Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
I have received a great amount of letters from numerous SWS fans from all over the world, who have received their so desired and long-awaited SWS SKYRAIDERs.
These letters were full of cries of joy, like: “It was worth waiting!”, “Thank you for granting me such a wonderful time!’, “My dreams came true!” etc.
Their happiness seemed to fill me with happiness and pleasant feelings of gratification, too. Happiness and excitement appear to be contagious. Sharing these kinds of feelings makes my passion grow larger and larger and makes my burden of responsibility easier to carry.
I am so happy that you are pleased! It was worth all the trouble.
These kinds of responses support us (members of the SWS Development Team) more than anything else and fill us with power and inspiration.
“All right! Let's start working on the A-1E right now!” (Hold on a sec'!)
I cried with excitement. For one thing, there should be no problem with that, because I am holding the whole development process in my hands.
I can say what I want to say and continue going my way, full of inspiration and ideas for new SWS models lying before me. (Wait a minute...)
The AD-5 (A-1E) is one of the most popular types among numerous “SKYRAIDER” models. If you compare it with the A-1H model, you might first think that the only thing different is the cockpit, but if you pay close attention to it you will see that it is a completely different model. Also, if you speak of changing the kit, there is no doubt that all of the design work would have to be almost completely redone!
If you look at it from this angle, the SKYRAIDER could resemble a long boot. However, gathering information made me realise that it has a really glamorous body. If you look carefully, you will see that it consists of three smooth curved surfaces, forming a beautiful silhouette. And believe me, SWS is much more than just an ordinary "plastic model".
If you take a good look at the finished A-1H model, you will actually see the engine starting up, the propeller beginning to turn, the rudders and elevator moving...Oh...I am beginning to feel like a real SPAD pilot.
Now, let me introduce you to the shipping procedures.
*Shipment within Japan has been completed.
There have been a great number of SKYRAIDER's delivered to all of the Volks shops all over the country, so you can purchase them whenever you want, as many you want.
*About shipment to USA, Canada and South America
To customers who purchased their kits via Volks USA.
Shipment inside the USA, to Canada and Mexico started on October 20.
Shipment to any other countries besides these three countries will be performed via Volks International (Japan).
It will be home soon!!! Just a little bit more!!!
*About shipment to Europe and Australia
To customers who purchase their models via Volks International (Japan).
Products will be shipped directly from Japan. Shipment to our friend shops all over the world has also been successfully completed. To customers who have made their pre-orders at one of our friend shops, please follow the information from that shop.
Please note, that there are some shops that do not carry the SKYRAIDER yet. In this case, please contact Volks Japan, or Volks USA, directly.
We are also looking for more friend shops in other countries. Please contact us if you know any shops which might be interested in our SWS series.
The IPMS show in Telford is approaching!
Okay, now let me tell you about our participation in the IPMS show in Telford.
This show is a wonderful opportunity for our SWS Development Team to collect the necessary data on British airplanes. Now, what kind of aircraft will be developed next? Please look forward to the day when that information will be presented. The first British airplane we will introduce will be one which everyone desires.
Everyone who is thinking of purchasing any SWS models, please hurry to the Zoukei-Mura booth, because once we sell out of what we have brought, they will be sold out.
- Scheduled to be Brought to Telford
- * Finished Models: SWS SHINDEN, SWS Ta152, SWS SKYRAIDER
- * Prototype Models: SWS P-51D, and please look forward to some other extras, as well!
- 1/32 SWS Kits for Possible Sale
- * SHINDEN (We are sold out, but I am offering a few units from my personal collection.)
(preparing 12 units only) ......... Special Event Price: £60
- * Ta152H-1 (We are down to the last of our stock. We will bring all that we can.)
(preparing 15 units only) ......... Special Event Price: £75
- * SKYRAIDER
(preparing 20 units only) ......... Special Event Price: £100
- * Shinden Concept Note ......... Special Event Price: £25
- * Ta152H-1 Concept Note ......... Special Event Price: £25
- ※* In addition, we are also preparing different kinds of promotional pamphlets, kit assembly manuals, and charity button badges. However, quantities may be limited. Stock will be limited to whatever we have on hand.
The chance to see real SWS kits with your own eyes is approaching!!! We are waiting for you at the Zoukei-Mura booth.
Site of the IPMS show in Telford and thousands of hobby fans from all over Europe. We received a very passionate welcome in America. I wonder what the reaction in Europe will be?!
Map of Telford (Official website, URL):
We will begin accepting pre-orders for the SWS 1/32 P-51D Mustang!!!
The strongest fighter of WWII, the P-51D, will finally appear as a 1/32 scale SWS.
We will be accepting pre-orders starting from early next year! The pre-order period will be three months! Pre-orders will be accepted via our official websites, VOLKS shops or by phone order (in Japan only.) Pre-ordering will also be available in all of our friend shops, all over the world.
Moreover, shipping to any country is free to customers who make their pre-order during the period stated above.
This is a limited time offer. We would like to deliver this magnificent kit to as many SWS fans as possible. Don't miss this great opportunity to make your pre-order.
We will be giving more details, payment methods and other information in further advertisements from VOLKS etc.
So, you must all be wondering about the date when this marvellous kit will go on sale. We are now making detailed arrangements and deciding the exact schedule, but we are planning to release it next Spring.
We are now making last preparations to complete “Your Mustang”. So, everyone, please use this time to study the “actual P-51D” well. Then, when you receive and assemble it you will notice that without even realizing it, you are reviewing the actual P-51D when you assemble the kit.
I don't need a “simple model” anymore!
“A true scale model” is the one which reproduce the “actual airplane”! So, please, while assembling the kit pay special attention to its frame construction. Now close your eyes. Can you imagine its clear silhouette?
A figure set for the P-51D has also been successfully completed! This time they were produced by the company “Master Box”!
This is a scene of two pilots talking. One is listening and another is telling a story of being caught in a struggle for life or death with the enemy force while piloting the “strongest fighter”. It all looks so unbelievably real. This kind of fruitful collaboration of two companies widens the world of SWS.
Speaking of productivity and maintainability, I am taking off my hat to the high technological power of the American forces! The greatest pleasure of SWS is in comparing your model with the production manual of its prototype. These little craftsmen look like a part of you. So, once again, don't forget to check out the real P-51D while assembling your SWS kit!
SWS will be releasing 1/48 scale models soon!!
And what do you know; the first one on our list is the “SHINDEN”!!!
As you can see, this is a new model that can compete with the 1/32 scale. We put a lot of new ideas into our new 1/48 scale to bring you a completely new, dazzling model.
Please look forward to it!
I am proud to say, that we are entering the final stage of preparations for the official release of our 1/48 scale SHINDEN model (below). Please look forward to more information concerning the release schedule, item details, price, etc.
The shocking 1/48 scale!
We all know the 1/32 scale very well. Now, how about something new? Why don't you step into a “New Scale Model World” that coexists together with our own “Real World”.
We will continue to investigate “original aircrafts” and I am sure that this hobby will satisfy your curiosity.
The Old Man of Zoukei-mura
If you have any opinions, questions, or requests regarding the SWS, please don't hesitate to let us know.
- Archives -
- The Old Man Blog No.105Let’s Meet at SMW in Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.104We’re back from IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.103A Big Hello to All of My SWS Brothers!!
- The Old Man Blog No.102Welcome to the Zoukei-Mura Booth at IPMS Telford! Thank you for purchasing the 1/32 Toryu!!
- The Old Man Blog No.101We went to IPMS Phoenix!! Plus an Exciting Quiz: Guess the Next SWS Airplane!!
- The Old Man Blog No.100Have you got F-4J Marines?
- The Old Man Blog No.099The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
- The Old Man Blog No.098SWS Brothers from UK & Europe!! Thank you very much!!
- The Old Man Blog No.097The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!
- The Old Man Blog No.096We've been here!! Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.095 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 2)
- The Old Man Blog No.094 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 1)
- The Old Man Blog No.093 Already the beginning of summer?!! But while I was silent, the new release of the F-4S got closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.092 Happy New Year 2017!
- The Old Man Blog No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- The Old Man Blog No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- The Old Man Blog No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- The Old Man Blog No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- The Old Man Blog No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- The Old Man Blog No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- The Old Man Blog No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- The Old Man Blog No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- The Old Man Blog No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- The Old Man Blog No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- The Old Man Blog No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.074 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.073 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.072 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.071 The Old Man's meddling!!
- The Old Man Blog No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.069 We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- The Old Man Blog No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- The Old Man Blog No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- The Old Man Blog No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- The Old Man Blog No.064 Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- The Old Man Blog No.063 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- The Old Man Blog No.062 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- The Old Man Blog No.061 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- The Old Man Blog No.060 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- The Old Man Blog No.059 IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.058 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- The Old Man Blog No.057 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- The Old Man Blog No.056 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.055 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.054 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.053 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- The Old Man Blog No.052 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.051 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.050 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- The Old Man Blog No.049 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.048 Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- The Old Man Blog No.047 IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- The Old Man Blog No.046 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- The Old Man Blog No.045 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- The Old Man Blog No.044 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- The Old Man Blog No.043 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- The Old Man Blog No.042 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- The Old Man Blog No.041 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- The Old Man Blog No.040 Cockpit Assembly
- The Old Man Blog No.039 We went this year, as well!! The Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- The Old Man Blog No.038 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- The Old Man Blog No.037 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- The Old Man Blog No.036 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.035 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.034 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.033 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- The Old Man Blog No.032 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.031 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.030 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- The Old Man Blog No.029 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.028 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- The Old Man Blog No.027 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- The Old Man Blog No.026 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- The Old Man Blog No.025 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- The Old Man Blog No.024 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- The Old Man Blog No.023 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- The Old Man Blog No.022 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- The Old Man Blog No.021 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- The Old Man Blog No.020 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- The Old Man Blog No.019 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- The Old Man Blog No.018 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.017 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.016 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.015 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- The Old Man Blog No.014 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- The Old Man Blog No.013 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- The Old Man Blog No.012 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- The Old Man Blog No.011 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- The Old Man Blog No.010 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- The Old Man Blog No.009 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- The Old Man Blog No.008 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- The Old Man Blog No.007 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- The Old Man Blog No.006 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- The Old Man Blog No.005 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.004 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.003 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.002 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- The Old Man Blog No.001 Passion for the Product Launch Process