Hello, SWS fans!
In Japan, the depressing rainy season always starts in June, but somehow, this year the weather has been refreshing every day.
There was a tornado in the USA, a flood in Europe, and a forest fire because of the unusual dryness. Is the place where you live alright? Please be careful with this abnormal weather.
Old Man Blog No.42 Uhu Edition, Episode 5
- - Contents -
- * Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- * I'm sorry to say that this is the last SWS Uhu episode for now.
- * The SWS Uhu Concept Note also goes on sale at the same time!
- * Thank you very much for reading the SWS Uhu episodes for all this time.
Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
I've heard that all preordered kits within Japan will be shipped out by June 15. We're processing the overseas orders at the same time, but with the long journey and the customs process, there might be a little more of a wait.
At any rate, the SWS Uhu will reach you soon. Please look forward to the kit for just a little longer.
Although as I write this, I realize that there might be some of you whose kit has already arrived safe and sound, and you're reading this as you go through the parts.
How is it? What do you think of Zoukei-mura's work on the SWS Uhu?
How do you think the He 219 Uhu came to have its unique external appearance? As you finally begin to build your SWS kit, perhaps you will come to understand the enigmatic Uhu.
It's more than just a machine.
Furnished with astounding beauty and functionalities, you might say it is a masterpiece that has entered into the realm of art. With time, I'm sure you will become more and more engrossed and amazed by this aircraft.
Please enjoy it as much as you like. It is especially for people who own the SWS kit.
Anyway, I'm glad that we could bring you the SWS Uhu!
It seems like your Uhu, which you were worried about, arrived at your front door safely.
Have you successfully passed the usual strict surveillance network of your wife because of all your careful preparations? Uneventful and safe; well done. A round of applause for you.
Somehow, you seem to have lots of confidence on your poker face.
However, you should know that you can't use the same method in the future again.
You should consider yourself lucky this time. On the major strategy of the magnificent SWS kit collection, the worst enemy is your overconfidence.
Also, you need to keep your guard up right after the secret strategy has succeeded.
Always keep yourself in check, and be careful not to get conceited or overconfident.
Otherwise, from just a little thing, a rift will appear in your strategy, and you might have a crisis on the whole collection one after another. Please keep a strict poker face and bear further strict information management in your mind.
You can't follow in the footsteps of the staggering defeat from the Battle of Midway, which the Japanese Navy suffered.
Anyway, it is important to think that Uhu is easy, comparing the full picture of SWS kits, which the development steps forward one after another in the future.
The plans of the SWS No.8, No. 9 and all the next SWS kits are ongoing to throw you into the storm of joy, which is losing consciousness, an earthshaking, and dancing.
Please consider Uhu as a small food in an appetizer and prepare yourself to the future that the favorites in the main dish will keep coming up.
Just thinking about it sates me enough that I no longer have an appetite!
The SWS is actually going to be great from now!!!
I will give you a developing airplane quiz in the next episode of this blog. I am looking forward to a lot of answers from you.
I'm sorry to say that this is the last SWS Uhu episode for now.
Well, well, what are your impressions after having a first look at the SWS Uhu kit?
Was it a suitable workmanship for the SWS kit No. 6!?
Perhaps some of you have already started the assembly, and are moving forward faster than me! Wonderful!!!
Today, I would like to show you the joining of the fuselage and the main wings as the final step of the assembly.
The entire kit and its parts could reach such a quality because of its 1/32 scale size – well no, that is because of it's an SWS kit!
The more I look at it and the more I get to know it, I feel like I can get a taste of the prominent talent of Dr. Heinkel.
It is like a mystery, or magic – the airplane is like a lump of human intelligence, which is kept inside of fuselage that has the fantastic and magical external design. This is the He 219.
Now it is time that you fully enjoy the several beautiful structures that the Heinkel He 219 shows, and that can be made only by a SWS kit, by your hands.
This is my office, in the Zoukei-Mura headquarters, located in Kyoto.
Even if it is true, perhaps that it looks like a torture room for the SWS development team. I have completed the torture… Whoops. I mean I have completed the fuselage and the main wings on my temporary work bench. Though it is just workshop on the parts only, it spreads enough of the wonderfulness and the splendor of the Uhu.
As the real airplane, the way the main wings join perfectly to the fuselage allows us to taste the atmosphere of the production factory of the Uhu.
The base, where the kit is, is a cutting board that I made myself to mold the parts. It is very useful when you need to carefully sharpen parts, such as the propellers pitch details for instance. Shall I make them for sale?
This is one picture taken from the rear part of the airplane.
When I assembled the kit this time, as I tried to build it using three different test shots, the mold color of the parts are different depending on the test shot samples. Also, because we have corrected one detail, some parts of the released kit may differ.
If I can complete all these parts, three Uhu kits will be here!
Just by hearing the part number, you might feel that you need a lot of time and effort to build it, but it is easy if you think of the pleasure of the assembly process. More than that, the joy of discovering the mystery of the Uhu with my hands makes my heart trembles!
At first, I was astonished by the massive size of the Uhu, but building it makes it familiar to me, and surprisingly, at last, I did not pay attention to its size. Perhaps that it is also because of my presbyopia, but I feel that a 1/32 scale is better to taste the beautiful structure perfectly reproduced in detail.
Well, what do you think of it?
Maybe it's this beautiful structure, or its expression of life, but as I build it, I feel so satisfied I can't help but grin like a fool.
I am sure that you, too, wish to stop time and to continuously stare at it.
And even for me, building the kit until this step made me realize once again that in fact I just knew a little part of the airplane, and so including its external shape!
It was the continuity of assembly which I could learn what I did not know about the Uhu.
Well, on the contrary, the truth is that I could even say that I did not know almost anything about the Uhu.
The reason is that, since I began assembling the kit, I am immerged in the joy of rediscovering the Uhu once again.
Even for you who are so familiar with the Uhu, if you build this SWS kit, you should be surprised once again by the series of new discoveries you will make.
Oh, but the Uhu is really such a beautiful, mysteriously wonderful airplane!
The SWS Uhu Concept Note also goes on sale at the same time!
"I'm always excited when the latest SWS kit goes on sale!" With this sort of encouragement from so many SWS kit fans from around the world, we're finally at the point where we can release the Concept Note at the same time as the actual kit.
I think this time around, as per usual, you can expect the Uhu Concept Note to be spot on and filled with wonderful content.
The information on the actual aircraft was gathered directly from the Uhu undergoing restoration at the Smithsonian Museum, and the Concept Note is packed with photographs and detailed commentary from experts.
Actually, in some of the photos included in the book, you can see the Zoukei-Mura SWS development team all bundled up in their white work jumpsuits.
See if you can find them! (You'll find our development team members N, T, and K.)
In addition, in the kit's assembly commentary, you'll find everything from the most basic assembly steps to tips for the final finishing touches, as well as some notes about what to watch out for.
There are also finished kit examples from 3 famous modeler pros from around the world, plus articles written by them on their assembly process, as usual.
Oops, we can't forget the secretly popular "Novel" corner.
As even the detailed drawings of the Uhu and the 1/48 scale are specially included, it's quite the bargain!
This Concept Note is a valuable addition to your airplane collection, as resource for information about the actual He 219, and as a guide for the kit. I hope you will bring one home.
This is the SWS Uhu Concept Note!!
Read it first, then buy the kit, or buy the kit, then read it!
This is already an absolute must-have item for any SWS Kit collection. From the detailed photographs based on research of the actual aircraft to tips, tricks, and basic steps for building the kit, it seems like the correct answer would be to read the Concept Note first, then build the kit.
You can order online here → [ VOLKS Website Store ]
Well then, thank you for following along with the SWS Uhu development for all this time.
Starting with the next blog, you'll get to hear all about the noteworthy Japanese aircraft SWS 1/32 "Mitsubishi Raiden."
The vision I had, as I lay on my side on my hospital bed, gazing out the window on that hot summer day after my vocal cord polyp surgery, of black planes flying in formation rising against the blue of my eyelids, will finally become a reality.
It had a kind of stout feel. The aircraft, which was molded to have volume in all its parts, was designed in a style quite unlike other Japanese aircrafts of the time. But in truth, the aircraft was the most Japanese of Japanese aircrafts because of its atmosphere and its beauty.
Along the way, there was a moment when I had to push myself thinking, "this has to change!" and we completely redid the whole section, from the design to the metal molding.
But even by that roundabout way, the completed "Raiden" is so cool, so superb it sends shivers down my spine.
I'm getting excited about this project, as I strongly believe that it will reflect the graceful design concepts of Japanese aircrafts, and it will be second only to the elegant external design of the SWS P-51D Mustang, which is being developed at the same time.
Coming soon!! The ultimate scale model, the Raiden in 1/32 scale, is coming your way.
If you happen to be talking to a zealous fan of Japanese aircrafts who has yet to try an SWS Kit, I would definitely, highly recommend this Raiden to them as the finest example of Zoukei-mura's work.
I hope you'll look forward to the beauty of a Japanese aircraft that only Japanese designers and developers can create.
Here in the Northern Hemisphere, a hot summer is headed our way. For all your modelers, please enjoy your "hobby life" while taking care of yourself in this hot weather.
Well, until next time!
Farewell for now.
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
- Archives -
- The Old Man Blog No.105Let’s Meet at SMW in Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.104We’re back from IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.103A Big Hello to All of My SWS Brothers!!
- The Old Man Blog No.102Welcome to the Zoukei-Mura Booth at IPMS Telford! Thank you for purchasing the 1/32 Toryu!!
- The Old Man Blog No.101We went to IPMS Phoenix!! Plus an Exciting Quiz: Guess the Next SWS Airplane!!
- The Old Man Blog No.100Have you got F-4J Marines?
- The Old Man Blog No.099The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
- The Old Man Blog No.098SWS Brothers from UK & Europe!! Thank you very much!!
- The Old Man Blog No.097The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!
- The Old Man Blog No.096We've been here!! Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.095 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 2)
- The Old Man Blog No.094 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 1)
- The Old Man Blog No.093 Already the beginning of summer?!! But while I was silent, the new release of the F-4S got closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.092 Happy New Year 2017!
- The Old Man Blog No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- The Old Man Blog No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- The Old Man Blog No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- The Old Man Blog No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- The Old Man Blog No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- The Old Man Blog No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- The Old Man Blog No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- The Old Man Blog No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- The Old Man Blog No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- The Old Man Blog No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- The Old Man Blog No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.074 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.073 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.072 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.071 The Old Man's meddling!!
- The Old Man Blog No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.069 We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- The Old Man Blog No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- The Old Man Blog No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- The Old Man Blog No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- The Old Man Blog No.064 Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- The Old Man Blog No.063 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- The Old Man Blog No.062 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- The Old Man Blog No.061 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- The Old Man Blog No.060 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- The Old Man Blog No.059 IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.058 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- The Old Man Blog No.057 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- The Old Man Blog No.056 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.055 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.054 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.053 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- The Old Man Blog No.052 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.051 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.050 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- The Old Man Blog No.049 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.048 Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- The Old Man Blog No.047 IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- The Old Man Blog No.046 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- The Old Man Blog No.045 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- The Old Man Blog No.044 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- The Old Man Blog No.043 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- The Old Man Blog No.042 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- The Old Man Blog No.041 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- The Old Man Blog No.040 Cockpit Assembly
- The Old Man Blog No.039 We went this year, as well!! The Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- The Old Man Blog No.038 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- The Old Man Blog No.037 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- The Old Man Blog No.036 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.035 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.034 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.033 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- The Old Man Blog No.032 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.031 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.030 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- The Old Man Blog No.029 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.028 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- The Old Man Blog No.027 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- The Old Man Blog No.026 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- The Old Man Blog No.025 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- The Old Man Blog No.024 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- The Old Man Blog No.023 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- The Old Man Blog No.022 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- The Old Man Blog No.021 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- The Old Man Blog No.020 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- The Old Man Blog No.019 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- The Old Man Blog No.018 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.017 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.016 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.015 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- The Old Man Blog No.014 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- The Old Man Blog No.013 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- The Old Man Blog No.012 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- The Old Man Blog No.011 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- The Old Man Blog No.010 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- The Old Man Blog No.009 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- The Old Man Blog No.008 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- The Old Man Blog No.007 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- The Old Man Blog No.006 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- The Old Man Blog No.005 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.004 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.003 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.002 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- The Old Man Blog No.001 Passion for the Product Launch Process