What is the Joint Festival?
4 big Volks events are held all together at the same time.
Even if the hobbies are different, all of us enjoy them in the same way.
Please come to the biggest event of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
40th Anniversary of Volks Inc. BIG EVENT - JOINT FESTIVAL-
- [Opening Day]
- December 22nd 2013
- [Door Opening Time]
- 12:00 – 18:00
- Tokyo Big Sight East 4, 5, 6 Halls
- *Approx. 3 minutes' walk from Kokusai-Tenjijo-Seimon Station. It will take approx. 22 minutes by Yurikamome train from Shimbashi Station (JR, Subways).
- [Entry fee]
- Entrance is free
- & Contents
- * Scale Model Frontier (Contest, Assembly Lessons, etc.)
- * Venue Special Sales Corner
- * Hobby Round & VLOCKer's Koushien 06
- * Rail Expo and Assembly Lessons
- * Dolls Expo and Dealers' Booths
- * ther Volks 40 Year Anniversary vents
→ Click to download a map of the venue (pdf approximately 1.9MB)
* This is me (when I was 24 years old) and my wife (she was 21).
We opened a Volks shop 2 weeks after getting married. This picture was taken in front of the shop.
We knew nothing, we could do nothing, and we had nothing. We two started business being totally inexperienced in the ways of the world. At that time, all we had were dreams, and even today that is still the same.
However because of our innocence, we could dare to take chances.
Since that day, we have been blessed with 4 children, keeping 5 dogs, 2 cats, 3 parrots. And now we have a longed-awaited grandchild!
My wife has been raising all of them! Including me!
So, I have been no match for my wife since we got married. She is totally in control.
What? Same with you?
I know, I know. That is why the world piece has been achieved, my friend!
Let's keep contributing to a world peace!
40 years ago, one cold winter morning.
December 3, 1972. One small model shop was open.
Its name was "plastic-hobby shop Volks."
"Volks" means 'public' or 'everyone's' in German. It was a very small shop. It has almost the same space as a compact car.
We didn't have enough money to purchase of stock, so I displayed my model kit collection which I was working on. And only when we got an order from customers, we went to a warehouse to make purchase. Like a "let's pretend" game of children, it was the beginning of "Volks".
40 years have passed.
At that time, no one could imagine that the day we can invite our customers to our event held in Tokyo Big Sight would come.
It is an only a one-day event in the year end, but we will hold the Joint Festival in order to express our gratitude for your continued support. We would like to show you our 40 years-history and enthusiasm for our future work.
We are looking forward to seeing you there.
EXTRA!!! SWS COMPLETE MODELS VENUE AUCTION!!!
For you aircraft modelers out there, the SWS "Full Metal Uhu Model" complete with diorama base, assembled by the divine metal worker Mr. Naoki Kobayashi will on display as well!!
The world's only "Full Metal Uhu", assembled by the divine modeler, Mr. Naoki Kobayashi himself, is finally complete; and he's going to donate it as an auction item!
It's so awesome that just looking at it will make you happy!
Take a look at this grandiosity!! This heftiness!!! And this realism!! It's a shame that I can't show this to you here in person! There's nothing missing from this as it was assembled by the grand master Mr. Kobayashi himself! Of course he used metal sheets with different grades of reflectivity for the various external planks. He has applied the touches of a true craftsman with each piece.
Total number of days used; 32! Total number of hours; 320! With even more polishing tasks in addition to this as well. He topped it all off with a handmade diorama base, crafted specifically for this showcasing! This is sure to blow you away as it is jam-packed with the experiences, skills, and top tier styling sense of a true master, Mr. Naoki Kobayashi! Please visit us at the venue and take a look at this metallic Uhu with your own eyes!
Even the internal structures, all assembled by Mr. Kobayashi himself, are definitely worth seeing! Being a true master, he perfectly finished the complicated tasks that are the Uhu's engine and internal structures. The engine panel, cowling, and gun-pack, and the gun-panel atop the main wings can be removed to view inside.
Who will be the successful bidder of this magnificent Uhu, crafted by master Kobayashi!? Let us hold our breaths and await the answer!
→Joint Festival "VOLKS ONE FOR ALL" Hobby Round Charity Auction
Who will be the successful bidder of this special Uhu?
The entire staff will be awaiting you arrival, please make this a memorable last page in your 2013 hobby life!
* As you can see in this picture, the engine mounted on the model is beautifully finished to the details.
All were assembled by Naoki Kobayashi.
* You can see Mr. Kobayashi's originality in the detailed work in a cockpit. Look at its accurate expression on the meter panel!
The paint on a seatbelt, levers, and the other accessories are excellently finished.
* The recreation of Liechtenstein radar that is hidden in the nose of SWS Uhu is as you can see above.
Not just the paint on the parts of air frame, but the surface of the fuselage, the nose cover, and the connection to the canopy look like being made from metal, and fit together perfectly.
* Engines have been equipped on the main wings. Paint and attachment of the gun belt of 20mm machine guns to the gun panel have completed.
He starts placing metal plates on external panels.
They look beautiful even now.
* Mr. Kobayashi is concentrating on his work placing metals on the Uhu auction model.
He has made it this far! His technique never fails to surprise all who see it.
Instantly, the Cockpit cover of the Uhu is coming to be metalized.
* "Here. You see?" Mr. Kobayashi's relaxed smile seems to guarantee his excellent work.
Major model magazines run a feature review of Mr. Kobayashi's works; P-51, Ta152, F104, B-36, and as you know, he has become legendary among the modelers.
British publisher: Valiant Wings Publishing produces a guidebook of SWS P-51 Mustang!
A guidebook of SWS P-51 Mustang is released from a British publisher!
On the 64 all color pages, Up-and-coming modeler, Daniel Zamarbide, gives detailed commentaries on Mustang's stories, assembly guide, the way to put realistic paint, and introduction of written materials and decals.
This guidebook amazes even the Zoukei-mura development team.
This is a perfect book for you to enjoy SWS Mustang to the fullest.
This book is written in English, but even if you cannot read English, with all the wonderful color pictures for each process and detailed commentaries, you can use it as a reference and enjoy it.
As well, Valiant Wings Publishing plans to produce its second SWS guidebook "He219 Uhu" that will be noteworthy book too.
There is limited number of copies, so I recommend that you make a purchase early.
SWS Mustang Guidebook...2400 JPY (+fee)
You can buy this book at: VOLKS Website Store
This is a self-produced, my favorite stand for building a plastic model!
(This item is limited run, so we will finish selling it once sold out.)
Yes, I drew a plan and crafted it with wood offcuts.
I have used it personally for long years, but many people who saw me using it and understood its convenience have told me that they want to buy it. So, this time I decide to make small quantity production and sell them to people who want them.
This item is limited run, so we will finish selling it once sold out.
"Volks Oyaji's Stand for building a plastic model"
Price: 4800 JPY (+fee)
*now in preparation for the sales.
When I make propellers thinner or working with planer shapes, I use this stand as another fingers to keep the parts steadily.
And when I smooth a joint area of tires or mold parting lines on small parts, this stand soothes the pain of fingers.
This stand is good for building all kind of plastic models.
However this is made from wood, so unsuitable for processing of metal or works using fire. There will be a crack or a burn mark. This stand is only for processing of plastic.
I recommend this to you who focus on cutting process and a craft knife!
Craft Knife Holder handcrafted by Philip Hui in the U.S.
Price: 2800 JPY (+fee) ～ 4000 JPY (+fee)
*now in preparation for the sales.
This is an artistic knife holder handcrafted by Philip Hui. I met him at the venue of IPMS Colorado this summer.
He handcrafts this knife one by one, so we will finish selling it once sold out.
If you find a favorite one, please get it. You can use it for life.
Please see it with your own eyes at the nearest Volk showroom as soon as possible.
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
- Archives -
- No.001 Ta152 episode 01 Passion for the Product Launch Process
- No.002 Ta152 episode 02 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- No.003 Ta152 episode 03 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- No.004 Ta152 episode 04 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- No.005 Ta152 episode 05 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- No.006 Ta152 episode 06 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- No.007 Ta152 episode 07 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- No.008 Ta152 episode 08 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- No.009 Ta152 episode 09 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- No.010 Ta152 episode 10 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- No.011 SKYRAIDER episode 01 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- No.012 SKYRAIDER episode 02 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- No.013 SKYRAIDER episode 03 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- No.014 SKYRAIDER episode 04 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- No.015 SKYRAIDER episode 05 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- No.016 SKYRAIDER episode 06 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- No.017 SKYRAIDER episode 07 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- No.018 SKYRAIDER episode 08 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- No.019 SKYRAIDER episode 09 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- No.020 SKYRAIDER episode 10 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- No.021 Extra episode 01 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- No.022 Extra episode 02 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- No.023 Extra episode 03 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- No.024 Extra episode 04 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- No.025 MUSTANG episode 01 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- No.026 MUSTANG episode 02 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- No.027 MUSTANG episode 03 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- No.028 MUSTANG episode 04 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- No.029 MUSTANG episode 05 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- No.030 MUSTANG episode 06 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- No.031 MUSTANG episode 07 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- No.032 MUSTANG episode 08 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- No.033 MUSTANG episode 09 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- No.034 MUSTANG episode 10 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- No.035 Extra episodeII 01 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- No.036 Extra episodeII 02 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- No.037 Extra episodeII 03 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- No.038 Uhu episode 01 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- No.039 Uhu episode 02 We went this year, as well!! The Nürnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- No.040 Uhu episode 03 Cockpit Assembly
- No.041 Uhu episode 04 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- No.042 Uhu episode 05 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- No.043 RIDEN episode 01 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- No.044 Extra episodeIII 01 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- No.045 Extra episodeIII 02 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- No.046 Extra episodeIII 03 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- No.047 Extra episodeIV IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- No.048 Extra episodeV Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- No.049 HORTEN episode 01 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- No.050 HORTEN episode 02 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- No.051 HORTEN episode 03 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- No.052 HORTEN episode 04 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- No.053 HORTEN episode 05 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- No.054 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.055 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.056 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.057 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- No.058 HORTEN episode 06 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- No.059 Extra episodeVII IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.060 HORTEN episode 07 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- No.061 HORTEN episode 08 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- No.062 HORTEN episode 09 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- No.063 HORTEN episode 10 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- No.064 Extra episodeVIII Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- No.069 Extra episodeIX We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- No.071 Extra episodeX The Old Man's meddling!!
- No.072 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.073 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.074 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016