What is the Joint Festival?
4 big Volks events are held all together at the same time.
Even if the hobbies are different, all of us enjoy them in the same way.
Please come to the biggest event of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
40th Anniversary of Volks Inc. BIG EVENT - JOINT FESTIVAL-
- [Opening Day]
- December 22nd 2013
- [Door Opening Time]
- 12:00 – 18:00
- Tokyo Big Sight East 4, 5, 6 Halls
- *Approx. 3 minutes' walk from Kokusai-Tenjijo-Seimon Station. It will take approx. 22 minutes by Yurikamome train from Shimbashi Station (JR, Subways).
- [Entry fee]
- Entrance is free
- & Contents
- * Scale Model Frontier (Contest, Assembly Lessons, etc.)
- * Venue Special Sales Corner
- * Hobby Round & VLOCKer's Koushien 06
- * Rail Expo and Assembly Lessons
- * Dolls Expo and Dealers' Booths
- * ther Volks 40 Year Anniversary vents
→ Click to download a map of the venue (pdf approximately 1.9MB)
* This is me (when I was 24 years old) and my wife (she was 21).
We opened a Volks shop 2 weeks after getting married. This picture was taken in front of the shop.
We knew nothing, we could do nothing, and we had nothing. We two started business being totally inexperienced in the ways of the world. At that time, all we had were dreams, and even today that is still the same.
However because of our innocence, we could dare to take chances.
Since that day, we have been blessed with 4 children, keeping 5 dogs, 2 cats, 3 parrots. And now we have a longed-awaited grandchild!
My wife has been raising all of them! Including me!
So, I have been no match for my wife since we got married. She is totally in control.
What? Same with you?
I know, I know. That is why the world piece has been achieved, my friend!
Let's keep contributing to a world peace!
40 years ago, one cold winter morning.
December 3, 1972. One small model shop was open.
Its name was "plastic-hobby shop Volks."
"Volks" means 'public' or 'everyone's' in German. It was a very small shop. It has almost the same space as a compact car.
We didn't have enough money to purchase of stock, so I displayed my model kit collection which I was working on. And only when we got an order from customers, we went to a warehouse to make purchase. Like a "let's pretend" game of children, it was the beginning of "Volks".
40 years have passed.
At that time, no one could imagine that the day we can invite our customers to our event held in Tokyo Big Sight would come.
It is an only a one-day event in the year end, but we will hold the Joint Festival in order to express our gratitude for your continued support. We would like to show you our 40 years-history and enthusiasm for our future work.
We are looking forward to seeing you there.
EXTRA!!! SWS COMPLETE MODELS VENUE AUCTION!!!
For you aircraft modelers out there, the SWS "Full Metal Uhu Model" complete with diorama base, assembled by the divine metal worker Mr. Naoki Kobayashi will on display as well!!
The world's only "Full Metal Uhu", assembled by the divine modeler, Mr. Naoki Kobayashi himself, is finally complete; and he's going to donate it as an auction item!
It's so awesome that just looking at it will make you happy!
Take a look at this grandiosity!! This heftiness!!! And this realism!! It's a shame that I can't show this to you here in person! There's nothing missing from this as it was assembled by the grand master Mr. Kobayashi himself! Of course he used metal sheets with different grades of reflectivity for the various external planks. He has applied the touches of a true craftsman with each piece.
Total number of days used; 32! Total number of hours; 320! With even more polishing tasks in addition to this as well. He topped it all off with a handmade diorama base, crafted specifically for this showcasing! This is sure to blow you away as it is jam-packed with the experiences, skills, and top tier styling sense of a true master, Mr. Naoki Kobayashi! Please visit us at the venue and take a look at this metallic Uhu with your own eyes!
Even the internal structures, all assembled by Mr. Kobayashi himself, are definitely worth seeing! Being a true master, he perfectly finished the complicated tasks that are the Uhu's engine and internal structures. The engine panel, cowling, and gun-pack, and the gun-panel atop the main wings can be removed to view inside.
Who will be the successful bidder of this magnificent Uhu, crafted by master Kobayashi!? Let us hold our breaths and await the answer!
→Joint Festival "VOLKS ONE FOR ALL" Hobby Round Charity Auction
Who will be the successful bidder of this special Uhu?
The entire staff will be awaiting you arrival, please make this a memorable last page in your 2013 hobby life!
* As you can see in this picture, the engine mounted on the model is beautifully finished to the details.
All were assembled by Naoki Kobayashi.
* You can see Mr. Kobayashi's originality in the detailed work in a cockpit. Look at its accurate expression on the meter panel!
The paint on a seatbelt, levers, and the other accessories are excellently finished.
* The recreation of Liechtenstein radar that is hidden in the nose of SWS Uhu is as you can see above.
Not just the paint on the parts of air frame, but the surface of the fuselage, the nose cover, and the connection to the canopy look like being made from metal, and fit together perfectly.
* Engines have been equipped on the main wings. Paint and attachment of the gun belt of 20mm machine guns to the gun panel have completed.
He starts placing metal plates on external panels.
They look beautiful even now.
* Mr. Kobayashi is concentrating on his work placing metals on the Uhu auction model.
He has made it this far! His technique never fails to surprise all who see it.
Instantly, the Cockpit cover of the Uhu is coming to be metalized.
* "Here. You see?" Mr. Kobayashi's relaxed smile seems to guarantee his excellent work.
Major model magazines run a feature review of Mr. Kobayashi's works; P-51, Ta152, F104, B-36, and as you know, he has become legendary among the modelers.
British publisher: Valiant Wings Publishing produces a guidebook of SWS P-51 Mustang!
A guidebook of SWS P-51 Mustang is released from a British publisher!
On the 64 all color pages, Up-and-coming modeler, Daniel Zamarbide, gives detailed commentaries on Mustang's stories, assembly guide, the way to put realistic paint, and introduction of written materials and decals.
This guidebook amazes even the Zoukei-mura development team.
This is a perfect book for you to enjoy SWS Mustang to the fullest.
This book is written in English, but even if you cannot read English, with all the wonderful color pictures for each process and detailed commentaries, you can use it as a reference and enjoy it.
As well, Valiant Wings Publishing plans to produce its second SWS guidebook "He219 Uhu" that will be noteworthy book too.
There is limited number of copies, so I recommend that you make a purchase early.
SWS Mustang Guidebook...2400 JPY (+fee)
You can buy this book at: VOLKS Website Store
This is a self-produced, my favorite stand for building a plastic model!
(This item is limited run, so we will finish selling it once sold out.)
Yes, I drew a plan and crafted it with wood offcuts.
I have used it personally for long years, but many people who saw me using it and understood its convenience have told me that they want to buy it. So, this time I decide to make small quantity production and sell them to people who want them.
This item is limited run, so we will finish selling it once sold out.
"Volks Oyaji's Stand for building a plastic model"
Price: 4800 JPY (+fee)
*now in preparation for the sales.
When I make propellers thinner or working with planer shapes, I use this stand as another fingers to keep the parts steadily.
And when I smooth a joint area of tires or mold parting lines on small parts, this stand soothes the pain of fingers.
This stand is good for building all kind of plastic models.
However this is made from wood, so unsuitable for processing of metal or works using fire. There will be a crack or a burn mark. This stand is only for processing of plastic.
I recommend this to you who focus on cutting process and a craft knife!
Craft Knife Holder handcrafted by Philip Hui in the U.S.
Price: 2800 JPY (+fee) ～ 4000 JPY (+fee)
*now in preparation for the sales.
This is an artistic knife holder handcrafted by Philip Hui. I met him at the venue of IPMS Colorado this summer.
He handcrafts this knife one by one, so we will finish selling it once sold out.
If you find a favorite one, please get it. You can use it for life.
Please see it with your own eyes at the nearest Volk showroom as soon as possible.
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
- Archives -
- The Old Man Blog No.106We Went to SMC in Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.105Let’s Meet at SMW in Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.104We’re back from IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.103A Big Hello to All of My SWS Brothers!!
- The Old Man Blog No.102Welcome to the Zoukei-Mura Booth at IPMS Telford! Thank you for purchasing the 1/32 Toryu!!
- The Old Man Blog No.101We went to IPMS Phoenix!! Plus an Exciting Quiz: Guess the Next SWS Airplane!!
- The Old Man Blog No.100Have you got F-4J Marines?
- The Old Man Blog No.099The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
- The Old Man Blog No.098SWS Brothers from UK & Europe!! Thank you very much!!
- The Old Man Blog No.097The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!
- The Old Man Blog No.096We've been here!! Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.095 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 2)
- The Old Man Blog No.094 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 1)
- The Old Man Blog No.093 Already the beginning of summer?!! But while I was silent, the new release of the F-4S got closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.092 Happy New Year 2017!
- The Old Man Blog No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- The Old Man Blog No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- The Old Man Blog No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- The Old Man Blog No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- The Old Man Blog No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- The Old Man Blog No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- The Old Man Blog No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- The Old Man Blog No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- The Old Man Blog No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- The Old Man Blog No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- The Old Man Blog No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.074 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.073 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.072 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.071 The Old Man's meddling!!
- The Old Man Blog No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.069 We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- The Old Man Blog No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- The Old Man Blog No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- The Old Man Blog No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- The Old Man Blog No.064 Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- The Old Man Blog No.063 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- The Old Man Blog No.062 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- The Old Man Blog No.061 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- The Old Man Blog No.060 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- The Old Man Blog No.059 IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.058 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- The Old Man Blog No.057 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- The Old Man Blog No.056 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.055 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.054 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.053 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- The Old Man Blog No.052 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.051 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.050 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- The Old Man Blog No.049 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.048 Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- The Old Man Blog No.047 IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- The Old Man Blog No.046 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- The Old Man Blog No.045 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- The Old Man Blog No.044 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- The Old Man Blog No.043 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- The Old Man Blog No.042 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- The Old Man Blog No.041 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- The Old Man Blog No.040 Cockpit Assembly
- The Old Man Blog No.039 We went this year, as well!! The Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- The Old Man Blog No.038 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- The Old Man Blog No.037 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- The Old Man Blog No.036 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.035 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.034 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.033 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- The Old Man Blog No.032 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.031 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.030 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- The Old Man Blog No.029 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.028 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- The Old Man Blog No.027 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- The Old Man Blog No.026 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- The Old Man Blog No.025 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- The Old Man Blog No.024 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- The Old Man Blog No.023 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- The Old Man Blog No.022 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- The Old Man Blog No.021 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- The Old Man Blog No.020 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- The Old Man Blog No.019 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- The Old Man Blog No.018 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.017 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.016 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.015 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- The Old Man Blog No.014 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- The Old Man Blog No.013 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- The Old Man Blog No.012 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- The Old Man Blog No.011 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- The Old Man Blog No.010 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- The Old Man Blog No.009 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- The Old Man Blog No.008 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- The Old Man Blog No.007 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- The Old Man Blog No.006 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- The Old Man Blog No.005 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.004 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.003 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.002 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- The Old Man Blog No.001 Passion for the Product Launch Process