Hello to all of SWS fans!
Here it is the middle of the rainy season in Japan right now!
It's been annoyingly cloudy every day, but how is everyone doing?
I suppose that in the southern hemisphere, late fall and winter is coming from now.
Weather is unsettled when the seasons change, so please take good care of yourselves.
Now, as for SWS Horten that you long for, the final test shot has reached my hands from the local production facility.
With a total number of 19 sprues, the very fascinating scale model kit is here now, right in front of me.
As soon as we receive it, our development team members start carrying out the final check on each part, and deliberately build it many times in order to check if there is anything wrong. And at the very end, when I give a green light, they finally move toward its production.
In this Blog, I will let you know the followings:
- - Pre-release of SWS 1/32 Horten kit at IPMS Virginia
- - Development progress of our new product: SWS 1/32 "Do 335"
- - SWS kit requests made by fans worldwide.
- - Ideas on how to make the build with clear parts.
"Scale Mode Kit" let you enjoy model-building and have fun as if you are making a real aircraft with the magical material: plastic.
Please enjoy the updated information on SWS Horten's development as well.
Notice of Pre-release of SWS 1/32 Horten kit at IPMS Virginia
Finally, the SWS 1/32 Horten kit will be pre-released at IPMS Virginia in this August, but just a small quantity of kits will be available! Your chance to get the kit has come! Please visit our Zoukei-Mura booth as soon as possible if you are interested in it.
But please notice that the items in stock are limited, so we will sell only one kit per customer.
*Sales ends when the items are sold out.
- SWS 1/32 Ho 229 model kit
- Price ······ $152.00 (special price for the event)
- * Because this is a special sale for the event, the instruction manual will be different from the one included with the kit released in October. The October version of the instruction manual will be available for download in this Zoukei-Mura Blog.
- The official release date of SWS Horten kit is planned for late October.
The size of the box is 33×53×10cm, that is to say as big as the SWS Uhu's ones.
The beautiful box art shows the "mysterious wing" attacking the British WW II heavy fighter: Lancaster.
After all, it's time to add this astonish "Horten" in your 1/32 scale collection.
Please be prepared for it.
As shown in the picture above, the color and the style of SWS Horten instruction manual were made in the image of the original manual of Luftwaffe secret fighter. Of course, Mr. Naoki Kobayashi helped us for the building instructions. He has built this kit many times from an early stage, so he can use his experience to make manual easy-to-understand. You can see his ideas everywhere in it. Please look forward to this instruction manual as well as the kit itself.
It is incredible to see how the recreation of the Horten's intricate structure is so simple, and you will definitely feel impressed steadily by building it.
Here is the 1/48 Ta 152 which will also be available at Zoukei-Mura booth at IPMS Virginia!
1/32 Ta 152 kit was rescaled in 1/48, so how has the kit evolved?
We created a perfect kit in order not to betray the great expectation of 1/48 collectors.
Please rush to Zoukei-Mura booth!!
- SWS 1/48 Ta 152 model kit
- Price ······ $48.00 (special price for the event)
Thank you very much for your kind requests on SWS kit and expressing lots of dreams.
When I asked for any requests on SWS kits in the previous blog, I got many of emails back from SWS fans worldwide. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much.
Your dream is my dream.
Please keep supporting us with SWS kits from now on so that I can deliver your dream aircraft as a SWS kit.
Anyway, surprisingly enough, everyone has the same idea as mine!!
I enjoyed running through your emails and some of the requests that mentioned the upcoming new kit really freaked me out.
Look! Look at that!
Here we are!!
I will finally show you how the development of SWS 1/32 Do 335 kit is going on.
This is the first attempt to show you the 3D drawings of SWS Do 335.
What do you think about this? As compared to 1/32 Horten, obviously Do 335 makes a big difference!!
With this 3D drawing, this SWS kit is recreated as the way it is.
From the fuselage structure and the reproduction of each part, to the precise description of the mechanical movements of the plane, the development of this SWS kit is currently moving forward.
However, this is just a 3D drawing. From now, we will do more historical researches, and add more detailed description about each part as we can. We seek a recreation of the assembly process that will give you the fun as if you are creating the real aircraft.
We, the development team keep working hard to complete the final investigation in order to make this kit good enough to be part of your collection.
Please be a little bit more patient!!
While waiting for the day when the SWS Do 335 is released, please enjoy building the Ho229.
Our only hope is your patience and your judgment as a modeler.
The SWS 1/32 Horten looks like that! Its development went forward as the 3D drawings!
We conducted a thorough investigation into the real airplane exhibited in the famous Smithsonian Museum.
Based on the 3D drawings elaborated from all different angles, we have developed a great Horten as a scale model kit.
With the arrival of SWS Horten kit, many of scale modelers could finally get the ultimate fighter which looked like an almost real plane.
SWS 1/32 Horten will finally be available and you may change your idea about plastic models.
Applause for this great amount of information!
Through the SWS kit style, the entire "Do 335" is finally recreated!
From the DB 603 A traction engine to the cockpit, and from the tank fuels to the internal structure and the propulsion engine, you will enter into a world of building where you will feel as you are recreating the real "Do 335"!
The model-making world of 1/32 scale kits has moved so far!
For both, the expert modelers who built SWS kits many times and the new modelers who have never tried before, SWS Do 335 is the best recommended kit.
Luftwaffe Heavy Fighter 1/32 Do335 is also diligently under development in order to make one of the best SWS kits!!
This will be a breathtaking kit too!! Look forward to it!!
Thank you for your great ideas on how to use the clear parts.
"I have a good idea regarding the treatment of the clear parts for SWS Horten"
said Mr. Erwin Sengco from Los Angeles (California, USA). And others have posted many of their ideas to my Old Man Blog too.
I will briefly introduce them to you so please look it over.
Please be aware that these ideas and building techniques that I introduce in this blog are just ideas for reference. Please do not start your build just right away. Verify the building process and assembly first, and then try the described ideas below often enough before starting your build.
- Here are Mr. Erwin Sengco ideas:
- "I think the problem of hiding cut and file marks can be handled by dipping the clear part in Future Floor Wax. It is a cheap clear acrylic based liquid. It is actually called a different name now if you want to buy it from the USA. The new name is Pledge FloorCare Finish".
- "Another suggestion I want to add is the use of jewelers glue. It works like cyanoacrylate but it does not cloud clear parts. A common brand name is G-S Hypo Cement but there are others that give the same results."
I got another creative idea from Mr. Michael Ezat from Greece:
- Here are Mr. Michael Ezat ideas:
- "A little trick for avoiding cracks when we cut the parts from runner: You can cut them using a hot blade (burn for some seconds the blade of your cutter with a lighter or so and then the plastic will cut like butter without any risk )"
Lastly, I got another idea from Mr. Julio Cesar Gomez from Colombia:
- Here are Mr. Julio Cesar Gomez ideas:
- "It is true that sanding, or applying putty to the clear parts would damage that place, but there is a fix, and is to disguise the blemish painting it like wood, and resembling a screw or other piece there.."
Except those ideas above, we may still have other suggestions on how to use the clear parts, haven't you?
Please send me any further ideas to my blog.
Well, I will see you in this blog again.
Please take care of yourself until then.
I wish all the best to you and to your hobby life!!!
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
- Archives -
- No.001 Ta152 episode 01 Passion for the Product Launch Process
- No.002 Ta152 episode 02 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- No.003 Ta152 episode 03 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- No.004 Ta152 episode 04 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- No.005 Ta152 episode 05 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- No.006 Ta152 episode 06 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- No.007 Ta152 episode 07 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- No.008 Ta152 episode 08 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- No.009 Ta152 episode 09 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- No.010 Ta152 episode 10 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- No.011 SKYRAIDER episode 01 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- No.012 SKYRAIDER episode 02 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- No.013 SKYRAIDER episode 03 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- No.014 SKYRAIDER episode 04 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- No.015 SKYRAIDER episode 05 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- No.016 SKYRAIDER episode 06 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- No.017 SKYRAIDER episode 07 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- No.018 SKYRAIDER episode 08 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- No.019 SKYRAIDER episode 09 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- No.020 SKYRAIDER episode 10 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- No.021 Extra episode 01 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- No.022 Extra episode 02 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- No.023 Extra episode 03 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- No.024 Extra episode 04 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- No.025 MUSTANG episode 01 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- No.026 MUSTANG episode 02 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- No.027 MUSTANG episode 03 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- No.028 MUSTANG episode 04 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- No.029 MUSTANG episode 05 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- No.030 MUSTANG episode 06 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- No.031 MUSTANG episode 07 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- No.032 MUSTANG episode 08 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- No.033 MUSTANG episode 09 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- No.034 MUSTANG episode 10 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- No.035 Extra episodeII 01 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- No.036 Extra episodeII 02 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- No.037 Extra episodeII 03 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- No.038 Uhu episode 01 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- No.039 Uhu episode 02 We went this year, as well!! The Nürnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- No.040 Uhu episode 03 Cockpit Assembly
- No.041 Uhu episode 04 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- No.042 Uhu episode 05 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- No.043 RIDEN episode 01 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- No.044 Extra episodeIII 01 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- No.045 Extra episodeIII 02 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- No.046 Extra episodeIII 03 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- No.047 Extra episodeIV IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- No.048 Extra episodeV Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- No.049 HORTEN episode 01 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- No.050 HORTEN episode 02 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- No.051 HORTEN episode 03 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- No.052 HORTEN episode 04 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- No.053 HORTEN episode 05 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- No.054 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.055 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.056 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.057 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- No.058 HORTEN episode 06 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- No.059 Extra episodeVII IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.060 HORTEN episode 07 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- No.061 HORTEN episode 08 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- No.062 HORTEN episode 09 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- No.063 HORTEN episode 10 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- No.064 Extra episodeVIII Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- No.069 Extra episodeIX We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- No.071 Extra episodeX The Old Man's meddling!!
- No.072 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.073 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.074 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- No.092 Happy New Year 2017!