- - Contents -
- * It was a great success! Thank you for coming to VOLKS Joint Festival!
- * The first test shot of SWS Ho229 is finally getting here!!
It was a great success!
Thank you very much for coming to VOLKS Joint Festival.
It's so cold everyday here in Japan, located in the Northern Hemisphere. But how are you doing?
We have got the New Year 2014 started in peace.
I am very happy that you visit my blog site again this year.
"Your dream is my dream". I'd like to innovate the world of scale model with you all thorough SWS kit and the other products.
Thank you very much for your continued support to Zoukei-mura and SWS kit this year.
As I announced on this blog in the end of last year, we held "VOLKS Joint Festival" in commemoration of the 40th anniversary of VOLKS at Tokyo Big Sight. Here is a report on the event.
It was a one-day event, so time was really limited, but we were surprised that so many people joined in. It became a big and fun event, and successfully completed without incident.
I appreciate very much your participation.
On behalf of VOLKS Group, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Saturday December 21, 2013
We are finally leaving for Tokyo! For Joint Festival! Large-sized buses are going in line on the Tomei Expressway for 8 hours!! Volks Staffs are departing from the Kyoto head office.
They have much energy! Cheer up Volks!!
The members of "Virginal Art" who produces Volks original resin kit are on this bus.
They usually work in manufacturing sector, but today they are departing in order to hold an event!
They are young and full of energy!! Cheer up Virginal!!
Sunday December 22 at 0 a.m.
This is the East Hall of the Japan's biggest Convention Center, Tokyo Big Sight. On this huge space, Volks 40th anniversary event is about to take place.
As you can see on these photos, Volks staff members did everything from its planning, preparation, to operation.
At 2 a.m.
They already begin preparation before dawn.
You know, it is 400 km from Kyoto to this site in Tokyo!
We bring in as much cargo as five 10-ton trucks for this event.
There is already a long waiting line around the site. It will open soon, everyone!
Look! How huge! Volks staffs who are working hard look like small dolls.
It is several hours before we welcome our guests. I still cannot believe this will be a site which leaves its mark on hobby history.
Volks original finished products are being placed on the tables one after another. There are old monsters, figures, latest mecha models etc. They are all colorful with a wide variety of products. You may have some in your collection, haven't you?
Our staffs are busy preparing booths.
Volks regularly hold events at Tokyo Big Sight twice a year, but it is first time to hold 4 hobby category events (Dolls, Scale Models…) altogether.
What is this huge booth covered with white cloth?
This is the place where the Volks doll owners will challenge that World Records.
How many dolls can make a line holding hands? I can't wait!!
OHH!! A big signboard is being set up! I'm getting excited!
I regret that this event will end today.
Volks showroom came to this site as a one-day shop.
Its selection of goods and the prices are special for today only.
At any rate, hobby is fun!
This is the exhibit room called "Memorial Museum" where you can see Volks 40 year history.
From among our huge collection of Figures, Monsters, Army and Air Force Scale Models, Dolls, and Train Models, representative products are selected and displayed.
All the preparations are complete for the Memorial Museum where Volks original products for 40 years are displayed altogether.
We will keep trying to innovate the world of hobby!!
What is this colorful board? We put all the Volks News we have sent to our customers.
We produced them, but we are surprised to see that they contains such a variety of information!
This is a venue for the World Record Challenge. We will try to set a new record for "the longest line of dolls". There are well over 3000 loved dolls gathered from all over Japan!
The dolls are going to challenge the record holding each other's hands!
How about this overwhelming sight!
Many dolls we sent to our customers gather here today in order to make the longest line in the world. You are all brothers and sisters! You can do it!
Wow! This is a huge railway layout created by our staffs. Its theme is four seasons. It recreates Japan's beautiful sceneries on HO scale and N gauge scale.
In the work place in Kyoto, people were surprised to see how huge it was, but it looks so small in this site!?
This is "Spring" scene. You see? The Volks head office is recreated in details.
Huge hobby shop "Volks Osaka Hobby Square" which owns a building and its total store floor area is 3300 square feet is also beautifully recreated. In this layout, you can find the other Volks offices and stores located in all over Japan. Which Volks do you know?
This is a resting place for our guests. There are a lot of tables and chairs for them to relax and enjoy the event all day to the full.
This place will be packed with the guests! I can almost see that.
Preparation for each display progresses steadily. This is a display for the large-sized doll Super Dollfie®. Dolls Parties are well known, being held twice a year at Tokyo Big Sight.
This time, the Dolls Party marks its 30th anniversary, so it will be more satisfying doll-event.
This is a special event space for Hobby Outlet.
We will offer best buys at special discount rate today.
There are a variety of Planes, AFV, Gundam Plastic Models, Battleship Models, Tools and Colors all are sold at anniversary-sale price.
There are a lot of things I want to buy!!
The preparations continue.
There are enormous kinds of products to be displayed at the Memorial Museum, from small Figures, Mecha Model, Dolls to Scale Models.
Once they are put on the tables like this, and will be assembled and displayed.
There are already a lot of guests!!
I can hear the chatter of happy people here and there. The event continues throughout the day! Please enjoy every minute of it!
Welcome to Joint Festival from all over Japan!
The site is full of over 10,000 guests who come from Hokkaido in the north to Kyushu and Okinawa in the south. Among them there were people who come from Taiwan, Korea, China, Singapore, Germany, Russia, the United States, Australia, Thailand, and from Oman in the Middle East. Thank you very much for coming all the way!!
In this huge space, over 350 people open "individual booth"!
They are bursting with ideas, and put a lot of love into making their own goods. I am glad to see the booth crammed with these goods.
Many people come here to buy these goods from all over Japan.
What are they doing here?
Yes, this is a workshop for assembly of Volks original figure "Charagumin".
You can complete a cute figure by assembling colored resin parts! It looks like they are having fun!!
This is a workshop for "Air Brush".
You can see how to choose a brush, prepare color and how to spray it. It's easy to grasp the techniques when you see them with your own eyes.
They look so serious!
You must know this!
This is to make an announcement of the award winners of Volks original-"VLOCKer's" contest.
The wonderful VLOCKer's works selected from among applicants throughout Japan have been competing! It sure deserves attention!
Of course, Dolls Party is held together!
It marks the 30th anniversary.
I can feast my eyes on this beautiful Volks doll.
Oh-oh, this is "Old man's candy store" which is popular in Volks events.
Suddenly, I am appearing with a candy wagon and hand out sweet treat for free to anybody. This is unexpectedly quite popular among the guests!!
Wow! Here is such a fashionable booth that offers lunch!
This is remodeled car of an old Volkswagen microbus. It smells so good!
We did it!! We set a new world record for the longest line of the dolls!
Furthermore, all the dolls who participated in the challenge are Volks dolls! This is a prodigious feat!
Congratulations to all the participants who came from all over Japan! And Thank you!
Here, the "Full Metal Uhu" assembled by the divine modeler, Mr. Kobayashi, is ready for a special auction.
You want to know the results?
Thank you very much. A modeler makes a bit for it at 300,000 JPY!!
"Bingo Game" finally starts! Gorgeous prizes are offered to the winners! The venue is filled with excitement with every one's raised expectations!!
We had a lot of fun, but the event is about to be over.
I made a speech on the stage to express my gratitude to the guests. Thank you for a grand applause.
We, Volks group, will launch full-scale efforts to achieve our goal
"to make customers happy thorough the hobby world!".
I appreciate your continued support for the Volks group.
The one-day anniversary event ends in silence.
- And our next events are:
- * Saturday January 25, Sunday January 26 ---------- Volks Kyoto Hobby Square Thanks Festa 5
- * Sunday March 9 ---------------------------------- Hometown Dolls Party Kyoto 10
- * Sunday April 20 --------------------------------- Hobby Round 11
- * Monday/Japanese Holiday May 5 ------------------- Dolls Party 31
- And so on. We will hold a lot of fun events!
Please come and join in Volks events with your friends!
Thank you very much for coming. Volks celebrates its 40th year in business.
We held the Joint Festival with all our might. Did you enjoy it?
I'm afraid there might be some inconveniences, but please forgive us out of consideration for our passion!
We appreciate your continued support for Volks!
160 staffs that were selected from the Volks group managed the Joint Festival.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the next event!
Until that day,
"Good-bye! Please take care!"
Volks Group Staffs
The first test shot of SWS Ho229 is finally getting here!!
Now, the soul of the gifted Horten brothers revives!
Finally, the time has come for you to add the Luftwaffe Monster Bird to your aircraft collection!
Now, return to the origins of the Scale Models!
We, Zoukei-mura, put our modeler-spirit into the plastic model kit.
This 1/32 Horten kit is the next SWS new item.
The SWS Horten kit is the ultimate plastic aircraft kit developed with the spirit and all the techniques of Zoukei-mura Development Team.
It's not a simple model kit that has been developed to be assembled. It is a kit that you can feel like you are recreating a real aircraft while assembling it.
Furthermore, you can learn the aircraft's usefulness, structures, mechanism and even the reason why it is organically constructed.
And, in the process of creating the kit, you can actually see why and when this aircraft was developed.
The goal of the development of the SWS Horten kit was set to faithfully return to the origins of Scale Model. Then, the development did start.
We want a Horten like a real aircraft!!
And one day, the long-waited first test shot of SWS Ho229 is finally getting here.
We opened the box with shaky hands, and inside it!!
Right, at first, a bunch of airframe's parts from the test shot!
We remember the days we repeatedly tested them.
We checked each part in a hurry, and a test assembly of each part was conducted by team members in somber atmosphere.
"Unexpectedly, it's a compact airframe! But, the design was done by a genius for sure."
A member says to himself.
As you can see in these pictures, the accuracy of this first test shot was acceptable.
It is a moment we recall everything; it started by gathering information at Smithsonian Museum, in the USA, then, we analyzed the structure of the aircraft, recreated the parts, depicted its mechanism, and had hard moments during this so long period when we faithfully transposed everything in the molding design.
We have come this far finally!
It seems that something like a relief heals our hearts.
But we cannot relax yet! The real production process of the plastic model is just starting from now!
We cannot relax our attention here. Towards the final finish, we must reflect this delicate workmanship in the metal molds. As a matter of fact, from now, we start to work on a bunch of difficult tasks.
As for the details of this first test shot, I will make a report on the next blog.
Please do look forward to that!
It's so advanced! It's beyond common sense! This cutting-edge design of the Horten might drop a hint of the future military aircraft!
No, it did predict the trend of future!
Through SWS development method, we recreate this unique aircraft as a kit. As we returned to the origins of the Scale Models, we make this ultimate kit!
Please look forward to it!
A series of photos will reveal the details of
SWS 1/32 Horten kit on the next blog soon!!
The last resort of Luftwaffe "Ho229 Horten"
For Luftwaffe fans, I strongly recommend that you should buy this SWS Horten.
It will win your heart!
Please take care of yourself until the day of its release!
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
Luftwaffe Heavy Fighter 1/32 Do335 is also diligently under development in order to make one of the best SWS kits!!
This will be a breathtaking kit too!! Look forward to it!!
PS. What is the relationship among the 3 companies, Volks, Zoukei-mura, and Virginal Art?
Zoukei-mura Inc. was originally established and run as a factory branch to produce the master samples of the original items for production planned by the Hobby sales company, Volks Inc.
Recently Zoukei-mura Inc. has started developing and selling its original items like the SWS kit, SRS (HO-scale train models), etc.
And Virginal Art is a company for manufacturing all these items.
It means that these three companies in the Volks group are mutually related, capitalizing on one another's strength from planning to manufacturing, sales and after service.
We are looking forward to your continued supports.
- Archives -
- The Old Man Blog No.106We Went to SMC in Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.105Let’s Meet at SMW in Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.104We’re back from IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.103A Big Hello to All of My SWS Brothers!!
- The Old Man Blog No.102Welcome to the Zoukei-Mura Booth at IPMS Telford! Thank you for purchasing the 1/32 Toryu!!
- The Old Man Blog No.101We went to IPMS Phoenix!! Plus an Exciting Quiz: Guess the Next SWS Airplane!!
- The Old Man Blog No.100Have you got F-4J Marines?
- The Old Man Blog No.099The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
- The Old Man Blog No.098SWS Brothers from UK & Europe!! Thank you very much!!
- The Old Man Blog No.097The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!
- The Old Man Blog No.096We've been here!! Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.095 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 2)
- The Old Man Blog No.094 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 1)
- The Old Man Blog No.093 Already the beginning of summer?!! But while I was silent, the new release of the F-4S got closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.092 Happy New Year 2017!
- The Old Man Blog No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- The Old Man Blog No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- The Old Man Blog No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- The Old Man Blog No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- The Old Man Blog No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- The Old Man Blog No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- The Old Man Blog No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- The Old Man Blog No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- The Old Man Blog No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- The Old Man Blog No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- The Old Man Blog No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.074 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.073 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.072 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.071 The Old Man's meddling!!
- The Old Man Blog No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.069 We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- The Old Man Blog No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- The Old Man Blog No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- The Old Man Blog No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- The Old Man Blog No.064 Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- The Old Man Blog No.063 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- The Old Man Blog No.062 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- The Old Man Blog No.061 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- The Old Man Blog No.060 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- The Old Man Blog No.059 IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.058 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- The Old Man Blog No.057 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- The Old Man Blog No.056 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.055 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.054 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.053 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- The Old Man Blog No.052 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.051 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.050 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- The Old Man Blog No.049 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.048 Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- The Old Man Blog No.047 IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- The Old Man Blog No.046 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- The Old Man Blog No.045 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- The Old Man Blog No.044 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- The Old Man Blog No.043 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- The Old Man Blog No.042 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- The Old Man Blog No.041 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- The Old Man Blog No.040 Cockpit Assembly
- The Old Man Blog No.039 We went this year, as well!! The Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- The Old Man Blog No.038 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- The Old Man Blog No.037 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- The Old Man Blog No.036 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.035 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.034 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.033 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- The Old Man Blog No.032 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.031 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.030 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- The Old Man Blog No.029 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.028 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- The Old Man Blog No.027 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- The Old Man Blog No.026 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- The Old Man Blog No.025 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- The Old Man Blog No.024 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- The Old Man Blog No.023 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- The Old Man Blog No.022 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- The Old Man Blog No.021 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- The Old Man Blog No.020 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- The Old Man Blog No.019 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- The Old Man Blog No.018 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.017 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.016 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.015 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- The Old Man Blog No.014 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- The Old Man Blog No.013 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- The Old Man Blog No.012 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- The Old Man Blog No.011 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- The Old Man Blog No.010 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- The Old Man Blog No.009 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- The Old Man Blog No.008 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- The Old Man Blog No.007 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- The Old Man Blog No.006 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- The Old Man Blog No.005 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.004 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.003 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.002 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- The Old Man Blog No.001 Passion for the Product Launch Process