Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
Cherry blossoms are spreading out, and it finally feels like spring has come here in Kyoto.
How are you, dear SWS fans? Are you doing alright?
Spring is actually the hardest season for someone like me who has allergy to pollen.
But this spring I feel like expectations and anxiety are somehow mixing each other.
By the end of last year I read a book saying that Stevia is good for allergy. Then, I immediately started to try Stevia based organic food, and it's been four months now since I first tried this!
You know what? It's the end of March and still I haven't sneezed or had any inflammation of the eye yet!!
In the last 40 years, from January or February allergy was already attacking my nose, eyes, the whole body and felt like sneezing and itchy all the time.
It was only by the end of May, when chestnuts and oak-trees started to bloom and take color, that I realized that allergy was finally gone.
Now I really hope that I'm done with this annoying allergy.
Anyway, following the last issue, this time too I'm going to introduce some nice finished SWS kits.
I'll also show you plenty of pictures of the latest Toy Fair in Germany, taken at the Zoukei-mura booth.
Guys in the North hemisphere are living spring days, while guys in the South are on fall days, but all of you please enjoy this SWS World!
SWS 1/32 Mustang wonderfully back to life!
This kit has been submitted by a young modeler woman living in New Zealand!!
I'm so happy to show you this incredibly beautiful finished kit, please look at all the pictures! Even among female modelers you can find such a high level!!
Hey hey, this is "CRIPES A'MIGHTY", the famous airplane loved by Major George Preddy, magnificently reproduced!
It really looks like the actual airplane!
Its atmosphere is so nicely realized… If you're a real Mustang-fan you will fall for this model!
You can enjoy this work even more by these color pictures. What a diorama! And all the details of this work!
Life is breathing through this SWS kit!
Surprisingly, this Mustang has been finished by adding kitchen foils to every single section of the plane.
Can anyone see anything remaining from that addition?
And here is the cockpit! All the assembly, deep in detail, as well as the painting are perfectly realized. You can even read the small letters on the instruments!
This Mustang kit, finished with raw materials, will let you see all the completeness and the superior skills of this woman.
So, how was the Mustang of our Anita Davis, from New Zealand?
I've been immediately impressed by her skills as well as the choice of the subject "CRIPES A'MIGHTY". She's been the first to submit her pictures to this blog! And that idea of finishing the surface of the aircraft with a kitchen foil, well that's a great idea! Anita-san, awesome job!!
Furthermore, in her email she wrote that wife and husband should cooperate and enjoy the same hobby as modelers. That really put a smile on my face.
Her husband prepared the shelf to put the model by the day Anita-san would have finished it.
Isn't he a lovely husband?
These information below are from her impressions regarding this build.
- 1.She began modelling 27 years ago. She and her husband enjoy modeling together. When she was still a child, she dropped some yellow paint on the carpet while making a model and got scolded by her mom. That's how her story with modeling, enjoyed with the whole family, begun.
- 2.Building the SWS Mustang, from the overall structure to the engine details, has been just like building the real aircraft.
From the propeller to the tips of the aircraft, the shape of Mustang has been wonderfully reproduced.
- 3.By making the diorama, at the same time, she reproduced the aircraft and recreated a beautiful scenery where to expose it.
This shows all her passion as a modeler. When we read that she felt somehow sad when she finally finished the aircraft, we felt all her satisfaction, and it was like all the pain we went through during the kit development was gone. Thank you so much Anita-san! Keep enjoying the SWS world!
What? You're already working on the SWS Uhu??
Well, we're waiting for the pictures of this kit!
Please check all the details of her SWS Mustang at the following page.
It's definitely worth it!
Next, another high-skilled modeler from Germany,
Mr. Sven Muller and the pictures of his SWS 1/32 He 219!
Look! You can see the real He 219 with our SWS!
From the "PMC Erding" Modeling club, Sven Muller created this SWS He 219!
There is no kit except than SWS that can allow you to reach such a high degree of completeness and perfection.
Full Hatch Open! See in details all of the He 219!
The way you can enjoy the model, represent this aircraft and show such a mastery; we can say that SWS and high-skilled modelers naturally find themselves into these kits.
The fierce owl splendidly represented!
Despite being completed in 1/32 scale, the He 219 looks pretty compact. This airplane reflects all the fighting spirit and the expectations of Dr. Heinkel; the strain of the nigh battle of the last, intense days of the war in Germany, revives now.
This finished kit displays exactly all the charm of an SWS kit.
So, how was the SWS Uhu by Sven Muller , from Germany? This was arguably one of the best night fighters of the Luftwaffe, sadly abandoned to its destiny; you won't be able to feel its beauty apart from a mixed feeling of bravery and tragedy.
The fact that you can feel all this story thanks to this work, made me unconsciously admire the unlimited sensitiveness of this modeler, besides his skills.
You may find this build as well as other beautiful finished kits on "Flugzeug Classic" magazine. I definitely recommend it!
Sven Muller wrote these, as his impressions about this SWS kit:
- 1.90 hours to build it!
- 2.The hardest work has been the cockpit assembly and the reproduction of its details.
- 3.The engine reproduction is the highlight of this kit!
As a veteran modeler, he really enjoyed all of this SWS kit.
Thank you for coming so many this year too!!
Germany, Nuremberg – Raving around Zoukei-mura Booth at Toy Fair!
Hey! From the founder of the Czech-based review website, VIKTOR MULLIN, we got the "Best Aircraft Model in 1/32 Scale Certificate" for our SWS kits as the best 1/32 kits he has ever built!
I'm so happy!! This is an honor! It's been an intense moment where the courage of the whole development team has been praised!!
From Shinden, through Ta 152, P-51D continuing until Horten, this is the first time that the SWS World receives such an important award!!
Our concept is finally starting to be recognized! Someone who understands this has finally come! Now we will use this force for developing the next kits!!
Our motivation and courage have risen!
Viktor Mullin, Thank you so much!!
We will keep creating more and more fantastic scale models! Keep your expectations high!
Now, I'm waiting on this blog for the pictures of the masterpieces you created with your SWS kits. Fans all over the world are waiting. Please send the pictures of your finished kits!
Next time on this blog:
- 1.Finally, some news about SWS 1/32 Do 335's development
- 2.Thank you for waiting! SWS 1/32 Ta 152 H-0's release information!
- 3.News about the development of a new double engine aircraft! You'll be amazed!
And more and more, even delivery dates!
Take care of yourself until next time!
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
- Archives -
- The Old Man Blog No.102Welcome to the Zoukei-Mura Booth at IPMS Telford! Thank you for purchasing the 1/32 Toryu!!
- The Old Man Blog No.101We went to IPMS Phoenix!! Plus an Exciting Quiz: Guess the Next SWS Airplane!!
- The Old Man Blog No.100Have you got F-4J Marines?
- The Old Man Blog No.099The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
- The Old Man Blog No.098SWS Brothers from UK & Europe!! Thank you very much!!
- The Old Man Blog No.097The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!
- The Old Man Blog No.096We've been here!! Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.095 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 2)
- The Old Man Blog No.094 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 1)
- The Old Man Blog No.093 Already the beginning of summer?!! But while I was silent, the new release of the F-4S got closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.092 Happy New Year 2017!
- The Old Man Blog No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- The Old Man Blog No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- The Old Man Blog No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- The Old Man Blog No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- The Old Man Blog No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- The Old Man Blog No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- The Old Man Blog No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- The Old Man Blog No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- The Old Man Blog No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- The Old Man Blog No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- The Old Man Blog No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.074 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.073 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.072 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.071 The Old Man's meddling!!
- The Old Man Blog No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.069 We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- The Old Man Blog No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- The Old Man Blog No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- The Old Man Blog No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- The Old Man Blog No.064 Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- The Old Man Blog No.063 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- The Old Man Blog No.062 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- The Old Man Blog No.061 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- The Old Man Blog No.060 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- The Old Man Blog No.059 IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.058 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- The Old Man Blog No.057 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- The Old Man Blog No.056 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.055 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.054 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.053 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- The Old Man Blog No.052 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.051 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.050 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- The Old Man Blog No.049 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.048 Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- The Old Man Blog No.047 IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- The Old Man Blog No.046 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- The Old Man Blog No.045 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- The Old Man Blog No.044 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- The Old Man Blog No.043 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- The Old Man Blog No.042 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- The Old Man Blog No.041 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- The Old Man Blog No.040 Cockpit Assembly
- The Old Man Blog No.039 We went this year, as well!! The Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- The Old Man Blog No.038 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- The Old Man Blog No.037 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- The Old Man Blog No.036 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.035 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.034 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.033 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- The Old Man Blog No.032 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.031 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.030 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- The Old Man Blog No.029 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.028 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- The Old Man Blog No.027 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- The Old Man Blog No.026 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- The Old Man Blog No.025 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- The Old Man Blog No.024 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- The Old Man Blog No.023 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- The Old Man Blog No.022 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- The Old Man Blog No.021 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- The Old Man Blog No.020 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- The Old Man Blog No.019 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- The Old Man Blog No.018 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.017 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.016 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.015 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- The Old Man Blog No.014 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- The Old Man Blog No.013 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- The Old Man Blog No.012 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- The Old Man Blog No.011 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- The Old Man Blog No.010 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- The Old Man Blog No.009 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- The Old Man Blog No.008 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- The Old Man Blog No.007 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- The Old Man Blog No.006 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- The Old Man Blog No.005 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.004 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.003 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.002 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- The Old Man Blog No.001 Passion for the Product Launch Process