IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
"Thank you for coming so numerous to Zoukei-mura booth!!"
Dear SWS brothers, how are you doing?
Our Zoukei-mura team just got back from IPMS Telford 2015, and everybody is fine.
The pictures taken by our team show the happy crowd in those days and the smiley faces of the modelers happy to meet each other again after one year, I feel like I can hear their cheerful voices too.
That seems sooo fun!!
As the SWS Old Man, but also as your SWS brother, I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart to come to Zoukei-mura booth.
And then, same as every year! This year so many of SWS fans lined up in front of our booth!!
We're so happy for that!! In the name of all the Zoukei-mura company, my deepest and heartfelt gratitude!!
Thank you very much.
Now you've probably opened the box of your 1/48 Horten or one of the other SWS kits you got at the event and maybe your build has already reached a pretty advanced stage, am I right?
So, how's your 1/48 Horten?
Yes!! I am talking to you!
You're one of the first in the world who can enjoy this kit.
This baby is cool, isn't it!
Every corner has just been downscaled in 1/48 scale to reproduce the real Horten Ho 229 machine, enhancing the volume of its charm!!
Same as the1/32 Horten? Oh no, the taste of working only on the small parts gets much more intense.
No fuss no muss, take your time to enjoy it.
I firmly believe that, the moment you finish it, you can feel with your body and soul you're in a different dimension; the world of scale models.
Of course! One model should be finished just with the skeleton.
Another one should be done to represent the wood pattern, and another one should be painted to show the dirt and stains remaining from the battle field.
And then the last one…..!!!
Secretly stocked somewhere in your shelves, to be enjoyed as a part of your collection even 20 years later!
You see?? It takes a total of 4 machines to dominate the SWS 1/48 Horten.
Stricken by the brave figure of those 4 Horten kits piled up in front of you, that's how you really are this year, embraced by the greatest happiness.
What? More than that, you're scared by the gaze of your wife?
Ah you're that kind!! Nothing to be afraid of, compared to the charm of the 1/48 Horten!
Not if you're man, better say a hero!
Here you go with a smart excuse or, otherwise, just persist with your poker-face!!
Here comes the time when you have to choose between fighting or running!!
For caution, I'll wish my brothers good luck from the Japanese skies…..!!!
OK, that's it for my weird incitement. This time I'll give you a taste of Zoukei-mura team's work and show you the SWS brothers enjoying the show.
For you who came to our booth, and also you who couldn't come, and also you bravely saying "next year I'll make it to Zoukei-mura booth, somehow!" thank you very much for enjoying this with us.
▋Here we are! IPMS Telford 2015 finally starts!
The fight of Zoukei-mura team, the earliest to go to the venue, is about to begin! They should carry on with this energy until the end!
▋Well, well! The same scenario before the opening, the calmness, or maybe I should say the quiet before the storm, however, the hard job starts from here!
▋Tadaaan! See the stuff from Japan all piled up!
Packed inside are the kits, the extra parts and concept notes you SWS brothers are waiting for!
▋Now! The war starts!
First of all lay these clothes all over the long tables, that's Zoukei-mura style.
This year too, the booth is scrupulously prepared to let all of you coming enjoy this event.
▋Hey! Here they have already started to display the finished samples.
They've come a long way so here and there something gets broken. Each aircraft is being carefully repaired.
▋Following up, this year's SWS brave figures join the battle line. You can see the 1/48 Horten behind the 1/32 Uhu. This time the "real warfare edition" and the "wooden reproduced edition" displayed, have both drawn the attention of many fans.
▋The booth is about to be complete. Our member KS is very busy!
Lots of you have enjoyed some talk with this French guy.
He's also in charge of part of the translation of this blog.
▋Ooooh! IPMS guys and other exhibitors are already coming to have a look!!
Here's K, busy with entertaining our guests. He's actually my son. Until today he's been working hard for Telford, where he's loved by anyone, waiting for it more than anything else. Please keep on loving him!
▋Booth completion is close! Plenty of SWS fans out there are waiting for the moment to come in.
The pre-ordered kits, the preparation of the display items, and then the extra-parts, the concept notes and the original display bases, everything is ready. We just need to wait the rush of modelers.
▋Just before the opening! There's already a line of people waiting in front on our booth!
And all of you, all of you are exhibitors at the IPMS!
We have the other professionals lining up! That is a really happy SWS kit! Thank you very much!
▋First, this guy got the 1/48 Ta 152 H-1!
Thank you for lining first! You'll be surely surprised by this SWS kit that will change your modeler's life.
▋Second man in the line! And he's the first in the world to get the 1/48 Horten!
Hey!! He looks awesome!! That smile has blown away all our pains. Thank you!!
▋And then, the nice smile of the second person in the world to get the 1/48 Horten…!!
If I continue, this entry will look like an official announce of the purchasing order worldwide!
But we're more than honored to deliver this to you. Thank you very much!!
▋Hey! This guy is holding some diorama bases in his hands!! You're an expert! You'll be amazed yourself with these masterpieces, bases that enhance the beauty of a finished kit!
▋I want this! Ta 152 H-0!
Ooohh, you have taste! I have this baby here in front of my desk!
Soon the Fw 190 series will be thrown into the battle line. Make sure you finish it by that time.
▋Hey hey, I want the 1/32 Horten!! Oooh! The 1/32 is good too!!
This kit will probably show its best presence being the most unique kit in the middle of your collection! Thank you very much!!
▋Hey, the happy SWS kit grabbed by the beautiful lady is our Raiden, isn't it?!
The deity that protected the skies of Tokyo will certainly protect you too! Thank you very much!
▋1/32 Horten for me too!
Ooooh another beautiful modeler-lady? Or is that a present for her darling?
We feel the happiness of this SWS kit you chose. Thank you very much!
▋Look at this! 1/32 Uhu! Yeaahh, you finally got it!
This baby is a really motivating kit! I'm sure it will become the best of things you've had during your modeler's life. Enjoy it all.
More pictures of modelers, no, SWS brothers enjoying their time, will keep coming on and on.
That's all for today; the remaining pictures are coming in a few days.
The echoes of the infamous prototypes of 1/32 Do 335 and 1/48 F-4…
And then a taste of the amusing raffle. I will deliver these next time.
You know, this scale model world is actually funny!!
So I feel happy just by looking at the pictures of the event days.
Please take care of you.
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
Available Now!! SWS 1/48 Ho 229
▋SWS 1/48 Ho 229 Price: 5800 JPY (+fee)
→ Further details here.
To order via website click here → [ Volks Website Store ]
- Archives -
- The Old Man Blog No.105Let’s Meet at SMW in Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.104We’re back from IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.103A Big Hello to All of My SWS Brothers!!
- The Old Man Blog No.102Welcome to the Zoukei-Mura Booth at IPMS Telford! Thank you for purchasing the 1/32 Toryu!!
- The Old Man Blog No.101We went to IPMS Phoenix!! Plus an Exciting Quiz: Guess the Next SWS Airplane!!
- The Old Man Blog No.100Have you got F-4J Marines?
- The Old Man Blog No.099The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
- The Old Man Blog No.098SWS Brothers from UK & Europe!! Thank you very much!!
- The Old Man Blog No.097The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!
- The Old Man Blog No.096We've been here!! Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.095 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 2)
- The Old Man Blog No.094 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 1)
- The Old Man Blog No.093 Already the beginning of summer?!! But while I was silent, the new release of the F-4S got closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.092 Happy New Year 2017!
- The Old Man Blog No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- The Old Man Blog No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- The Old Man Blog No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- The Old Man Blog No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- The Old Man Blog No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- The Old Man Blog No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- The Old Man Blog No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- The Old Man Blog No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- The Old Man Blog No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- The Old Man Blog No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- The Old Man Blog No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.074 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.073 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.072 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.071 The Old Man's meddling!!
- The Old Man Blog No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.069 We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- The Old Man Blog No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- The Old Man Blog No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- The Old Man Blog No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- The Old Man Blog No.064 Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- The Old Man Blog No.063 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- The Old Man Blog No.062 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- The Old Man Blog No.061 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- The Old Man Blog No.060 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- The Old Man Blog No.059 IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.058 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- The Old Man Blog No.057 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- The Old Man Blog No.056 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.055 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.054 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.053 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- The Old Man Blog No.052 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.051 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.050 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- The Old Man Blog No.049 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.048 Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- The Old Man Blog No.047 IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- The Old Man Blog No.046 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- The Old Man Blog No.045 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- The Old Man Blog No.044 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- The Old Man Blog No.043 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- The Old Man Blog No.042 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- The Old Man Blog No.041 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- The Old Man Blog No.040 Cockpit Assembly
- The Old Man Blog No.039 We went this year, as well!! The Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- The Old Man Blog No.038 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- The Old Man Blog No.037 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- The Old Man Blog No.036 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.035 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.034 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.033 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- The Old Man Blog No.032 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.031 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.030 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- The Old Man Blog No.029 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.028 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- The Old Man Blog No.027 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- The Old Man Blog No.026 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- The Old Man Blog No.025 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- The Old Man Blog No.024 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- The Old Man Blog No.023 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- The Old Man Blog No.022 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- The Old Man Blog No.021 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- The Old Man Blog No.020 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- The Old Man Blog No.019 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- The Old Man Blog No.018 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.017 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.016 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.015 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- The Old Man Blog No.014 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- The Old Man Blog No.013 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- The Old Man Blog No.012 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- The Old Man Blog No.011 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- The Old Man Blog No.010 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- The Old Man Blog No.009 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- The Old Man Blog No.008 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- The Old Man Blog No.007 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- The Old Man Blog No.006 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- The Old Man Blog No.005 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.004 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.003 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.002 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- The Old Man Blog No.001 Passion for the Product Launch Process