It's spring time! Hobby season has come!!
Hello to all the SWS fans and scale models fans!
It's spring time! Spring is the season to enjoy your hobby!!
Here in Kyoto, Japan days are finally getting hotter; "sakura" (cherry blossoms), the flowers that represent the heart of the Japanese people have already bloomed and gone and "tsutsuji" (azaleas) are changing color waiting to bloom too.
Soon eyes will be stricken by the view of "tsutsuji" and "satsuki" (both azaleas) coloring the streets of Kyoto. The happy season is here!
How's spring where you live?
Like every year, "sakura", the flowers that represent the heart of the Japanese people have bloomed out, showing all of their beauty here and there.
The Old Man's soliloquy on a spring night
It's been 60 years since I started collecting and building plastic models kits.
Including the SWS kits that we create at Zoukei-mura, I believe that building the plastic model kit of an airplane, no matter what company or what kit it is, gives you a "taste" of that kit. What do you think about that?
What is the "taste" of a kit?
Well, just as you may feel different feelings, "tastes", with food or music, you can enjoy the "prior", "present" and "later" taste of building and working on a plastic model kit.
The "prior" taste of a kit is when you live that long to come period from the kit development to its release, when you think of how the development is going, get the latest information, and get full of expectation. I think you know what I mean.
Preparing the development by studying the history and the documents of the real aircraft, thinking about the painting, considering upgrades and equipment, and then where to display your model once it's complete, or why not whether you may bring your kit to a modeling contest or not.
Determined like you don't fear even god, troubled like a young girl who chooses her clothes, that's how that crazy period tastes like.
That's why you keep reading again and again the same information on the advertisement page of a magazine.
Get ready, the next new SWS kit will be the 1/32 Ta 152 H-0.
What you've been waiting for! See the brave figure of the Ta 152 H-0 that challenged the large formation of B-24! This beautiful package art has come to life by the hands of Mr. Vincenzo Auletta.
And then the period going from the time you had prospected to get the kit you were interested in, to the moment you finally get it.
And that time when you went to the store and saw a nice kit on the shelf but you didn't have enough cash to buy it. So you remember that kit was there reserved! Yes, you remember that time, right?
I think that the mix of rage and sadness you feel when your favorite kit that you reserved was mistakenly sold to someone else is something that can be understood only by experience.
Oooh, where's my baby now
But that's how it goes, no use crying over spilt milk.
When I'm caught by that kind of feelings, I usually outburst my anger on my wife. I remember one or two old bad memories that doubled my bad luck and damages.
No, actually it's not enough, even if I keep moving hands and feet fingers!!
Same as you right? Yes it is! I'm sure it is!!
It's a dream when you are asleep, and an illusion when you are awake
..but what was that?
It's what makes your pillow wet in your restless nights. Right, brothers?
The "prior" taste actually resembles love to some extent. You have just nice and beautiful things running up and down inside your head.
"Aaaw that's hard. I can't bear it"
"What should I do to escape from this??? Tell me!!!」
The "prior" taste actually has some bitter feelings with it.
By the way, our next new SWS kit is the Ta 152 H-0!!
That is a "prior taste" too.
Ta 152 H-0
H-0 seen from the rear left part. It's still a mock-up but this shape has just been reproduced as it is in the kit.
Ta 152 H-0 seen from the top.
This shape will break into the hearts of Luftwaffe aircrafts fans!
Aren't these beautiful main wings and fuselage balance beautiful?
From H-1 to H-0.
The molds of the H-0 wings' under surface without the fuel tank equipped are reproduced in details.
Pay attention to the shape of the nose cowling.
According to our research, the reproduction of the heat radiation louver has been added to the new cast. A new mold for the H-0 has also been implemented to the fuselage cover.
The canopy has also been completely reproduced thanks to a new tooling.
The shapes of the bullet proof glass with electro-thermal heater and the mold of the cleaning liquid in the triangular side window are much closed to the real thing.
From the central section of the fuselage to the cockpit, and until the canopy, from tiny details to the overall structure, see what the SWS kit can reproduce!
We're going to do our best with painting too!!
Up to the nose.
Inside of the cowling and the fuselage cover, the charming Jumo 213 is calmly waiting to be turned on. You will be stricken by the power of the VS9 wooden propellers, built by Junkers.
Based on a long research conducted at the Smithsonian Museum! The charm of Ta 152 H-0 explored to its core! A more detail-rich SWS kit is about to come out!
More than the already available H-1, the H-0 has been equipped with as many elements as possible.
This is a subject for all you fans of German aircrafts. The Old Man is confident that you'll be amazed!!
Ta 152 H-0 Kit Special Feature (new mold and additional parts).
* Engine cowling, nose shape, propeller, wing mold, canopy, landing gear and others.
You will perfectly notice the difference between H-0 and H-1!
* Release: Scheduled for August
So, for you who have been so patient to read until here,
here's the information on the SWS development that you were waiting for!
Since it is SWS, Do 335 A-0 will be reproduced just like this!!
The hugest twin-engine aircraft of the Luftwaffe, equipped with two powerful DB 603 engines on the fuselage, back and forth.
The shape of the Do 335 kit is finally getting clearer.
Even in 1/32 scale, its full size is going to be 433mm (length), 431mm (width) and 156mm (height)!
People will be really overwhelmed with this amazing build!
According to the current estimation, there will be 341 parts!
With this kit too, you will be able to see the inner structure from the outer panels as well as the finished mechanisms thanks to the clear parts.
This kit is still going to take time to be completed. For now, enjoy the basic structure and the mock-up that I am going to introduce you.
This is a complete view of the latest mock-up of the Do 335.
The peculiarities of this aircraft, capable of incredible performances have all been wonderfully reproduced: the suspension system of the DB 603 engines installed on the back and front, the wings, the particular shape of the cockpit structure etc.
Traction and propulsion.
The propellers installed back and forth, extended axis and bearing axis. Then, look at the slightly different shape of the spinner. The fuel tank, the representation of the partition of every section, the storage of the wheels, everything is faithfully reproduced based on the real machine. As all the SWS kits, the assembly is going to be surprisingly funny and the final result incredibly beautiful. Look forward to it.
DB 603 engine, front and rear propellers, precisely reproduced engine suspension, and then all the DB 603 suspension system represented! It will be just like assembling the real machine.
The mold of the circular radiator, the assembly process; this is an invitation for you to a new scale model world.
Look at how perfectly reproduced the cockpit is!
The carved instrument panel, the control stick, the batteries, the ladder pedal, and all auxiliary equipment included in side panels: everything has been reproduced faithfully.
No need to say that the MG 151 machine gun, its attachment area of the magazine, and the sculpture of its partitions are also very interesting.
The solid landing gears reproduced in all their solidness!
From the struts' design, the attachment angle and the auxiliary equipment, to the style and the structure of the housing system, all been reproduced with this Do 335.
Of course, the design of the tires and wheels is also very beautiful.
How is it? With the Zoukei-mura SWS kits, I think that we have succeeded in challenging the reproduction of the real thing, haven't we?
As for your collection of Luftwaffe aircrafts, this Do 335 will surely have a strong impact with its great presence.
Anyway what you see in these few pictures is still a mock-up.
We are still working on this model to get a better shape and cleaner details in the kit.
It's still going to take time until the release.
As for your "prior taste" of scale models, please look forward to the completion of SWS Do 335.
From the SWS Kit Development Team of Zoukei-mura: "Regular Meeting" Announcement.
A must-see event for all the modelers at VOLKS Akihabara Hobby Paradise,
in Akihabara, Tokyo!
"Metalwork Lecture" to be held by our master finisher: Mr. Naoki Kobayashi!
On the same day, from Germany here comes: Mr. Alexander Glass.
Head of Uschi van der Rosten company, he will give you a unique chance to learn "how to attach wood grain decals"!
Don't miss this chance to come! And I will take some time to make my speech too.
- - Event day
May 23rd (Sat) from 1PM to 5PM
- - Event Location
VOLKS Akihabara Hobby Paradise 7th Floor Event Hall
Location Details (Japanese Site)
- - Lecture
"All about Metalwork" by Mr. Naoki Kobayashi
"All about Wood Grain Decals Attachment" by Mr. Alexander Glass
- - Free Admission
- - On the Event day, at our store;
1/32 Do 335 Mock-up Model Displayed
1/32 Ta 152 H-0 Finished Model Displayed
1/48 Ho 229 Horten Test Shot Displayed (scheduled)
1/32 Fw190 Package Art Displayed
We also schedule to display the instrument panel, control stick, sighting device and more equipment from the real Fw 190!
All items must be absolutely seen!!
Then, the day after:
On May 24th (Sun) at HOBBY ROUND 13, to be held at Tokyo Metropolitan Industrial Center, you will be able to see the same contents.
- - Event Name
HOBBY ROUND 13 Event Website (Japanese Site)
- - Event Day
May 24th (Sun) From 10AM to 4PM (Free Admission)
- - Event Location
Tokyo Metropolitan Industrial Center, Hamamatsu-cho Building 4th Floor
Official Website URL :http://www.sanbo.metro.tokyo.jp/
Finally the time to add a real jet fighter to the SWS kit family has come!
What is this surprising plane!??
Yes, it's my baby that I told you about in "The Old Man Blog" No.5!
Twin-engine, Double seat and
Well you got it right!! That's it!!
It will become a 1/48 SWS kit and breakout!!
This is gonna be epic!!
See you next time then!!
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
- Archives -
- No.001 Ta152 episode 01 Passion for the Product Launch Process
- No.002 Ta152 episode 02 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- No.003 Ta152 episode 03 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- No.004 Ta152 episode 04 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- No.005 Ta152 episode 05 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- No.006 Ta152 episode 06 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- No.007 Ta152 episode 07 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- No.008 Ta152 episode 08 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- No.009 Ta152 episode 09 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- No.010 Ta152 episode 10 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- No.011 SKYRAIDER episode 01 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- No.012 SKYRAIDER episode 02 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- No.013 SKYRAIDER episode 03 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- No.014 SKYRAIDER episode 04 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- No.015 SKYRAIDER episode 05 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- No.016 SKYRAIDER episode 06 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- No.017 SKYRAIDER episode 07 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- No.018 SKYRAIDER episode 08 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- No.019 SKYRAIDER episode 09 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- No.020 SKYRAIDER episode 10 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- No.021 Extra episode 01 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- No.022 Extra episode 02 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- No.023 Extra episode 03 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- No.024 Extra episode 04 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- No.025 MUSTANG episode 01 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- No.026 MUSTANG episode 02 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- No.027 MUSTANG episode 03 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- No.028 MUSTANG episode 04 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- No.029 MUSTANG episode 05 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- No.030 MUSTANG episode 06 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- No.031 MUSTANG episode 07 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- No.032 MUSTANG episode 08 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- No.033 MUSTANG episode 09 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- No.034 MUSTANG episode 10 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- No.035 Extra episodeII 01 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- No.036 Extra episodeII 02 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- No.037 Extra episodeII 03 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- No.038 Uhu episode 01 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- No.039 Uhu episode 02 We went this year, as well!! The Nürnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- No.040 Uhu episode 03 Cockpit Assembly
- No.041 Uhu episode 04 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- No.042 Uhu episode 05 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- No.043 RIDEN episode 01 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- No.044 Extra episodeIII 01 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- No.045 Extra episodeIII 02 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- No.046 Extra episodeIII 03 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- No.047 Extra episodeIV IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- No.048 Extra episodeV Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- No.049 HORTEN episode 01 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- No.050 HORTEN episode 02 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- No.051 HORTEN episode 03 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- No.052 HORTEN episode 04 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- No.053 HORTEN episode 05 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- No.054 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.055 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.056 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.057 Extra episodeVI IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- No.058 HORTEN episode 06 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- No.059 Extra episodeVII IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.060 HORTEN episode 07 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- No.061 HORTEN episode 08 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- No.062 HORTEN episode 09 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- No.063 HORTEN episode 10 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- No.064 Extra episodeVIII Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- No.069 Extra episodeIX We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- No.071 Extra episodeX The Old Man's meddling!!
- No.072 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- No.073 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- No.074 Extra episodeXI IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016