Hello, SWS fans!
In Japan, the depressing rainy season always starts in June, but somehow, this year the weather has been refreshing every day.
There was a tornado in the USA, a flood in Europe, and a forest fire because of the unusual dryness. Is the place where you live alright? Please be careful with this abnormal weather.
Old Man Blog No.42 Uhu Edition, Episode 5
- - Contents -
- * Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- * I'm sorry to say that this is the last SWS Uhu episode for now.
- * The SWS Uhu Concept Note also goes on sale at the same time!
- * Thank you very much for reading the SWS Uhu episodes for all this time.
Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
I've heard that all preordered kits within Japan will be shipped out by June 15. We're processing the overseas orders at the same time, but with the long journey and the customs process, there might be a little more of a wait.
At any rate, the SWS Uhu will reach you soon. Please look forward to the kit for just a little longer.
Although as I write this, I realize that there might be some of you whose kit has already arrived safe and sound, and you're reading this as you go through the parts.
How is it? What do you think of Zoukei-mura's work on the SWS Uhu?
How do you think the He 219 Uhu came to have its unique external appearance? As you finally begin to build your SWS kit, perhaps you will come to understand the enigmatic Uhu.
It's more than just a machine.
Furnished with astounding beauty and functionalities, you might say it is a masterpiece that has entered into the realm of art. With time, I'm sure you will become more and more engrossed and amazed by this aircraft.
Please enjoy it as much as you like. It is especially for people who own the SWS kit.
Anyway, I'm glad that we could bring you the SWS Uhu!
It seems like your Uhu, which you were worried about, arrived at your front door safely.
Have you successfully passed the usual strict surveillance network of your wife because of all your careful preparations? Uneventful and safe; well done. A round of applause for you.
Somehow, you seem to have lots of confidence on your poker face.
However, you should know that you can't use the same method in the future again.
You should consider yourself lucky this time. On the major strategy of the magnificent SWS kit collection, the worst enemy is your overconfidence.
Also, you need to keep your guard up right after the secret strategy has succeeded.
Always keep yourself in check, and be careful not to get conceited or overconfident.
Otherwise, from just a little thing, a rift will appear in your strategy, and you might have a crisis on the whole collection one after another. Please keep a strict poker face and bear further strict information management in your mind.
You can't follow in the footsteps of the staggering defeat from the Battle of Midway, which the Japanese Navy suffered.
Anyway, it is important to think that Uhu is easy, comparing the full picture of SWS kits, which the development steps forward one after another in the future.
The plans of the SWS No.8, No. 9 and all the next SWS kits are ongoing to throw you into the storm of joy, which is losing consciousness, an earthshaking, and dancing.
Please consider Uhu as a small food in an appetizer and prepare yourself to the future that the favorites in the main dish will keep coming up.
Just thinking about it sates me enough that I no longer have an appetite!
The SWS is actually going to be great from now!!!
I will give you a developing airplane quiz in the next episode of this blog. I am looking forward to a lot of answers from you.
I'm sorry to say that this is the last SWS Uhu episode for now.
Well, well, what are your impressions after having a first look at the SWS Uhu kit?
Was it a suitable workmanship for the SWS kit No. 6!?
Perhaps some of you have already started the assembly, and are moving forward faster than me! Wonderful!!!
Today, I would like to show you the joining of the fuselage and the main wings as the final step of the assembly.
The entire kit and its parts could reach such a quality because of its 1/32 scale size – well no, that is because of it's an SWS kit!
The more I look at it and the more I get to know it, I feel like I can get a taste of the prominent talent of Dr. Heinkel.
It is like a mystery, or magic – the airplane is like a lump of human intelligence, which is kept inside of fuselage that has the fantastic and magical external design. This is the He 219.
Now it is time that you fully enjoy the several beautiful structures that the Heinkel He 219 shows, and that can be made only by a SWS kit, by your hands.
This is my office, in the Zoukei-Mura headquarters, located in Kyoto.
Even if it is true, perhaps that it looks like a torture room for the SWS development team. I have completed the torture… Whoops. I mean I have completed the fuselage and the main wings on my temporary work bench. Though it is just workshop on the parts only, it spreads enough of the wonderfulness and the splendor of the Uhu.
As the real airplane, the way the main wings join perfectly to the fuselage allows us to taste the atmosphere of the production factory of the Uhu.
The base, where the kit is, is a cutting board that I made myself to mold the parts. It is very useful when you need to carefully sharpen parts, such as the propellers pitch details for instance. Shall I make them for sale?
This is one picture taken from the rear part of the airplane.
When I assembled the kit this time, as I tried to build it using three different test shots, the mold color of the parts are different depending on the test shot samples. Also, because we have corrected one detail, some parts of the released kit may differ.
If I can complete all these parts, three Uhu kits will be here!
Just by hearing the part number, you might feel that you need a lot of time and effort to build it, but it is easy if you think of the pleasure of the assembly process. More than that, the joy of discovering the mystery of the Uhu with my hands makes my heart trembles!
At first, I was astonished by the massive size of the Uhu, but building it makes it familiar to me, and surprisingly, at last, I did not pay attention to its size. Perhaps that it is also because of my presbyopia, but I feel that a 1/32 scale is better to taste the beautiful structure perfectly reproduced in detail.
Well, what do you think of it?
Maybe it's this beautiful structure, or its expression of life, but as I build it, I feel so satisfied I can't help but grin like a fool.
I am sure that you, too, wish to stop time and to continuously stare at it.
And even for me, building the kit until this step made me realize once again that in fact I just knew a little part of the airplane, and so including its external shape!
It was the continuity of assembly which I could learn what I did not know about the Uhu.
Well, on the contrary, the truth is that I could even say that I did not know almost anything about the Uhu.
The reason is that, since I began assembling the kit, I am immerged in the joy of rediscovering the Uhu once again.
Even for you who are so familiar with the Uhu, if you build this SWS kit, you should be surprised once again by the series of new discoveries you will make.
Oh, but the Uhu is really such a beautiful, mysteriously wonderful airplane!
The SWS Uhu Concept Note also goes on sale at the same time!
"I'm always excited when the latest SWS kit goes on sale!" With this sort of encouragement from so many SWS kit fans from around the world, we're finally at the point where we can release the Concept Note at the same time as the actual kit.
I think this time around, as per usual, you can expect the Uhu Concept Note to be spot on and filled with wonderful content.
The information on the actual aircraft was gathered directly from the Uhu undergoing restoration at the Smithsonian Museum, and the Concept Note is packed with photographs and detailed commentary from experts.
Actually, in some of the photos included in the book, you can see the Zoukei-Mura SWS development team all bundled up in their white work jumpsuits.
See if you can find them! (You'll find our development team members N, T, and K.)
In addition, in the kit's assembly commentary, you'll find everything from the most basic assembly steps to tips for the final finishing touches, as well as some notes about what to watch out for.
There are also finished kit examples from 3 famous modeler pros from around the world, plus articles written by them on their assembly process, as usual.
Oops, we can't forget the secretly popular "Novel" corner.
As even the detailed drawings of the Uhu and the 1/48 scale are specially included, it's quite the bargain!
This Concept Note is a valuable addition to your airplane collection, as resource for information about the actual He 219, and as a guide for the kit. I hope you will bring one home.
This is the SWS Uhu Concept Note!!
Read it first, then buy the kit, or buy the kit, then read it!
This is already an absolute must-have item for any SWS Kit collection. From the detailed photographs based on research of the actual aircraft to tips, tricks, and basic steps for building the kit, it seems like the correct answer would be to read the Concept Note first, then build the kit.
You can order online here → [ VOLKS Website Store ]
Well then, thank you for following along with the SWS Uhu development for all this time.
Starting with the next blog, you'll get to hear all about the noteworthy Japanese aircraft SWS 1/32 "Mitsubishi Raiden."
The vision I had, as I lay on my side on my hospital bed, gazing out the window on that hot summer day after my vocal cord polyp surgery, of black planes flying in formation rising against the blue of my eyelids, will finally become a reality.
It had a kind of stout feel. The aircraft, which was molded to have volume in all its parts, was designed in a style quite unlike other Japanese aircrafts of the time. But in truth, the aircraft was the most Japanese of Japanese aircrafts because of its atmosphere and its beauty.
Along the way, there was a moment when I had to push myself thinking, "this has to change!" and we completely redid the whole section, from the design to the metal molding.
But even by that roundabout way, the completed "Raiden" is so cool, so superb it sends shivers down my spine.
I'm getting excited about this project, as I strongly believe that it will reflect the graceful design concepts of Japanese aircrafts, and it will be second only to the elegant external design of the SWS P-51D Mustang, which is being developed at the same time.
Coming soon!! The ultimate scale model, the Raiden in 1/32 scale, is coming your way.
If you happen to be talking to a zealous fan of Japanese aircrafts who has yet to try an SWS Kit, I would definitely, highly recommend this Raiden to them as the finest example of Zoukei-mura's work.
I hope you'll look forward to the beauty of a Japanese aircraft that only Japanese designers and developers can create.
Here in the Northern Hemisphere, a hot summer is headed our way. For all your modelers, please enjoy your "hobby life" while taking care of yourself in this hot weather.
Well, until next time!
Farewell for now.
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
- Archives -
- No.001 Ta152 episode 01 Passion for the Product Launch Process
- No.002 Ta152 episode 02 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- No.003 Ta152 episode 03 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- No.004 Ta152 episode 04 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- No.005 Ta152 episode 05 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- No.006 Ta152 episode 06 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- No.007 Ta152 episode 07 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- No.008 Ta152 episode 08 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- No.009 Ta152 episode 09 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- No.010 Ta152 episode 10 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- No.011 SKYRAIDER episode 01 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- No.012 SKYRAIDER episode 02 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- No.013 SKYRAIDER episode 03 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- No.014 SKYRAIDER episode 04 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- No.015 SKYRAIDER episode 05 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- No.016 SKYRAIDER episode 06 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- No.017 SKYRAIDER episode 07 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- No.018 SKYRAIDER episode 08 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- No.019 SKYRAIDER episode 09 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- No.020 SKYRAIDER episode 10 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- No.021 Extra episode 01 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- No.022 Extra episode 02 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- No.023 Extra episode 03 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- No.024 Extra episode 04 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- No.025 MUSTANG episode 01 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- No.026 MUSTANG episode 02 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- No.027 MUSTANG episode 03 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- No.028 MUSTANG episode 04 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- No.029 MUSTANG episode 05 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- No.030 MUSTANG episode 06 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- No.031 MUSTANG episode 07 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- No.032 MUSTANG episode 08 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- No.033 MUSTANG episode 09 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- No.034 MUSTANG episode 10 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- No.035 Extra episodeII 01 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- No.036 Extra episodeII 02 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- No.037 Extra episodeII 03 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- No.038 Uhu episode 01 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- No.039 Uhu episode 02 We went this year, as well!! The Nürnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- No.040 Uhu episode 03 Cockpit Assembly
- No.041 Uhu episode 04 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- No.042 Uhu episode 05 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- No.043 RIDEN episode 01 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- No.044 Extra episodeIII 01 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- No.045 Extra episodeIII 02 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- No.046 Extra episodeIII 03 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- No.047 Extra episodeIV IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- No.048 Extra episodeV Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- No.049 HORTEN episode 01 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- No.050 HORTEN episode 02 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- No.051 HORTEN episode 03 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- No.052 HORTEN episode 04 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- No.053 HORTEN episode 05 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- No.054 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.055 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.056 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.057 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- No.058 HORTEN episode 06 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- No.059 Extra episodeVII IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.060 HORTEN episode 07 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- No.061 HORTEN episode 08 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- No.062 HORTEN episode 09 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- No.063 HORTEN episode 10 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- No.064 Extra episodeVIII Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- No.069 Extra episodeIX We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- No.071 Extra episodeX The Old Man's meddling!!
- No.072 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.073 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.074 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016