Here in Japan, home of Zoukei-Mura, hot days with over 35 degrees temperatures continue. How are you feeling, dear SWS fans?
SWS Development Team is finally completing the preparation prior to leave for IPMS Virginia.
We have set up a temporary booth at Volks (Parent Company of Zoukei-Mura) Head Quarter in Kyoto; same size, same design of the one that will be installed at IPMS Virginia. Final check of products, POP, Show Cards and Extra-Parts that will be exposed at the event.
Considering size and contents, this is going to be the biggest booth we have ever had!
I'd like to let all of you taste the atmosphere of the IPMS Virginia, event those who, sadly, will not be able to attend the event.
And this time, part of the Development Team will go first to the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum to gather new information on a new aircraft.
The name of this Aircraft is top-secret but, in order to realize a kit worthy of the fame that SWS has gained, the study phase will be more intense than before.
You can start imagining of an SWS kit that will shake up the world of scale models!
- I'll be there at the event but I can't speak English at all !
- You may start studying Japanese from now, bring a Japanese-speaking friend or just use eye-contact, body language and a smiley face to show your friendship.
Go easy on me, please!
- If you have any question for me, I will try to answer helped by my English-speaking staff; if it gets too busy, let's try at least to look at each other with a smile on our faces.
- We'll be also recruiting new "Zoukei-Mura Friend Shops" (SWS retailers) at the event.
If your retailer does not know Zoukei-Mura or the SWS kits, feel free to introduce our company!
IPMS Virignia, Horten Special Pre-Release. Go, get it!
♦This is the Special pre-release of 1/32 Horten kit, for IPMS Virginia!
"Freshly" done, wanted everywhere from everyone, who's going to get it first?
Here's a chance to make the long time expected Horten part of your collection, earlier than anyone else!
Just a few pieces of this Horten have been prepared to be available at this event. If you can come to Volks Booth at IPMS Virginia, this chance is for you.
You just need to come to Zoukei-Mura's booth, see with your eyes if the kit is like the one you've heard about, and once you're convinced, get it!
The adventure called "Scale Model" begins with the Horten!!
- ♦SWS 1/32 Ho 229 Horten Assembling Kit
- Price…………$ 152.00 (Special Price for this event)
- * For the items purchased at the event, Instruction manual will differ in some parts from the one that will be released in October. The Instruction Manual of the items released in October will be available for download from Zoukei-Mura Blog.
- ♦SWS Horten Official Release Scheduled for Late October
"I'll think about getting the Horten after I see the manual"
I see, I see. It's for you that we have prepared the Instruction Books that will be available at the IPMS Virginia.
Just $3 and you'll be able to see with your eyes the contents of the SWS Horten in every nook and corner.
There will be just 50 pieces available, so be quick if you really want to have it.
Scale Models, this is what we do !
The essence of SWS Kits and its production process, shown in an interesting and carefully written paper.
Here's the Horten instruction Book!
Master Kobayashi also edited several parts! Easy to read, meant to show Horten's assembly in a very simple way.
Please take a look, and then get the kit!
Zoukei-Mura Catalogs distributed for free at IPMS Event Virginia!
We'll be handing out this booklet to let you understand and enjoy the whole production process of an SWS Kit, from its basic idea, through kit and extra-parts development, until the final realization of the model and its concept note.
This is for free. Don't hesitate to pick it up.
I'd be glad if you if take a look at this documents that may show you how Zoukei-Mura changed the world of scale models. Distribution will continue until supplies last.
This Pamphlet is perfect for you guys who know Zoukei-Mura for the first time. From the basic concept to the showcase of the products, you'll get a better understanding of what Zoukei-Mura is.
Your dream is my dream!
Pay also attention to this special event!!
As always, this time at Zoukei-Mura's booth we'll be collecting your requests for the future SWS kit.
Let us know what you think and what you think regarding the next kit development.
(Fill in the questionnaire, and then insert it in the specific box)
We have prepared a lottery with splendid prizes for all of you who will leave a request for the next kit. The prizes will include SWS kits, Extra Parts, Zoukei-Mura T-shirts , Concept Notes etc.
This the event that, every time, makes all the hobby-loving men go crazy!
Please join this time too!
- ♦Lottery Schedule:
- August 8 (Fri) 15:00 ~ At Zoukei-Mura Booth
You want to buy an SWS kit in America?
There `s Volks USA (Los Angeles) for that!
Of course you can pre-order online, and also by calling. (order explanation will be given at the time of your request).
Just like in Japan, all of the SWS kits, Extra-parts, Concept Notes will be available in America.
We look forward to your order.
- ■VOLKS USA, INC.
- URL: https://www.volksusa.com/
- Phone: 310-782-8324 / Email: email@example.com
- For reference: Hideyoshi Shigeta (USA General Manager)
- [ VOLKS USA, Inc. Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/volksusa ]
Flash!! Do 335's Clay model will make its first appearance at IPMS Virginia!!
No kidding! Still at a rough stage ( clay model) but we have decided to bring this model in 1/24 scale just to show you how its parts will look like.
Just like He 219, Ho 229 and of course this Do 335 too, the complex realization of an SWS kit starts with this Clay Models.
From now on, all the details will be gradually added to every part you will see.
This Clay Model is for all you German-Aircrafts Fans who are thinking about getting an SWS Do 335.
The real charm and excitement of a scale model. This is what SWS kit wants to represent.
It's not over! New information will be disclosed about the next SWS kit!
Just as you thought, that cool machine is under development. It starts with an A-4 Model. Then, your collection will be shaken at its foundation when we expose this huge release!
I know your heart is starting to beat faster just by seeing or listening about it!
All you guys coming at IPMS Virginia, take a look at it. Feel free to dream of it!
Special Nipper for modeling finally here!
The masterpiece that you modelers were waiting for.
That is Zoukei-Mura "PRO-ZETSU Nipper" (for right handed)
This nipper, designed by me and manufactured by a Japanese tool factory, is meant just to cut plastic parts.
This delicate and sharp tool will surprise you and make your hobby much more pleasant.
Please, just use it to cut the "gate" of the plastic parts.
Do not use it to cut runners, metal parts, wood or paper, not even by mistake, not even for fun.
Not recommended to the ones who just want to cut and cut without minding.
Please be careful.
"I want a cutting nipper designed exclusively for plastic models!!"
That's what I strongly wanted, about 30 years ago, so I decided to develop a design and make an original model by myself. Then, it's been handmade one by one at a metal factory. Now, that nipper is available again with a renewed design.
It is a real master piece, light, easy to hold, and it cuts so cleanly. We highly recommend you to have it as a special tool for your plastic models; you'll be loving it!
Just meant to cut plastic parts….
- 1. Please do not use it to cut off thick sprues.
- Its delicately made and adjusted blades are very easy to get damaged.
- They are developed just to cut "gate" pieces. If you use it solely for this purpose, you can enjoy its sharpness for a long time.
- 2. Please do not use it to cut wood, metal, and papers.
- No matter how thin the metal, wood or paper is, when this nipper is used to cut these things, unnecessary pressure is put on the blades and made them slide easily.
- Please use special nipper to cut these materials.
- 3. You can re-sharpen the blades.
- If it gets blunt, you can re-sharpen it. Please contact your retail shop, Volks or Zoukei-mura.
- 4. Nipper for right-handed people will be released first.
- Handles have "protrusions" which prevent falling; design to be easy to use.
- Once you have it in your hand, you can enjoy building plastic models more than before.
- ♦Zoukei-Mura PRO-ZETSU Nipper
- Price 3,300 JPY (+fee) $ 36.00
- To order via website click here → [ Volks Website Store ]
The Pride of the Old Man! Zoukei-Mura Tweezers!!
Let me tell you about this magnificent tool I have been using for 40 years; I may say it's become like a second right hand for me.
13cm long, high-quality stainless made, I dare to say it's a real masterpiece.
Beautiful design, easy to handle, a tender repulsion plus a natural touch when I pick up a part; it's useful in different ways, for different jobs.
Once you use these tweezers, you'll be wishing you could use them again as soon as possible.
Whether it is a sophisticated work or just something like cutting decal sheets, if you have these tweezers, modeling will get way funnier and enjoyable.
Sadly, Mr. Koyama, the man who made these tweezers by his hands, just for us, died last year.
I wanted him to stay healthy and create more and more of these splendid objects, but that's a dream that can't come true anymore.
Fortunately, there's a stock here that I have prepared for you! I really wanted to make more and more modelers aware of these wonderful tweezers.
I guess you will all be using and enjoying them!
If you want to make hobby more enjoyable, I really recommend you these tweezers that I personally love.
Dear hobby-fan, this is just for you!
- ♦Zoukei-Mura V Tweezers (Bent)
- Price ¥ 2,800 JPY (+fee) $ 31.00
- To order via website click here → [ Volks Website Store ]
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
"1/48 Ta 152" is now available too!!
Now in 1/48 size, how far developed is SWS Ta 152? How has it changed from previously released 1/32 kit?
We made a wonderful kit that will not disappoint 1/48 kit collectors!
This is the first attempt to show you the 3D drawings of SWS Do 335.
What do you think about this? As compared to 1/32 Horten, obviously Do 335 makes a big difference!!
With this 3D drawing, this SWS kit is recreated as the way it is.
From the fuselage structure and the reproduction of each part, to the precise description of the mechanical movements of the plane, the development of this SWS kit is currently moving forward.
However, this is just a 3D drawing. From now, we will do more historical researches, and add more detailed description about each part as we can. We seek a recreation of the assembly process that will give you the fun as if you are creating the real aircraft.
We, the development team keep working hard to complete the final investigation in order to make this kit good enough to be part of your collection.
Please be a little bit more patient!!
While waiting for the day when the SWS Do 335 is released, please enjoy building the Ho229.
Our only hope is your patience and your judgment as a modeler.
Through the SWS kit style, the entire "Do 335" is finally recreated!
From the DB 603 A traction engine to the cockpit, and from the tank fuels to the internal structure and the propulsion engine, you will enter into a world of building where you will feel as you are recreating the real "Do 335"!
The model-making world of 1/32 scale kits has moved so far!
For both, the expert modelers who built SWS kits many times and the new modelers who have never tried before, SWS Do 335 is the best recommended kit.
Luftwaffe Heavy Fighter 1/32 Do335 is also diligently under development in order to make one of the best SWS kits!!
This will be a breathtaking kit too!! Look forward to it!!
- Archives -
- The Old Man Blog No.105Let’s Meet at SMW in Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.104We’re back from IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.103A Big Hello to All of My SWS Brothers!!
- The Old Man Blog No.102Welcome to the Zoukei-Mura Booth at IPMS Telford! Thank you for purchasing the 1/32 Toryu!!
- The Old Man Blog No.101We went to IPMS Phoenix!! Plus an Exciting Quiz: Guess the Next SWS Airplane!!
- The Old Man Blog No.100Have you got F-4J Marines?
- The Old Man Blog No.099The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
- The Old Man Blog No.098SWS Brothers from UK & Europe!! Thank you very much!!
- The Old Man Blog No.097The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!
- The Old Man Blog No.096We've been here!! Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.095 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 2)
- The Old Man Blog No.094 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 1)
- The Old Man Blog No.093 Already the beginning of summer?!! But while I was silent, the new release of the F-4S got closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.092 Happy New Year 2017!
- The Old Man Blog No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- The Old Man Blog No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- The Old Man Blog No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- The Old Man Blog No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- The Old Man Blog No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- The Old Man Blog No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- The Old Man Blog No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- The Old Man Blog No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- The Old Man Blog No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- The Old Man Blog No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- The Old Man Blog No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.074 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.073 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.072 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.071 The Old Man's meddling!!
- The Old Man Blog No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.069 We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- The Old Man Blog No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- The Old Man Blog No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- The Old Man Blog No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- The Old Man Blog No.064 Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- The Old Man Blog No.063 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- The Old Man Blog No.062 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- The Old Man Blog No.061 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- The Old Man Blog No.060 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- The Old Man Blog No.059 IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.058 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- The Old Man Blog No.057 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- The Old Man Blog No.056 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.055 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.054 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.053 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- The Old Man Blog No.052 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.051 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.050 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- The Old Man Blog No.049 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.048 Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- The Old Man Blog No.047 IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- The Old Man Blog No.046 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- The Old Man Blog No.045 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- The Old Man Blog No.044 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- The Old Man Blog No.043 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- The Old Man Blog No.042 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- The Old Man Blog No.041 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- The Old Man Blog No.040 Cockpit Assembly
- The Old Man Blog No.039 We went this year, as well!! The Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- The Old Man Blog No.038 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- The Old Man Blog No.037 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- The Old Man Blog No.036 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.035 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.034 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.033 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- The Old Man Blog No.032 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.031 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.030 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- The Old Man Blog No.029 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.028 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- The Old Man Blog No.027 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- The Old Man Blog No.026 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- The Old Man Blog No.025 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- The Old Man Blog No.024 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- The Old Man Blog No.023 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- The Old Man Blog No.022 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- The Old Man Blog No.021 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- The Old Man Blog No.020 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- The Old Man Blog No.019 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- The Old Man Blog No.018 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.017 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.016 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.015 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- The Old Man Blog No.014 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- The Old Man Blog No.013 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- The Old Man Blog No.012 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- The Old Man Blog No.011 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- The Old Man Blog No.010 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- The Old Man Blog No.009 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- The Old Man Blog No.008 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- The Old Man Blog No.007 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- The Old Man Blog No.006 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- The Old Man Blog No.005 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.004 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.003 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.002 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- The Old Man Blog No.001 Passion for the Product Launch Process