We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
Intense heat keeps going on here in the Japanese archipelago, but are the SWS fans all around the world doing alright?
This blog entry is a report of Zoukei-mura SWS Development Team's participation to the "IPMS Nationals in Ohio", the scale modelling convention held in Columbus, Ohio, United States.
The atmosphere of this passionate and beautiful 3 days-event held in the summer time, all for you at once.
Please enjoy it.
All at once! There will be only one entry!!
Hey, even if it's opening time
"Oh my god"!
Look at this! Modelers have already started to gather in front of other dealers' desks, but you can just see some tables in the Zoukei-mura booth! What the heck is wrong!!??
Well, due to a double-booking problem with the hall where Zoukei-mura is located, our booth set-up schedule has been delayed by 1 day, and the time we could dedicate to prepare our booth has been cut.
This picture has been taken on the opening day, in the morning. The team was all ready to start working but that was just the beginning of great confusion and embarrassment.
The ones who felt worse are the people who kindly came to Zoukei-mura booth.
I'm really sorry if we couldn't satisfy your expectation and we kept you waiting for half a day before you could make your purchases!
That was hard. We were so worried about our shipment from Japan but it arrived safely. Items for sale, finished kits, display stands and equipment, all packed in the wooden boxes and now ready for the set up. Hurry up! Keep going, Zoukei-mura!!
The work starts with putting the decorative clothes on the empty tables.
Different from the other booths where kit boxes are just piled up, the Zoukei-mura booth is made another way. We have dedicated tables for finished kits, then for display items, and also for the cashier. So there's a different cloth color for each use. Who decided this? Well, it was me. Me.
See this! The finished kits for display too are sent from Japan, so secure packing is needed. In order to show you as many kits as possible during the Ohio event, we brought a lot of them. Who decided this? Again, me.
After putting the clothes on the tables, finally we can start assembling the display stands for finished kits. This is a pretty hard job, but it's meant to let you enjoy the SWS finished kits! That's why our staff is pushing it hard!
The SWS finished kits have been taken out and now are "on hold" on the closest table. Since they've been packed up one by one to be sent via airplane, even if they are very detailed, a lot of scratches or broken parts need to be fixed, which is a quite serious work. After that, each figure is also waiting to be positioned.
Finally, the finished kits and display bases are done, and each aircraft is about to be displayed. From Kyoto, Japan, all the way to Columbus, Ohio, US, the SWS kits are all here for you at the IPMS venue!!
We also do not forget to place all the posters and show cards for information. If we fail here, there is nothing we can do. We also pay attention to the angle of display of the show cards and make them easy to read.
By the way, I can't see the old man
What's wrong with you?
Well. In this case, if I am here always talking, perhaps the set up progress will be slow down? There is some kind of interference.
Oh, the same staff who worked that hard here asked: "what don't going to the Wright-Patterson Museum?" This was kind moving for me!!
I'm so happy! Thank you for saying that!! Well done!!
I said above, I slow the team down
Well no, I'm just happy for this high-class special treatment.
Hey this is the real thing, the real "D9"!
? The propellers are?
This fascination is weird, but I can check everything here and there: the engine loaded by force and the tools for repairing the body etc.!!
"We'll definitely reproduce this with SWS".
It's maybe weird to see me turning around it. A group of elementary school students who were visiting the museum also took a picture of me.
"Hey hey I'm not a strange person!"
Just a little bit, it's just that I was thinking that this baby, D9, is very cute.
This guy standing in front of the Kawanishi is Zoukei-mura USA's member, John-san! This year too, my SWS brother came over from far-away Nevada. Thank you brother!!
Wooooow!! Good!!! This baby is here too! I want it!!
Someday we'll make a kit!!
Heyyyy! I want this baby too!!!
Someday we'll make a kit!!
Aaaa!! This baby is what I want!!
What!! This baby is looking just like an SWS!!
I want it!!
Da-da-da-da-----!! What a presence!!
C-130 too, definitely!!
Heeyy!! Who's this cool looking baby!!
This one too will be in SWS kit! Definitely!
Two excited friends taking an oath! Hey John-san, you shrewdly touched the machine!
This man has actually any pilot license, from small panes to helicopters. I'm so envious!!
These two old men really enjoyed this once-in-a-lifetime present.
Look at it! While I was not ther! "Zoukei-mura" booth is finally complete!!
Restraint, no, I can hear the applause for this top-class work. Finally we can welcome the customers. Sorry for the long wait!
The guy looking good with his red t-shirt is Brian, from VOLKS USA. He is also the one who answers your phone calls, so you might talk to him!!
And, in a moment, all these customers came to our booth!
The mountain of kits that we piled up is slowly getting lower.
Huge laughter thanks to John-san's nice American jokes!
He's so popular for putting a smile on customers' faces.
Here's the contest room. A lot of awesome finished kits are being carried in little by little.
Every kit that I see, I can feel the completeness and the depth of the passion for the model.
Hey!! Here's our SWS Skyraider!! It's here!
I'm happy! And it's been completed in such a beautiful way!
I don't know who made it but
Very good job!
And then, for the first time in America and at Zoukei-mura booth! 1/48 F-4's prototype exposed!!
Ok ok, here's what you waited for! And plenty of F-4 fans gathered here!! Still a prototype but you can already admire the precision and the beauty of this work.
This will actually get serious from now on. Look forward to it!!
We'll start with the J-type, and we're ready to make almost all the series!!
Look! Gary-san's booth right next to Zoukei-mura's!!
Yes! Apart from being a famous F-4 modeler, he's also the head of "GT Resin", famous extra parts maker.
"If this is just the prototype, this will be the best F-4 model ever!"
This is what he strongly stated!!
Gary-san actually cooperated with us for the SWS F-4's development. He could express all his happiness and expectations with one phrase, just by seeing the prototype.
We'll come out with an F-4 like you've never seen before!
As the customers get fewer, the generals can finally take a short break.
John-san and me. Japanese and English, hard to make a decent conversation between us, but we are SWS brothers. A world were we understand each other just by looking into our eyes.
Oooh! Dennis-san, the artist in charge of Phantom package-art also came here from far-away Colorado for us.
Following A-4, A-8 awesome package is currently under development.
We put effort for the SWS packages too! Look forward to this tone too!
And now, the specialty of Zoukei-mura booth, the raffle begins!
Every time plenty of SWS fans get together for the raffle, but this time the 200 questionnaires prepared to apply for the raffle were gone without even notice!
It's about time and smiling modelers are coming here from different places.
Thank you! Today I will make you the winner!
Carefully mixing again the applications that filled the box. These applications contain the names of the airplanes the modelers would love to see developed as SWS, as well as their requests.
It's a very important source of information. Thank you very much for applying.
I pick up and John-san announces in its native English the names of the winners. We wait for 3 seconds, and if no one answers we pick-up a next name. That's the rule we announced to follow so, eventually, we had plenty of modelers gathered altogether.
"The winner is Mr
.. XXX!! 3, 2, 1!!"
Not here? Next then! This is how we proceed.
Who knows why everyone seems to be excited when the winner is away!
You got it! You won!! Happy-looking modelers make me happy too!!
Winners keep coming out!! Everyone seems happy!
Hey, there was also a beautiful girl among the winners! And her price is the 1/32 Skyraider! She unintentionally made me happy too!
Other popular items in a row. Winners keep coming out.
Mustang, Horten, and the latest new i: the bright Ta 152 H-0 were generously given as presents!
Maybe you're the one who will win at the next IPMS.
This over-heated raffle is over too. For some reason, a circle of people in front of our booth keeps staying as they seem sad to go.
Times like this are pleasant! Leaving gets us really sad.
Hey! This is the same Rob-san that we met at the IPMS Florida, smiling us saying "thank you for this nice raffle!" I'm so happy for these words! I feel like I want to do even better for next time!
Every time this smiling "nice guy" aged modeler Mr. Salomon comes and meets us.
He's like "I'm actually a ship-modeler
" but SWS is an exception. And always buy a lot of stuff.
Nice aged-guy. Thank you!!
He also said to me: "next time, let's play golf together!" It made me happy but I'm famous to be trying to hit the ball and always missing it. Did you know that?
Hey! Here is Alex from the famous decals-maker Uschi Company! You came when I was not present at the booth!
Thank you for your demonstration in Tokyo.
We're looking forward to the next demonstration too!!
The IPMS event has lately come to an end. Thank you for buying almost all of the SWS items one sale.
There are now fewer customers, but few of them are still lingering and enjoying the show. Among them, I can see a married couple enjoying the kits exposed in our booth.
That's good. Keep always this good relationship. Thank you very much for understanding your husband's hobby.
This huge 3-days-turnout is over. It looks somehow sad to see the boxes gotten fewer.
Dissemble the finished kits, take down the shelves and then pack up, a work we're used to.
Packing in the wooden boxes all the items to be sent back to Japan, we leave the location of the IPMS Columbus which is already deepened in our memories.
Dear organizers, members and all the modelers who kindly came to the IPMS Columbus, thank you very much for this time.
We, Zoukei-mura, leave the venue with many memories and significant results.
I'm looking forward to seeing you again at the next IPMS.
Take care' til that day!
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
- Archives -
- The Old Man Blog No.106We Went to SMC in Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.105Let’s Meet at SMW in Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.104We’re back from IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.103A Big Hello to All of My SWS Brothers!!
- The Old Man Blog No.102Welcome to the Zoukei-Mura Booth at IPMS Telford! Thank you for purchasing the 1/32 Toryu!!
- The Old Man Blog No.101We went to IPMS Phoenix!! Plus an Exciting Quiz: Guess the Next SWS Airplane!!
- The Old Man Blog No.100Have you got F-4J Marines?
- The Old Man Blog No.099The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
- The Old Man Blog No.098SWS Brothers from UK & Europe!! Thank you very much!!
- The Old Man Blog No.097The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!
- The Old Man Blog No.096We've been here!! Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.095 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 2)
- The Old Man Blog No.094 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 1)
- The Old Man Blog No.093 Already the beginning of summer?!! But while I was silent, the new release of the F-4S got closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.092 Happy New Year 2017!
- The Old Man Blog No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- The Old Man Blog No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- The Old Man Blog No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- The Old Man Blog No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- The Old Man Blog No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- The Old Man Blog No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- The Old Man Blog No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- The Old Man Blog No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- The Old Man Blog No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- The Old Man Blog No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- The Old Man Blog No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.074 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.073 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.072 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.071 The Old Man's meddling!!
- The Old Man Blog No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.069 We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- The Old Man Blog No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- The Old Man Blog No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- The Old Man Blog No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- The Old Man Blog No.064 Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- The Old Man Blog No.063 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- The Old Man Blog No.062 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- The Old Man Blog No.061 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- The Old Man Blog No.060 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- The Old Man Blog No.059 IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.058 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- The Old Man Blog No.057 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- The Old Man Blog No.056 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.055 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.054 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.053 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- The Old Man Blog No.052 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.051 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.050 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- The Old Man Blog No.049 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.048 Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- The Old Man Blog No.047 IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- The Old Man Blog No.046 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- The Old Man Blog No.045 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- The Old Man Blog No.044 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- The Old Man Blog No.043 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- The Old Man Blog No.042 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- The Old Man Blog No.041 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- The Old Man Blog No.040 Cockpit Assembly
- The Old Man Blog No.039 We went this year, as well!! The Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- The Old Man Blog No.038 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- The Old Man Blog No.037 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- The Old Man Blog No.036 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.035 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.034 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.033 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- The Old Man Blog No.032 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.031 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.030 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- The Old Man Blog No.029 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.028 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- The Old Man Blog No.027 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- The Old Man Blog No.026 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- The Old Man Blog No.025 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- The Old Man Blog No.024 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- The Old Man Blog No.023 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- The Old Man Blog No.022 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- The Old Man Blog No.021 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- The Old Man Blog No.020 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- The Old Man Blog No.019 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- The Old Man Blog No.018 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.017 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.016 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.015 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- The Old Man Blog No.014 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- The Old Man Blog No.013 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- The Old Man Blog No.012 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- The Old Man Blog No.011 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- The Old Man Blog No.010 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- The Old Man Blog No.009 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- The Old Man Blog No.008 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- The Old Man Blog No.007 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- The Old Man Blog No.006 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- The Old Man Blog No.005 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.004 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.003 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.002 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- The Old Man Blog No.001 Passion for the Product Launch Process