- - Contents -
- * It was a great success! Thank you for coming to VOLKS Joint Festival!
- * The first test shot of SWS Ho229 is finally getting here!!
It was a great success!
Thank you very much for coming to VOLKS Joint Festival.
It's so cold everyday here in Japan, located in the Northern Hemisphere. But how are you doing?
We have got the New Year 2014 started in peace.
I am very happy that you visit my blog site again this year.
"Your dream is my dream". I'd like to innovate the world of scale model with you all thorough SWS kit and the other products.
Thank you very much for your continued support to Zoukei-mura and SWS kit this year.
As I announced on this blog in the end of last year, we held "VOLKS Joint Festival" in commemoration of the 40th anniversary of VOLKS at Tokyo Big Sight. Here is a report on the event.
It was a one-day event, so time was really limited, but we were surprised that so many people joined in. It became a big and fun event, and successfully completed without incident.
I appreciate very much your participation.
On behalf of VOLKS Group, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Saturday December 21, 2013
We are finally leaving for Tokyo! For Joint Festival! Large-sized buses are going in line on the Tomei Expressway for 8 hours!! Volks Staffs are departing from the Kyoto head office.
They have much energy! Cheer up Volks!!
The members of "Virginal Art" who produces Volks original resin kit are on this bus.
They usually work in manufacturing sector, but today they are departing in order to hold an event!
They are young and full of energy!! Cheer up Virginal!!
Sunday December 22 at 0 a.m.
This is the East Hall of the Japan's biggest Convention Center, Tokyo Big Sight. On this huge space, Volks 40th anniversary event is about to take place.
As you can see on these photos, Volks staff members did everything from its planning, preparation, to operation.
At 2 a.m.
They already begin preparation before dawn.
You know, it is 400 km from Kyoto to this site in Tokyo!
We bring in as much cargo as five 10-ton trucks for this event.
There is already a long waiting line around the site. It will open soon, everyone!
Look! How huge! Volks staffs who are working hard look like small dolls.
It is several hours before we welcome our guests. I still cannot believe this will be a site which leaves its mark on hobby history.
Volks original finished products are being placed on the tables one after another. There are old monsters, figures, latest mecha models etc. They are all colorful with a wide variety of products. You may have some in your collection, haven't you?
Our staffs are busy preparing booths.
Volks regularly hold events at Tokyo Big Sight twice a year, but it is first time to hold 4 hobby category events (Dolls, Scale Models…) altogether.
What is this huge booth covered with white cloth?
This is the place where the Volks doll owners will challenge that World Records.
How many dolls can make a line holding hands? I can't wait!!
OHH!! A big signboard is being set up! I'm getting excited!
I regret that this event will end today.
Volks showroom came to this site as a one-day shop.
Its selection of goods and the prices are special for today only.
At any rate, hobby is fun!
This is the exhibit room called "Memorial Museum" where you can see Volks 40 year history.
From among our huge collection of Figures, Monsters, Army and Air Force Scale Models, Dolls, and Train Models, representative products are selected and displayed.
All the preparations are complete for the Memorial Museum where Volks original products for 40 years are displayed altogether.
We will keep trying to innovate the world of hobby!!
What is this colorful board? We put all the Volks News we have sent to our customers.
We produced them, but we are surprised to see that they contains such a variety of information!
This is a venue for the World Record Challenge. We will try to set a new record for "the longest line of dolls". There are well over 3000 loved dolls gathered from all over Japan!
The dolls are going to challenge the record holding each other's hands!
How about this overwhelming sight!
Many dolls we sent to our customers gather here today in order to make the longest line in the world. You are all brothers and sisters! You can do it!
Wow! This is a huge railway layout created by our staffs. Its theme is four seasons. It recreates Japan's beautiful sceneries on HO scale and N gauge scale.
In the work place in Kyoto, people were surprised to see how huge it was, but it looks so small in this site!?
This is "Spring" scene. You see? The Volks head office is recreated in details.
Huge hobby shop "Volks Osaka Hobby Square" which owns a building and its total store floor area is 3300 square feet is also beautifully recreated. In this layout, you can find the other Volks offices and stores located in all over Japan. Which Volks do you know?
This is a resting place for our guests. There are a lot of tables and chairs for them to relax and enjoy the event all day to the full.
This place will be packed with the guests! I can almost see that.
Preparation for each display progresses steadily. This is a display for the large-sized doll Super Dollfie®. Dolls Parties are well known, being held twice a year at Tokyo Big Sight.
This time, the Dolls Party marks its 30th anniversary, so it will be more satisfying doll-event.
This is a special event space for Hobby Outlet.
We will offer best buys at special discount rate today.
There are a variety of Planes, AFV, Gundam Plastic Models, Battleship Models, Tools and Colors all are sold at anniversary-sale price.
There are a lot of things I want to buy!!
The preparations continue.
There are enormous kinds of products to be displayed at the Memorial Museum, from small Figures, Mecha Model, Dolls to Scale Models.
Once they are put on the tables like this, and will be assembled and displayed.
There are already a lot of guests!!
I can hear the chatter of happy people here and there. The event continues throughout the day! Please enjoy every minute of it!
Welcome to Joint Festival from all over Japan!
The site is full of over 10,000 guests who come from Hokkaido in the north to Kyushu and Okinawa in the south. Among them there were people who come from Taiwan, Korea, China, Singapore, Germany, Russia, the United States, Australia, Thailand, and from Oman in the Middle East. Thank you very much for coming all the way!!
In this huge space, over 350 people open "individual booth"!
They are bursting with ideas, and put a lot of love into making their own goods. I am glad to see the booth crammed with these goods.
Many people come here to buy these goods from all over Japan.
What are they doing here?
Yes, this is a workshop for assembly of Volks original figure "Charagumin".
You can complete a cute figure by assembling colored resin parts! It looks like they are having fun!!
This is a workshop for "Air Brush".
You can see how to choose a brush, prepare color and how to spray it. It's easy to grasp the techniques when you see them with your own eyes.
They look so serious!
You must know this!
This is to make an announcement of the award winners of Volks original-"VLOCKer's" contest.
The wonderful VLOCKer's works selected from among applicants throughout Japan have been competing! It sure deserves attention!
Of course, Dolls Party is held together!
It marks the 30th anniversary.
I can feast my eyes on this beautiful Volks doll.
Oh-oh, this is "Old man's candy store" which is popular in Volks events.
Suddenly, I am appearing with a candy wagon and hand out sweet treat for free to anybody. This is unexpectedly quite popular among the guests!!
Wow! Here is such a fashionable booth that offers lunch!
This is remodeled car of an old Volkswagen microbus. It smells so good!
We did it!! We set a new world record for the longest line of the dolls!
Furthermore, all the dolls who participated in the challenge are Volks dolls! This is a prodigious feat!
Congratulations to all the participants who came from all over Japan! And Thank you!
Here, the "Full Metal Uhu" assembled by the divine modeler, Mr. Kobayashi, is ready for a special auction.
You want to know the results?
Thank you very much. A modeler makes a bit for it at 300,000 JPY!!
"Bingo Game" finally starts! Gorgeous prizes are offered to the winners! The venue is filled with excitement with every one's raised expectations!!
We had a lot of fun, but the event is about to be over.
I made a speech on the stage to express my gratitude to the guests. Thank you for a grand applause.
We, Volks group, will launch full-scale efforts to achieve our goal
"to make customers happy thorough the hobby world!".
I appreciate your continued support for the Volks group.
The one-day anniversary event ends in silence.
- And our next events are:
- * Saturday January 25, Sunday January 26 ---------- Volks Kyoto Hobby Square Thanks Festa 5
- * Sunday March 9 ---------------------------------- Hometown Dolls Party Kyoto 10
- * Sunday April 20 --------------------------------- Hobby Round 11
- * Monday/Japanese Holiday May 5 ------------------- Dolls Party 31
- And so on. We will hold a lot of fun events!
Please come and join in Volks events with your friends!
Thank you very much for coming. Volks celebrates its 40th year in business.
We held the Joint Festival with all our might. Did you enjoy it?
I'm afraid there might be some inconveniences, but please forgive us out of consideration for our passion!
We appreciate your continued support for Volks!
160 staffs that were selected from the Volks group managed the Joint Festival.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the next event!
Until that day,
"Good-bye! Please take care!"
Volks Group Staffs
The first test shot of SWS Ho229 is finally getting here!!
Now, the soul of the gifted Horten brothers revives!
Finally, the time has come for you to add the Luftwaffe Monster Bird to your aircraft collection!
Now, return to the origins of the Scale Models!
We, Zoukei-mura, put our modeler-spirit into the plastic model kit.
This 1/32 Horten kit is the next SWS new item.
The SWS Horten kit is the ultimate plastic aircraft kit developed with the spirit and all the techniques of Zoukei-mura Development Team.
It's not a simple model kit that has been developed to be assembled. It is a kit that you can feel like you are recreating a real aircraft while assembling it.
Furthermore, you can learn the aircraft's usefulness, structures, mechanism and even the reason why it is organically constructed.
And, in the process of creating the kit, you can actually see why and when this aircraft was developed.
The goal of the development of the SWS Horten kit was set to faithfully return to the origins of Scale Model. Then, the development did start.
We want a Horten like a real aircraft!!
And one day, the long-waited first test shot of SWS Ho229 is finally getting here.
We opened the box with shaky hands, and inside it!!
Right, at first, a bunch of airframe's parts from the test shot!
We remember the days we repeatedly tested them.
We checked each part in a hurry, and a test assembly of each part was conducted by team members in somber atmosphere.
"Unexpectedly, it's a compact airframe! But, the design was done by a genius for sure."
A member says to himself.
As you can see in these pictures, the accuracy of this first test shot was acceptable.
It is a moment we recall everything; it started by gathering information at Smithsonian Museum, in the USA, then, we analyzed the structure of the aircraft, recreated the parts, depicted its mechanism, and had hard moments during this so long period when we faithfully transposed everything in the molding design.
We have come this far finally!
It seems that something like a relief heals our hearts.
But we cannot relax yet! The real production process of the plastic model is just starting from now!
We cannot relax our attention here. Towards the final finish, we must reflect this delicate workmanship in the metal molds. As a matter of fact, from now, we start to work on a bunch of difficult tasks.
As for the details of this first test shot, I will make a report on the next blog.
Please do look forward to that!
It's so advanced! It's beyond common sense! This cutting-edge design of the Horten might drop a hint of the future military aircraft!
No, it did predict the trend of future!
Through SWS development method, we recreate this unique aircraft as a kit. As we returned to the origins of the Scale Models, we make this ultimate kit!
Please look forward to it!
A series of photos will reveal the details of
SWS 1/32 Horten kit on the next blog soon!!
The last resort of Luftwaffe "Ho229 Horten"
For Luftwaffe fans, I strongly recommend that you should buy this SWS Horten.
It will win your heart!
Please take care of yourself until the day of its release!
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
Luftwaffe Heavy Fighter 1/32 Do335 is also diligently under development in order to make one of the best SWS kits!!
This will be a breathtaking kit too!! Look forward to it!!
PS. What is the relationship among the 3 companies, Volks, Zoukei-mura, and Virginal Art?
Zoukei-mura Inc. was originally established and run as a factory branch to produce the master samples of the original items for production planned by the Hobby sales company, Volks Inc.
Recently Zoukei-mura Inc. has started developing and selling its original items like the SWS kit, SRS (HO-scale train models), etc.
And Virginal Art is a company for manufacturing all these items.
It means that these three companies in the Volks group are mutually related, capitalizing on one another's strength from planning to manufacturing, sales and after service.
We are looking forward to your continued supports.
- Archives -
- No.001 Ta152 episode 01 Passion for the Product Launch Process
- No.002 Ta152 episode 02 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- No.003 Ta152 episode 03 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- No.004 Ta152 episode 04 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- No.005 Ta152 episode 05 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- No.006 Ta152 episode 06 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- No.007 Ta152 episode 07 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- No.008 Ta152 episode 08 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- No.009 Ta152 episode 09 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- No.010 Ta152 episode 10 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- No.011 SKYRAIDER episode 01 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- No.012 SKYRAIDER episode 02 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- No.013 SKYRAIDER episode 03 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- No.014 SKYRAIDER episode 04 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- No.015 SKYRAIDER episode 05 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- No.016 SKYRAIDER episode 06 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- No.017 SKYRAIDER episode 07 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- No.018 SKYRAIDER episode 08 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- No.019 SKYRAIDER episode 09 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- No.020 SKYRAIDER episode 10 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- No.021 Extra episode 01 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- No.022 Extra episode 02 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- No.023 Extra episode 03 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- No.024 Extra episode 04 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- No.025 MUSTANG episode 01 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- No.026 MUSTANG episode 02 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- No.027 MUSTANG episode 03 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- No.028 MUSTANG episode 04 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- No.029 MUSTANG episode 05 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- No.030 MUSTANG episode 06 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- No.031 MUSTANG episode 07 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- No.032 MUSTANG episode 08 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- No.033 MUSTANG episode 09 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- No.034 MUSTANG episode 10 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- No.035 Extra episodeII 01 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- No.036 Extra episodeII 02 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- No.037 Extra episodeII 03 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- No.038 Uhu episode 01 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- No.039 Uhu episode 02 We went this year, as well!! The Nürnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- No.040 Uhu episode 03 Cockpit Assembly
- No.041 Uhu episode 04 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- No.042 Uhu episode 05 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- No.043 RIDEN episode 01 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- No.044 Extra episodeIII 01 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- No.045 Extra episodeIII 02 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- No.046 Extra episodeIII 03 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- No.047 Extra episodeIV IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- No.048 Extra episodeV Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- No.049 HORTEN episode 01 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- No.050 HORTEN episode 02 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- No.051 HORTEN episode 03 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- No.052 HORTEN episode 04 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- No.053 HORTEN episode 05 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- No.054 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.055 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.056 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.057 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- No.058 HORTEN episode 06 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- No.059 Extra episodeVII IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.060 HORTEN episode 07 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- No.061 HORTEN episode 08 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- No.062 HORTEN episode 09 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- No.063 HORTEN episode 10 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- No.064 Extra episodeVIII Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- No.069 Extra episodeIX We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- No.071 Extra episodeX The Old Man's meddling!!
- No.072 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.073 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.074 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- No.092 Happy New Year 2017!