Lately, it's getting comfortable in the early summer coming, but how are all of SWS fans doing? It has been quite a while since the last blog updated.
In any case, at Zoukei-mura, every day is the same as Japanese small-to-medium-sized companies' every day. I didn't have enough time to keep my blog leisurely because I had to take important decisions, to give proper instructions all day, to hold a lot of events, and to deal with consecutive unexpected things.
But please do not worry!
Even if we forget food and sleep, SWS kit is never ever forgettable. Day in and day out, all I have been thinking about is SWS kit development.
Sorry to have you keep waiting, but in this blog, I'll report on how 1/32 Horten development is progressing. After that, I'll write about the expectation of the release date and price as far as I can tell now.
Please have a good time enjoying the progress of SWS Horten development in this early summer. Same as the last time, I want to get your feedback. Thank you for all your cooperation.
Look! They are all looking at me!
Oops, that's not right. To tell you the truth, I built all of these kits for research and development of SWS kit. I want to find out how to make easy-to-build kit. I built these kits, 1/72 ~ 1/24 scale, in a snap. It was very good experience for me. It looks as if everyone is begging me for something, doesn't it?
It seems like they are having fun together. Well then, do you know what and which kits these guys are?
After completion, it'd be better to be able to see the internal SWS Horten! Nope, we want to see it by all means!
In the last blog, I asked for your opinion about "whether or not the clear materials should be used on the external parts of SWS 1/32 Horten". I deeply appreciate that so many customers sent reassuring messages saying, "I agree with the idea of using clear parts", from all over the world. Well we can suppose that even after completion, everyone wants to have a close look at the internal structure of airframe that they struggled to build.
Indeed, 100 % of emails were all hoping for the clear parts.
I have understood your request.
Your dream is my dream! Just leave it to me.
I will meet your great expectation by all means.
These are samples of the clear parts for the wing of the SWS 32 Horten kit.
I said clear, but there are some complicated and uneven moulds that can't be polished enough. Please make sure how clear they are in the picture above. Finally you can observe the internal structure of the airframe. Look forward to it!!
Of course, canopy parts are elaborately polished. You can enjoy the correctly recreated powerful airframe of Horten flying at sonic speed.
Use a sharp nipper when you snip parts off. But do not snip off just the part itself, please snip it with a small part of the gate too, and use file very carefully.
However, careful works are needed (handling the parts' cracks, treating the joint area, selection of the tools, etc.). These are not needed when building normal plastic kit, so it will put your skills to the test!
The wing parts have to be removed at the first attempt.
The real aircraft is made of woods, but it's quite unique to observe the internal structure through the clear parts, isn't it?
As shown in the pictures, the SWS 32 Horten kit will be delivered with clear parts for the external coating (mainly the wings). The biggest mystery of WWII German Air force: the secret of Horten, will be finally revealed in public throughout the clear parts.
With recreation of this kit, just by a glance, you can immediately understand the Horten outstanding fuselage structure, the suspension of its engine, the state of its armament and cockpit, as well as the steel pipe frame and the plane structure made of wood. You can complete your ideal scale model with your hands.
(Kit molded with regular color will not be released)
But even if clear parts are a good thing, one day you may get an unexpected and unhappy outcome. In other words, I would like you to know there is not always satisfaction with the external clear parts. I will explain the demerit of it right here so please don't misunderstand what I mean. Besides, please give me any better advice to solve these problems if you have.
- 1. The weak point of the clear parts is that the material is hard and yet fragile.
- "Once you complete the kit, you can see its inside structure through the outer clear parts."
- The other side of such a nice thing is that, being the material of clear parts very hard but fragile, thus you need to be very delicate when you cut the part off the runner and when you work on it.
You must be very careful, whether you use a well-cutting nipper, a small knife or a file cliff.
- Another weak point of the clear parts is that, if you use a nipper, it is very easy to make a crack if you put too much strength when you separate the runner and the part.
- Don't get too close to the runner when you cut the clear parts and be very delicate, without hurrying. Shape every single part, little by little, in order to make an accurate work.
- 2. Clear parts expose the adhesive surface and the work you did with your file.
- You can see the adhesive surface as it is, once you have glued clear and normal parts together. How to address this unavoidable phenomenon is actually a problem that must be sorted out.
If you have any idea, I'd be glad to hear it.
- 3. It is not possible to repair or fix the painting of clear parts with putty.
- The material is transparent. In other words, if it's not, there is absolutely nothing special with it. Whether you make a mistake with the glue, or you slightly damage the part, repair is not possible and it is very hard to make the part as it was before.
- Also, with the Horten kit, even if I said that we made it with clear parts, it concerns just external panels. As for the canopy, these parts are not meant to represent the glass of the original plane.
- Concerning the canopy, transparency degree may be increased just by polishing the die-cast but, in case of clear external parts this is not possible. Indeed these parts require joints and hatches, thread and rivet, and several molds.
- Hence, this interferes with the work that should be done to get the parts clearer. No need to say this extra job would imply an extra cost.
That's all, but all that glitters is not gold. There are many drawbacks to adopting these clear parts into the kit.
Clear parts have also a few disadvantages:
- - Parts are prone to crack when they are damaged.
- - They are difficult to mold.
- - You have to be very careful when cementing or gluing.
- - Clear parts are impossible to repair once they get dirt or get damaged.
- - There is a limit as how transparent a part can be.
But, despite all these shortcomings, you still want the SWS Horten kit with clear parts. Am I right?
OK!! You asked for it!
Let's go for the best Horten kit ever in full transparent outfit!! No regrets!!
Because, as you all know, nothing makes me happier than seeing you smiling in a delightful surprise!
Look at this beauty! Admire this piece of art (by the great artist Naoki Kobayashi) finished in clear parts. For the building of this kit, Mr. Kobayashi used a few strokes of superglue only in the most critical spots in order to attach the wing parts. Nobody else than Mr. Kobayashi could pull this off!! He comes up with such great ideas!
Mr. Kobayashi built a test-shot kit especially for a package box and magazine advertisements. It is equipped with the Jumo 004 engine that is perfectly painted like a cut model engine exhibited at a museum! This is a great work! You may come to want the kit by just looking at it!!
This is the cockpit. You can see the complex structure of the steel tube frame. It is astonishing to see that there is barely room to fit a human being there inside that crammed space. It looks and feels like a real fighter that represented the German Air Force last chance to win the war.
And very soon you will have this kit in your hands!! Look forward to that day!!
We are expecting to finally release the SWS Horten Kit this coming October!!
The waiting is going to end soon!!
The SWS Horten is already in its final stage before being released to the public.
I know you are worried about the price. If our strategy to reduce costs goes well, I think that we will manage to get this model kit to cost somewhere between the Skyraider and the He219 Uhu. We will do our very best until the last second!!
As you can imagine, following our style for developing SWS kits, this model exceeds by far the scale of the preceding SWS He219 A-0 Uhu and Skyraider kits with more amazing runners, more parts and even more details.
But this time, we have tried to reduce the price as much as possible so that the largest number of modeling fans can get their hands on this kit.
No need to mention that, as we did for the other kits, we will be also releasing figures of pilot and mechanics, diorama bases and small accessories to exhibit along with the Horten kit. Please, look forward to the release! This could be the best moment to start your collection of SWS kits.
On the next blog entry, I will let you know the details about pre-orders.
Please take care of yourself!!
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
PS. Let me know your request for the next SWS kits of Zoukei-mura:
- 1. WWII airplane of any nation….in 1/48, 1/32 scale
- 2. Worldwide airplane from 1945 to present days…..in 1/48, 1/32 scale
Please let me know the name of the plane(s) you would like to recreate in Zoukei-mura kit.
Other than that, please feel free to give us any comment and opinion if you have.
Please contact us in Japanese or English via the submission email below.
We, the development team, look forward to your reply!!
Luftwaffe Heavy Fighter 1/32 Do335 is also diligently under development in order to make one of the best SWS kits!!
This will be a breathtaking kit too!! Look forward to it!!
- Archives -
- No.001 Ta152 episode 01 Passion for the Product Launch Process
- No.002 Ta152 episode 02 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- No.003 Ta152 episode 03 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- No.004 Ta152 episode 04 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- No.005 Ta152 episode 05 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- No.006 Ta152 episode 06 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- No.007 Ta152 episode 07 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- No.008 Ta152 episode 08 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- No.009 Ta152 episode 09 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- No.010 Ta152 episode 10 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- No.011 SKYRAIDER episode 01 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- No.012 SKYRAIDER episode 02 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- No.013 SKYRAIDER episode 03 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- No.014 SKYRAIDER episode 04 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- No.015 SKYRAIDER episode 05 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- No.016 SKYRAIDER episode 06 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- No.017 SKYRAIDER episode 07 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- No.018 SKYRAIDER episode 08 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- No.019 SKYRAIDER episode 09 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- No.020 SKYRAIDER episode 10 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- No.021 Extra episode 01 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- No.022 Extra episode 02 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- No.023 Extra episode 03 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- No.024 Extra episode 04 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- No.025 MUSTANG episode 01 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- No.026 MUSTANG episode 02 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- No.027 MUSTANG episode 03 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- No.028 MUSTANG episode 04 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- No.029 MUSTANG episode 05 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- No.030 MUSTANG episode 06 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- No.031 MUSTANG episode 07 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- No.032 MUSTANG episode 08 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- No.033 MUSTANG episode 09 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- No.034 MUSTANG episode 10 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- No.035 Extra episodeII 01 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- No.036 Extra episodeII 02 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- No.037 Extra episodeII 03 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- No.038 Uhu episode 01 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- No.039 Uhu episode 02 We went this year, as well!! The Nürnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- No.040 Uhu episode 03 Cockpit Assembly
- No.041 Uhu episode 04 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- No.042 Uhu episode 05 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- No.043 RIDEN episode 01 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- No.044 Extra episodeIII 01 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- No.045 Extra episodeIII 02 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- No.046 Extra episodeIII 03 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- No.047 Extra episodeIV IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- No.048 Extra episodeV Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- No.049 HORTEN episode 01 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- No.050 HORTEN episode 02 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- No.051 HORTEN episode 03 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- No.052 HORTEN episode 04 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- No.053 HORTEN episode 05 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- No.054 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.055 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.056 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.057 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- No.058 HORTEN episode 06 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- No.059 Extra episodeVII IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.060 HORTEN episode 07 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- No.061 HORTEN episode 08 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- No.062 HORTEN episode 09 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- No.063 HORTEN episode 10 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- No.064 Extra episodeVIII Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- No.069 Extra episodeIX We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- No.071 Extra episodeX The Old Man's meddling!!
- No.072 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.073 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.074 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- No.092 Happy New Year 2017!