SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
SWS Horten, developed putting the best effort and eventually released by Zoukei-Mura is finally yours!
How is it?
This kit represents what was the last card German Air Force was supposed to play.
According to the development concept the SWS has followed so far: from the structure to the mechanism, from the cockpit details to the engine, to every part of the landing gear, more detailed than this is probably impossible! We reproduced a unique kit containing all the charm of the overwhelming Horten, without leaving anything undone!
This kit reaches the extreme limits of a 1/32 scale model and you will not be able to admire it without shaking your modeler' soul.
Complete devotion is necessary for this work!
But SWS Horten will eventually become YOUR Horten.
"Finally I really saw it!"
This voice will be heard from the aircraft modelers of the world.
I wish that you, still looking at it, made it part of your collection; this is the revolution of scale models, SWS Horten kit!!
Probably the "mysterious wing" is already complete、staying cool on your table.
SWS Horten Kit, revealed from its development until its production. Moreover, interesting reviews from famous modelers; Zoukei-mura, with its proverbial carefulness, comments its Horten kit on the base a full dissection.
■Zoukei-mura Concept Note SWS No.VII Ho 229
Price: 2500 JPY (+fee)
Available from October 25, 2014
Click here to order via Volks Japan website → [ VOLKS Website Store ]
When you talk about an SWS kit, you should never forget the "SWS Concept Note" opportunely edited and released along the release of the SWS Series.
I think you already have one or 2 books among your precious documents; oh no, I guess there is also somebody who got all the Concept Notes, from Shinden, going through ta 152, Mustang, Skyraider, Uhu and Raiden.
My deepest gratitude to all the SWS Concept Note collectors in the world.
Thank you very much!!
Keep collecting our SWS kits and Concept Notes!!
This time too, for this Horten Concept Note we have made an abundant use of pictures and data of the actual machine, collected at the Smithsonian Museum, where we received full cooperation.
The thorough commentary starts from the development of the real machine.
The production review is signed by Zoukei-mura's member, Master Naoki Kobayashi, Radu-san from Ireland, Thomas-san from Germany, talented modelers who gave a detailed, fine and challenging review.
How about it??
3 people, 3 airplanes, 3 incredibly expert modelers have splendidly brought to life 3 awesome models.
These 3 experts have made the real beauty of the SWS kit come out, thanks to their skills and expressive power.
Zoukei-mura has spared no pain building this new Horten kit; this marvelous "mysterious wing", the Horten will be shown too you the best way possible, from complex, "dizzying" pipe-frame, to the oulsing heart of the Horten, the two Jumo engines.
Building the kit has been anyway simple, more than you could expect.
You will notice that too, so please don't be too much concerned.
I say this out of kindness, I have been able to assemble it in no time.
"But I would like to check the SWS Horten kit on the Concept Note first"
These people are more than welcome too.
Patiently, without hurry, slowly from East to West, you will see the true nature of Japanese Zoukei-mura, the new model-maker that produced the Horten.
Then, take yours too, no ceremony.
I'll be more than happy if you enjoy my same dream.
Look! Horten brought to life by Master Naoki Kobayashi!
He's the only SWS Master responsible for the complete kits, from SWS Shinden to the Horten. A legendary expert of the SWS kits. For this Horten too, from the test shot until the released version, he has already taken care of 6 kits.
Just like us who deal with kits development, he is one of fathers of our SWS kits.
Furthermore, the complete Horten made by Kobayashi–san is now exposed in Tokyo Akihabara, at the 8th floor of Radio Kaikan - Volks Hobby Square Akihabara, scale models corner showcase. If you pass by, absolutely take a look at it. It's really worth it.
In addition, we'll bring the Horten to the IPMS Telford (November 8th and 9th) and exhibit at Zoukei-mura's booth.
If you'll be there, don't miss it!!
* Whether it's green camouflage, or clear external parts, there's the touch of Kobayashi-san in both the complete versions. Such an extraordinary build will just leave you speechless.
Mr. Radu Brinzan from Ireland has also joined the troop!
As you can see, delicate and undaunted, the fantastic work by Radu-san reproduces the charm of Horten in every single aspect. We met Radu-san just at the IPMS Telford in England; since then, he's become our cooperator and gave so many ideas and support.
"I definitely want to write myself the Horten's review!"
I applaud this strong passion I can see from this fantastic Horten you built!!
Radu-san. He also came to Japan with his wife last year, grasping the whole beauty of this country. The complete kit you can see in these pictures will also be exposed at IPMS Telford (November 8th and 9th) at Radu-san's booth. Expect a breath-taking, awesome kit! You may also try to ask him about this build, his work and his art and other hard luck stories.
And then, from the Motherland of the Horten, Germany, Mr. Thomas Mayer!
A complete, fully commented, impressive Horten where you can see all his passion and his high-skills, and the "German feeling".
Look at this gray camouflage, isn't it something ingenious?
We actually met Thomas-san and his wife, Mrs. Heidi, at IPMS Telford; from then on, he has helped us so much for the development of German Planes. All the writings on the fuselage of the actual machines, meaning and pronunciation of hard-to-get German words and much more; the precious assistance given by Thomas-san has been also used in the production of the decals of SWS based on German Aircraft.
The finished kit by Thomas-san may be admired at several hobby-shows across Germany.
If you're living in Germany, try to search which event he is attending and praise his Horten.
He'll be happy to answer your questions. It'll be fun!
November 8th and 9th !
*Last year, Telford's Event.
This year too, Zoukei-mura will be at the IPMS Telford!!
"IPMS Telford" The modeler's fair.
Aircraft modelers from every corner of earth , the so-long awaited SWS 1/32 Horten will be available at the event! This is NEWS!
No need to say that the main attraction of this year at Zoukei-mura's booth will be this Horten and its featured release. You can really buy the plastic kit, this SWS Horten, orthodoxly and precisely realized, that will let you know the real nature of its maker, Zoukei-mura.
This is already a case!
You can also bluff your wife, she will never suspect it brother!
There's anyway just a limited quantity that we could bring here.
Zouke-mura couldn't help this, please forgive us.
The box is huge anyway!
And you, my friend, been looking for the Horten since its birth,
inadvertently falling in love with it.
You, you!! From now on the Horten will be next to you, no matter what!
Nothing wrong with it! First in the morning! Just as soon as the gate opens, then victory and defeat can be decided!
This is where a man must win!
Ah! At this age!
I'm 67 now and is it was the Horten, I'd be running away even though I7d be riding on a tank!
Please come early...no, please just hurry as much as you can to Zoukei-mura's booth!
"What? Plastic models are mass-produced, we can buy it anytime, take it easy!!"
People saying that and wandering around in the fair. Passed the opening day, the come the evening of the next day and say:
"Hey do you have it? What ? Already sold out??"
Well I'm kinda getting used to these unlucky people I see everytime!
Since we wouldn't like to hear those words again, this time we have prepared everything without accepting advanced reservations.
Cheers to you who can happily spend next Christmas with the 1/32 Horten! Fabulous!
Keep it up please!!
See you next time on The Old Man Blog again!
Take care'til then!
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
- Archives -
- No.001 Ta152 episode 01 Passion for the Product Launch Process
- No.002 Ta152 episode 02 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- No.003 Ta152 episode 03 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- No.004 Ta152 episode 04 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- No.005 Ta152 episode 05 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- No.006 Ta152 episode 06 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- No.007 Ta152 episode 07 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- No.008 Ta152 episode 08 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- No.009 Ta152 episode 09 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- No.010 Ta152 episode 10 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- No.011 SKYRAIDER episode 01 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- No.012 SKYRAIDER episode 02 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- No.013 SKYRAIDER episode 03 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- No.014 SKYRAIDER episode 04 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- No.015 SKYRAIDER episode 05 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- No.016 SKYRAIDER episode 06 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- No.017 SKYRAIDER episode 07 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- No.018 SKYRAIDER episode 08 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- No.019 SKYRAIDER episode 09 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- No.020 SKYRAIDER episode 10 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- No.021 Extra episode 01 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- No.022 Extra episode 02 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- No.023 Extra episode 03 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- No.024 Extra episode 04 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- No.025 MUSTANG episode 01 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- No.026 MUSTANG episode 02 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- No.027 MUSTANG episode 03 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- No.028 MUSTANG episode 04 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- No.029 MUSTANG episode 05 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- No.030 MUSTANG episode 06 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- No.031 MUSTANG episode 07 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- No.032 MUSTANG episode 08 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- No.033 MUSTANG episode 09 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- No.034 MUSTANG episode 10 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- No.035 Extra episodeII 01 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- No.036 Extra episodeII 02 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- No.037 Extra episodeII 03 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- No.038 Uhu episode 01 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- No.039 Uhu episode 02 We went this year, as well!! The Nürnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- No.040 Uhu episode 03 Cockpit Assembly
- No.041 Uhu episode 04 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- No.042 Uhu episode 05 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- No.043 RIDEN episode 01 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- No.044 Extra episodeIII 01 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- No.045 Extra episodeIII 02 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- No.046 Extra episodeIII 03 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- No.047 Extra episodeIV IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- No.048 Extra episodeV Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- No.049 HORTEN episode 01 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- No.050 HORTEN episode 02 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- No.051 HORTEN episode 03 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- No.052 HORTEN episode 04 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- No.053 HORTEN episode 05 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- No.054 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.055 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.056 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.057 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- No.058 HORTEN episode 06 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- No.059 Extra episodeVII IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.060 HORTEN episode 07 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- No.061 HORTEN episode 08 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- No.062 HORTEN episode 09 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- No.063 HORTEN episode 10 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- No.064 Extra episodeVIII Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- No.069 Extra episodeIX We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- No.071 Extra episodeX The Old Man's meddling!!
- No.072 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.073 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.074 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016