It's spring time! Hobby season has come!!
Hello to all the SWS fans and scale models fans!
It's spring time! Spring is the season to enjoy your hobby!!
Here in Kyoto, Japan days are finally getting hotter; "sakura" (cherry blossoms), the flowers that represent the heart of the Japanese people have already bloomed and gone and "tsutsuji" (azaleas) are changing color waiting to bloom too.
Soon eyes will be stricken by the view of "tsutsuji" and "satsuki" (both azaleas) coloring the streets of Kyoto. The happy season is here!
How's spring where you live?
Like every year, "sakura", the flowers that represent the heart of the Japanese people have bloomed out, showing all of their beauty here and there.
The Old Man's soliloquy on a spring night
It's been 60 years since I started collecting and building plastic models kits.
Including the SWS kits that we create at Zoukei-mura, I believe that building the plastic model kit of an airplane, no matter what company or what kit it is, gives you a "taste" of that kit. What do you think about that?
What is the "taste" of a kit?
Well, just as you may feel different feelings, "tastes", with food or music, you can enjoy the "prior", "present" and "later" taste of building and working on a plastic model kit.
The "prior" taste of a kit is when you live that long to come period from the kit development to its release, when you think of how the development is going, get the latest information, and get full of expectation. I think you know what I mean.
Preparing the development by studying the history and the documents of the real aircraft, thinking about the painting, considering upgrades and equipment, and then where to display your model once it's complete, or why not whether you may bring your kit to a modeling contest or not.
Determined like you don't fear even god, troubled like a young girl who chooses her clothes, that's how that crazy period tastes like.
That's why you keep reading again and again the same information on the advertisement page of a magazine.
Get ready, the next new SWS kit will be the 1/32 Ta 152 H-0.
What you've been waiting for! See the brave figure of the Ta 152 H-0 that challenged the large formation of B-24! This beautiful package art has come to life by the hands of Mr. Vincenzo Auletta.
And then the period going from the time you had prospected to get the kit you were interested in, to the moment you finally get it.
And that time when you went to the store and saw a nice kit on the shelf but you didn't have enough cash to buy it. So you remember that kit was there reserved! Yes, you remember that time, right?
I think that the mix of rage and sadness you feel when your favorite kit that you reserved was mistakenly sold to someone else is something that can be understood only by experience.
Oooh, where's my baby now
But that's how it goes, no use crying over spilt milk.
When I'm caught by that kind of feelings, I usually outburst my anger on my wife. I remember one or two old bad memories that doubled my bad luck and damages.
No, actually it's not enough, even if I keep moving hands and feet fingers!!
Same as you right? Yes it is! I'm sure it is!!
It's a dream when you are asleep, and an illusion when you are awake
..but what was that?
It's what makes your pillow wet in your restless nights. Right, brothers?
The "prior" taste actually resembles love to some extent. You have just nice and beautiful things running up and down inside your head.
"Aaaw that's hard. I can't bear it"
"What should I do to escape from this??? Tell me!!!」
The "prior" taste actually has some bitter feelings with it.
By the way, our next new SWS kit is the Ta 152 H-0!!
That is a "prior taste" too.
Ta 152 H-0
H-0 seen from the rear left part. It's still a mock-up but this shape has just been reproduced as it is in the kit.
Ta 152 H-0 seen from the top.
This shape will break into the hearts of Luftwaffe aircrafts fans!
Aren't these beautiful main wings and fuselage balance beautiful?
From H-1 to H-0.
The molds of the H-0 wings' under surface without the fuel tank equipped are reproduced in details.
Pay attention to the shape of the nose cowling.
According to our research, the reproduction of the heat radiation louver has been added to the new cast. A new mold for the H-0 has also been implemented to the fuselage cover.
The canopy has also been completely reproduced thanks to a new tooling.
The shapes of the bullet proof glass with electro-thermal heater and the mold of the cleaning liquid in the triangular side window are much closed to the real thing.
From the central section of the fuselage to the cockpit, and until the canopy, from tiny details to the overall structure, see what the SWS kit can reproduce!
We're going to do our best with painting too!!
Up to the nose.
Inside of the cowling and the fuselage cover, the charming Jumo 213 is calmly waiting to be turned on. You will be stricken by the power of the VS9 wooden propellers, built by Junkers.
Based on a long research conducted at the Smithsonian Museum! The charm of Ta 152 H-0 explored to its core! A more detail-rich SWS kit is about to come out!
More than the already available H-1, the H-0 has been equipped with as many elements as possible.
This is a subject for all you fans of German aircrafts. The Old Man is confident that you'll be amazed!!
Ta 152 H-0 Kit Special Feature (new mold and additional parts).
* Engine cowling, nose shape, propeller, wing mold, canopy, landing gear and others.
You will perfectly notice the difference between H-0 and H-1!
* Release: Scheduled for August
So, for you who have been so patient to read until here,
here's the information on the SWS development that you were waiting for!
Since it is SWS, Do 335 A-0 will be reproduced just like this!!
The hugest twin-engine aircraft of the Luftwaffe, equipped with two powerful DB 603 engines on the fuselage, back and forth.
The shape of the Do 335 kit is finally getting clearer.
Even in 1/32 scale, its full size is going to be 433mm (length), 431mm (width) and 156mm (height)!
People will be really overwhelmed with this amazing build!
According to the current estimation, there will be 341 parts!
With this kit too, you will be able to see the inner structure from the outer panels as well as the finished mechanisms thanks to the clear parts.
This kit is still going to take time to be completed. For now, enjoy the basic structure and the mock-up that I am going to introduce you.
This is a complete view of the latest mock-up of the Do 335.
The peculiarities of this aircraft, capable of incredible performances have all been wonderfully reproduced: the suspension system of the DB 603 engines installed on the back and front, the wings, the particular shape of the cockpit structure etc.
Traction and propulsion.
The propellers installed back and forth, extended axis and bearing axis. Then, look at the slightly different shape of the spinner. The fuel tank, the representation of the partition of every section, the storage of the wheels, everything is faithfully reproduced based on the real machine. As all the SWS kits, the assembly is going to be surprisingly funny and the final result incredibly beautiful. Look forward to it.
DB 603 engine, front and rear propellers, precisely reproduced engine suspension, and then all the DB 603 suspension system represented! It will be just like assembling the real machine.
The mold of the circular radiator, the assembly process; this is an invitation for you to a new scale model world.
Look at how perfectly reproduced the cockpit is!
The carved instrument panel, the control stick, the batteries, the ladder pedal, and all auxiliary equipment included in side panels: everything has been reproduced faithfully.
No need to say that the MG 151 machine gun, its attachment area of the magazine, and the sculpture of its partitions are also very interesting.
The solid landing gears reproduced in all their solidness!
From the struts' design, the attachment angle and the auxiliary equipment, to the style and the structure of the housing system, all been reproduced with this Do 335.
Of course, the design of the tires and wheels is also very beautiful.
How is it? With the Zoukei-mura SWS kits, I think that we have succeeded in challenging the reproduction of the real thing, haven't we?
As for your collection of Luftwaffe aircrafts, this Do 335 will surely have a strong impact with its great presence.
Anyway what you see in these few pictures is still a mock-up.
We are still working on this model to get a better shape and cleaner details in the kit.
It's still going to take time until the release.
As for your "prior taste" of scale models, please look forward to the completion of SWS Do 335.
From the SWS Kit Development Team of Zoukei-mura: "Regular Meeting" Announcement.
A must-see event for all the modelers at VOLKS Akihabara Hobby Paradise,
in Akihabara, Tokyo!
"Metalwork Lecture" to be held by our master finisher: Mr. Naoki Kobayashi!
On the same day, from Germany here comes: Mr. Alexander Glass.
Head of Uschi van der Rosten company, he will give you a unique chance to learn "how to attach wood grain decals"!
Don't miss this chance to come! And I will take some time to make my speech too.
- - Event day
May 23rd (Sat) from 1PM to 5PM
- - Event Location
VOLKS Akihabara Hobby Paradise 7th Floor Event Hall
Location Details (Japanese Site)
- - Lecture
"All about Metalwork" by Mr. Naoki Kobayashi
"All about Wood Grain Decals Attachment" by Mr. Alexander Glass
- - Free Admission
- - On the Event day, at our store;
1/32 Do 335 Mock-up Model Displayed
1/32 Ta 152 H-0 Finished Model Displayed
1/48 Ho 229 Horten Test Shot Displayed (scheduled)
1/32 Fw190 Package Art Displayed
We also schedule to display the instrument panel, control stick, sighting device and more equipment from the real Fw 190!
All items must be absolutely seen!!
Then, the day after:
On May 24th (Sun) at HOBBY ROUND 13, to be held at Tokyo Metropolitan Industrial Center, you will be able to see the same contents.
- - Event Name
HOBBY ROUND 13 Event Website (Japanese Site)
- - Event Day
May 24th (Sun) From 10AM to 4PM (Free Admission)
- - Event Location
Tokyo Metropolitan Industrial Center, Hamamatsu-cho Building 4th Floor
Official Website URL :http://www.sanbo.metro.tokyo.jp/
Finally the time to add a real jet fighter to the SWS kit family has come!
What is this surprising plane!??
Yes, it's my baby that I told you about in "The Old Man Blog" No.5!
Twin-engine, Double seat and
Well you got it right!! That's it!!
It will become a 1/48 SWS kit and breakout!!
This is gonna be epic!!
See you next time then!!
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
- Archives -
- The Old Man Blog No.105Let’s Meet at SMW in Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.104We’re back from IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.103A Big Hello to All of My SWS Brothers!!
- The Old Man Blog No.102Welcome to the Zoukei-Mura Booth at IPMS Telford! Thank you for purchasing the 1/32 Toryu!!
- The Old Man Blog No.101We went to IPMS Phoenix!! Plus an Exciting Quiz: Guess the Next SWS Airplane!!
- The Old Man Blog No.100Have you got F-4J Marines?
- The Old Man Blog No.099The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
- The Old Man Blog No.098SWS Brothers from UK & Europe!! Thank you very much!!
- The Old Man Blog No.097The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!
- The Old Man Blog No.096We've been here!! Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.095 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 2)
- The Old Man Blog No.094 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 1)
- The Old Man Blog No.093 Already the beginning of summer?!! But while I was silent, the new release of the F-4S got closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.092 Happy New Year 2017!
- The Old Man Blog No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- The Old Man Blog No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- The Old Man Blog No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- The Old Man Blog No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- The Old Man Blog No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- The Old Man Blog No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- The Old Man Blog No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- The Old Man Blog No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- The Old Man Blog No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- The Old Man Blog No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- The Old Man Blog No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.074 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.073 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.072 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.071 The Old Man's meddling!!
- The Old Man Blog No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.069 We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- The Old Man Blog No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- The Old Man Blog No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- The Old Man Blog No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- The Old Man Blog No.064 Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- The Old Man Blog No.063 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- The Old Man Blog No.062 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- The Old Man Blog No.061 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- The Old Man Blog No.060 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- The Old Man Blog No.059 IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.058 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- The Old Man Blog No.057 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- The Old Man Blog No.056 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.055 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.054 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.053 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- The Old Man Blog No.052 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.051 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.050 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- The Old Man Blog No.049 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.048 Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- The Old Man Blog No.047 IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- The Old Man Blog No.046 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- The Old Man Blog No.045 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- The Old Man Blog No.044 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- The Old Man Blog No.043 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- The Old Man Blog No.042 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- The Old Man Blog No.041 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- The Old Man Blog No.040 Cockpit Assembly
- The Old Man Blog No.039 We went this year, as well!! The Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- The Old Man Blog No.038 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- The Old Man Blog No.037 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- The Old Man Blog No.036 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.035 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.034 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.033 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- The Old Man Blog No.032 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.031 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.030 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- The Old Man Blog No.029 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.028 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- The Old Man Blog No.027 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- The Old Man Blog No.026 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- The Old Man Blog No.025 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- The Old Man Blog No.024 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- The Old Man Blog No.023 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- The Old Man Blog No.022 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- The Old Man Blog No.021 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- The Old Man Blog No.020 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- The Old Man Blog No.019 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- The Old Man Blog No.018 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.017 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.016 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.015 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- The Old Man Blog No.014 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- The Old Man Blog No.013 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- The Old Man Blog No.012 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- The Old Man Blog No.011 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- The Old Man Blog No.010 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- The Old Man Blog No.009 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- The Old Man Blog No.008 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- The Old Man Blog No.007 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- The Old Man Blog No.006 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- The Old Man Blog No.005 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.004 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.003 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.002 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- The Old Man Blog No.001 Passion for the Product Launch Process