Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
I have received a great amount of letters from numerous SWS fans from all over the world, who have received their so desired and long-awaited SWS SKYRAIDERs.
These letters were full of cries of joy, like: “It was worth waiting!”, “Thank you for granting me such a wonderful time!’, “My dreams came true!” etc.
Their happiness seemed to fill me with happiness and pleasant feelings of gratification, too. Happiness and excitement appear to be contagious. Sharing these kinds of feelings makes my passion grow larger and larger and makes my burden of responsibility easier to carry.
I am so happy that you are pleased! It was worth all the trouble.
These kinds of responses support us (members of the SWS Development Team) more than anything else and fill us with power and inspiration.
“All right! Let's start working on the A-1E right now!” (Hold on a sec'!)
I cried with excitement. For one thing, there should be no problem with that, because I am holding the whole development process in my hands.
I can say what I want to say and continue going my way, full of inspiration and ideas for new SWS models lying before me. (Wait a minute...)
The AD-5 (A-1E) is one of the most popular types among numerous “SKYRAIDER” models. If you compare it with the A-1H model, you might first think that the only thing different is the cockpit, but if you pay close attention to it you will see that it is a completely different model. Also, if you speak of changing the kit, there is no doubt that all of the design work would have to be almost completely redone!
If you look at it from this angle, the SKYRAIDER could resemble a long boot. However, gathering information made me realise that it has a really glamorous body. If you look carefully, you will see that it consists of three smooth curved surfaces, forming a beautiful silhouette. And believe me, SWS is much more than just an ordinary "plastic model".
If you take a good look at the finished A-1H model, you will actually see the engine starting up, the propeller beginning to turn, the rudders and elevator moving...Oh...I am beginning to feel like a real SPAD pilot.
Now, let me introduce you to the shipping procedures.
*Shipment within Japan has been completed.
There have been a great number of SKYRAIDER's delivered to all of the Volks shops all over the country, so you can purchase them whenever you want, as many you want.
*About shipment to USA, Canada and South America
To customers who purchased their kits via Volks USA.
Shipment inside the USA, to Canada and Mexico started on October 20.
Shipment to any other countries besides these three countries will be performed via Volks International (Japan).
It will be home soon!!! Just a little bit more!!!
*About shipment to Europe and Australia
To customers who purchase their models via Volks International (Japan).
Products will be shipped directly from Japan. Shipment to our friend shops all over the world has also been successfully completed. To customers who have made their pre-orders at one of our friend shops, please follow the information from that shop.
Please note, that there are some shops that do not carry the SKYRAIDER yet. In this case, please contact Volks Japan, or Volks USA, directly.
We are also looking for more friend shops in other countries. Please contact us if you know any shops which might be interested in our SWS series.
The IPMS show in Telford is approaching!
Okay, now let me tell you about our participation in the IPMS show in Telford.
This show is a wonderful opportunity for our SWS Development Team to collect the necessary data on British airplanes. Now, what kind of aircraft will be developed next? Please look forward to the day when that information will be presented. The first British airplane we will introduce will be one which everyone desires.
Everyone who is thinking of purchasing any SWS models, please hurry to the Zoukei-Mura booth, because once we sell out of what we have brought, they will be sold out.
- Scheduled to be Brought to Telford
- * Finished Models: SWS SHINDEN, SWS Ta152, SWS SKYRAIDER
- * Prototype Models: SWS P-51D, and please look forward to some other extras, as well!
- 1/32 SWS Kits for Possible Sale
- * SHINDEN (We are sold out, but I am offering a few units from my personal collection.)
(preparing 12 units only) ......... Special Event Price: £60
- * Ta152H-1 (We are down to the last of our stock. We will bring all that we can.)
(preparing 15 units only) ......... Special Event Price: £75
- * SKYRAIDER
(preparing 20 units only) ......... Special Event Price: £100
- * Shinden Concept Note ......... Special Event Price: £25
- * Ta152H-1 Concept Note ......... Special Event Price: £25
- ※* In addition, we are also preparing different kinds of promotional pamphlets, kit assembly manuals, and charity button badges. However, quantities may be limited. Stock will be limited to whatever we have on hand.
The chance to see real SWS kits with your own eyes is approaching!!! We are waiting for you at the Zoukei-Mura booth.
Site of the IPMS show in Telford and thousands of hobby fans from all over Europe. We received a very passionate welcome in America. I wonder what the reaction in Europe will be?!
Map of Telford (Official website, URL):
We will begin accepting pre-orders for the SWS 1/32 P-51D Mustang!!!
The strongest fighter of WWII, the P-51D, will finally appear as a 1/32 scale SWS.
We will be accepting pre-orders starting from early next year! The pre-order period will be three months! Pre-orders will be accepted via our official websites, VOLKS shops or by phone order (in Japan only.) Pre-ordering will also be available in all of our friend shops, all over the world.
Moreover, shipping to any country is free to customers who make their pre-order during the period stated above.
This is a limited time offer. We would like to deliver this magnificent kit to as many SWS fans as possible. Don't miss this great opportunity to make your pre-order.
We will be giving more details, payment methods and other information in further advertisements from VOLKS etc.
So, you must all be wondering about the date when this marvellous kit will go on sale. We are now making detailed arrangements and deciding the exact schedule, but we are planning to release it next Spring.
We are now making last preparations to complete “Your Mustang”. So, everyone, please use this time to study the “actual P-51D” well. Then, when you receive and assemble it you will notice that without even realizing it, you are reviewing the actual P-51D when you assemble the kit.
I don't need a “simple model” anymore!
“A true scale model” is the one which reproduce the “actual airplane”! So, please, while assembling the kit pay special attention to its frame construction. Now close your eyes. Can you imagine its clear silhouette?
A figure set for the P-51D has also been successfully completed! This time they were produced by the company “Master Box”!
This is a scene of two pilots talking. One is listening and another is telling a story of being caught in a struggle for life or death with the enemy force while piloting the “strongest fighter”. It all looks so unbelievably real. This kind of fruitful collaboration of two companies widens the world of SWS.
Speaking of productivity and maintainability, I am taking off my hat to the high technological power of the American forces! The greatest pleasure of SWS is in comparing your model with the production manual of its prototype. These little craftsmen look like a part of you. So, once again, don't forget to check out the real P-51D while assembling your SWS kit!
SWS will be releasing 1/48 scale models soon!!
And what do you know; the first one on our list is the “SHINDEN”!!!
As you can see, this is a new model that can compete with the 1/32 scale. We put a lot of new ideas into our new 1/48 scale to bring you a completely new, dazzling model.
Please look forward to it!
I am proud to say, that we are entering the final stage of preparations for the official release of our 1/48 scale SHINDEN model (below). Please look forward to more information concerning the release schedule, item details, price, etc.
The shocking 1/48 scale!
We all know the 1/32 scale very well. Now, how about something new? Why don't you step into a “New Scale Model World” that coexists together with our own “Real World”.
We will continue to investigate “original aircrafts” and I am sure that this hobby will satisfy your curiosity.
The Old Man of Zoukei-mura
If you have any opinions, questions, or requests regarding the SWS, please don't hesitate to let us know.
- Archives -
- No.001 Ta152 episode 01 Passion for the Product Launch Process
- No.002 Ta152 episode 02 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- No.003 Ta152 episode 03 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- No.004 Ta152 episode 04 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- No.005 Ta152 episode 05 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- No.006 Ta152 episode 06 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- No.007 Ta152 episode 07 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- No.008 Ta152 episode 08 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- No.009 Ta152 episode 09 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- No.010 Ta152 episode 10 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- No.011 SKYRAIDER episode 01 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- No.012 SKYRAIDER episode 02 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- No.013 SKYRAIDER episode 03 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- No.014 SKYRAIDER episode 04 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- No.015 SKYRAIDER episode 05 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- No.016 SKYRAIDER episode 06 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- No.017 SKYRAIDER episode 07 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- No.018 SKYRAIDER episode 08 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- No.019 SKYRAIDER episode 09 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- No.020 SKYRAIDER episode 10 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- No.021 Extra episode 01 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- No.022 Extra episode 02 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- No.023 Extra episode 03 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- No.024 Extra episode 04 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- No.025 MUSTANG episode 01 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- No.026 MUSTANG episode 02 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- No.027 MUSTANG episode 03 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- No.028 MUSTANG episode 04 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- No.029 MUSTANG episode 05 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- No.030 MUSTANG episode 06 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- No.031 MUSTANG episode 07 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- No.032 MUSTANG episode 08 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- No.033 MUSTANG episode 09 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- No.034 MUSTANG episode 10 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- No.035 Extra episodeII 01 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- No.036 Extra episodeII 02 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- No.037 Extra episodeII 03 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- No.038 Uhu episode 01 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- No.039 Uhu episode 02 We went this year, as well!! The Nürnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- No.040 Uhu episode 03 Cockpit Assembly
- No.041 Uhu episode 04 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- No.042 Uhu episode 05 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- No.043 RIDEN episode 01 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- No.044 Extra episodeIII 01 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- No.045 Extra episodeIII 02 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- No.046 Extra episodeIII 03 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- No.047 Extra episodeIV IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- No.048 Extra episodeV Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- No.049 HORTEN episode 01 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- No.050 HORTEN episode 02 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- No.051 HORTEN episode 03 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- No.052 HORTEN episode 04 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- No.053 HORTEN episode 05 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- No.054 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.055 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.056 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.057 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- No.058 HORTEN episode 06 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- No.059 Extra episodeVII IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.060 HORTEN episode 07 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- No.061 HORTEN episode 08 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- No.062 HORTEN episode 09 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- No.063 HORTEN episode 10 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- No.064 Extra episodeVIII Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- No.069 Extra episodeIX We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- No.071 Extra episodeX The Old Man's meddling!!
- No.072 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.073 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.074 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- No.092 Happy New Year 2017!