Finally, the second day of the old men festival is about to begin!!
IPMS Virginia starts early!
Indeed, doors will open at 9 o'clock in the morning!
Fans and modelers who cannot wait for that are gathering and enjoying at the entrance of the venue.
That's good….this atmosphere of joy is really nice.
All the faces and eyes of these old men are shining bright as those of young kids. And as one among these young kids, I am shining too.
We are shining, shining!!!
Hey, I can hear some heated discussions about scale models here and there.
Other dudes are proudly showing pictures of their models with theirs smartphones. They are talkative!!
For sure among them somebody is talking about Zoukei-Mura too, right? I'd like to overhear what they say but I'm kind of scared as well….
And finally, here we are: the venue opens!
Hoo!! Look at this!! Look at the instant when doors open!
さA group of old men is silently launching an attack to our booth!
Today too, there's a long line from early morning in front of our booth!!
I couldn't be happier! And everyone is here for the 1/32 SWS Horten!
"Today I'm definitely buy it!"
We clearly understood that intention just by looking at the face of the people standing in line.
And their force is like they would have knocked us down if they couldn't have it today either!
To the ones who bought the kit and the ones who couldn't:
For those who stood in line to get one of the few pieces we brought here, I would like to thank you very much.
To those who regret that they couldn't buy the Horten:
My bad, sorry! Please forgive me and don't hurt me this time.
Regarding this 1/32 SWS Horten kit, in fact…
This year IPMS Virginia celebrates the 50th anniversary from its foundation. To show the respect Zoukei-mura has for the event host and participants we wanted to have this sale at the event at any cost.
Around 2 years have passed since the beginning of the Horten development.
For a small and immature scale model kit maker like us, it has been a really troubled development. There's been the possibility that the kit would have not been ready by the end of October, so our staff really did the best they could in order to avoid this.
How could we do to have Horten kits ready on our Zoukei-mura's booth by the early morning of August 6, when IPMS Virginia would have started?
The strenuous effort of the factory staff in charge of the realization of the die-cast, combined with the fantastic job of the production line-staff who completed the contents (even just a few units) and made this possible: properly finished products ready to be delivered.
And I am not talking about the incredible effort from the staff who took care of the preparation necessary to expose and sale the goods at the event.
The result of the staff holding on until the last moment made that Horten could be finally released.
espite that, the newly made 1/32 SWS Horten flew directly from the factory to the event location, and we, the Zoukei-mura staff actually saw the kits here for the first time when we opened the newly cartons!
Furthermore, we brought the decals and the instruction manuals with us in our personal luggage from Japan, and we deliver them with the kit to the fan who lined to buy the kit. That really gave the impression of an actual sale!
Considering what we did this time, we can say we can probably do anything.
What? This sounds like a rush work that the Japanese Army did pretty well, you said?!
Yes indeed. As their descendants, from now we will continue with this spirit!
Anyway, me and the Development Team members here at the IPMS Virginia are feeling relieved we have been able to give you what you were dreaming of with this limited pre-release.
From now, our next target is the official release of the kit in late October!!
Finally, starting from Japan, let's make an utter effort to release the SWS 1/32 Horten.
To the Horten-fans all over the world: please be patient for a little longer.
Production is going steadily now!
What? Only 10 Horten kits available for today?!
Just few stocks as you can see! Mr. H from the Development Team is busy with the preparation of these kits.
On the POP just next to him, you can see some drawings of the next Fw190, currently under development! From A3 to A4, and A5-A8, almost every model will be made. Of course, we will also reproduce the D-9!!
The strongest squadron of Luftwaffe fighters is about to become SWS kits. That is a shot to you heart! Awesome!!
Today is the day I get the Horten!!
Yes, you can get it!
But unfortunately only 10 pieces left.
I'm really sorry for all the guys from the eleventh one who stood up in the line. Please forgive me and the team.
Wow! He got it! That's cool!!
It was worth standing in the line from early morning!! Today, one of your dreams has finally come true.
Next time, please get the Do 335 and all Fw 190!! For the Do 335, please choose the Zoukei-mura's one!
Your happy face is something we wouldn't trade for anything else! Thank you very much!!
We'll do our best to see those happy faces again and again with our SWS kits!!
This is it! The Horten! You know it, don't you? I do. We did it for you!
Our fatigue due to the long journey from Japan disappears thanks to your smile!
But what about getting other SWS kits besides Horten?
This gentleman with his nice baseball cap also got the Horten!
Dear gentleman, do build the Horten please! Because I dare to say this kit represents all you can imagine and expect from a scale model.
Look, here's the Horten. Contents are stuffed in and it seems quite heavy. If you don't line, you cannot purchase it. But it's ok as I could get it.
I'm pleased we could deliver our kits to such a passionate guy like you.
The kit is heavy but it's because of a rich content! Please enjoy it!
I got it too! What? Aren't you another vendor, man? Well, we're honored you made this kit part of your collection!
Now we expect you to build it up and show it everyone!
Hey hey, this is the SWS Horten everyone is talking about. Said another vendor. You are vendor, aren't you?
It was a good idea to buy this kit before vending your stuff. Well, this Horten is actually a good product, you did well!
I stood up in line for the Horten too. And I actually got it! Yeah, thank you very much!
I'm sure you'll be definitely taken by our SWS kits! Prepare to have loads of fun!!
I got it! What's that thing you're holding in your hand? No doubt: it's a Horten. I'd be very happy if you could show just a bit more happy face! But I have to praise you anyway for standing in the line and buying our kit. What? You'll be smiling once you're at home? Fair enough, man!
I'm happy enough now! Yes, the look on your faces is clearly showing that feeling. Great respect for you who bought this kit. I'm sure you'll get addicted to the other SWS kits too. Great SWS kits for great modelers! Don't miss any chance to gather other SWS!
You did it! Horten is finally yours! "Yes it is! So nice to touch this unexpectedly big box and this art cover." By the way, didn't we sell the 10 limited pieces?!!
Yes, sorry mate!!
I'd like to make you happy too, if it wasn't for this arbitrary decision and acting of mine.
I bought it! The Horten!
Hey, this is the proof that good things still happen in this world. The existence of this model may be affecting this high degree of your happiness.
From the structure to the details of the mechanism and the exact reproduction of every part, you can enjoy the feeling that the real thing has actually come here.
Wow! You look good in this stylish shirt!
And you're also grabbing an SWS Horten ! This is a nice day, isn't it? My happy and also a little proud face is actually telling so. Thank you very much!
Yay! You look so happy!! I think you just feel like I do right now. Probably from tonight on you'll be having so much fun that you wouldn't like to rest. So good you could make this kit a part of your life. Please enjoy SWS kits to the fullest!
Hoo! You, nice beardy man got both Horten and Shinden kits at the same time! Well done man!
You are the true American hobby fan! You should also make Ta 152, Raiden and He 219 Uhu kits part of your collection!
At the end of the day, we sold out all the kits we prepared even though we put some extra kits for sale. I can't forget the sad faces of the people who lined up but couldn't buy the kit. I'm really sorry. We will not forget about you with the regular release around November!
Look at the 3 cool men gathered in Virginia! These are the American members supporting our Zoukei-Mura company.
On the right is Joe-san, John-san is in the middle, and then me Shigeta is completing the picture!
The T-shirt we are wearing has been prepared for the whole staff, just for this event by our John-san!
Zoukei-Mura logo placed just in the middle of our chest is dazzling!! John-san, thank you very much for these wonderful T-shirts!!
Yes, this time at IPMS Virginia, Zoukei-Mura USA members have also joined us: my big brother Joe-san from Arizona, and the man who's like my twin-brother: the stouthearted John-san from Nevada!
Joe-san came straight–away from Oshkosh Air Show where he attended as a volunteer. This toughness represents the ideal and staunch of a real American old man.
And he's turning 84 this year!! He keeps driving his beloved car and flying across the US enjoying his life as much as he can. He is a super-American old man!
Here's Joe-san. As soon as he arrives to the venue, just after the greeting he already explains about the SWS, getting requests or taking care of the sales, acting as a member of Zoukei-Mura. It looks like our Joe-san doesn't feel any fatigue.
He is my American big brother for who I have most respect.
And then, here is John-san. He's here this time since he wrote a wonderful review for the Skyraider Concept Note, and he came from Nevada.
This brother of mine went to Vietnam War and made it home safely.
When he's not working, this American old man lives with airplanes, helicopters, Harleys and anything that comes around.
He can't walk perfectly due to the wounds of war, but recovered wonderfully!! His wound didn't prevent him from standing at the event for many hours, from the morning until the evening, and help Zoukei-Mura.
No matter how many times I suggested a break, he just turned on and said "this is my duty", then he winked and kept working hard. A real handsome American, whose guts and coolness are the real uniform he wears.
The booth looks completely different with these 3 guys gathered together! It's a great reinforcement!! By the way, am I the only one who doesn't master English? Like never before at Zoukei-Mura's booth, I can hear funny jokes in English all the time.
It's really nice to hear those jokes!! Really funny!!
I can see the smiley faces of the old men coming at our booth, caused by the great sense of humor of Joe-san and John-san.
Of course, they seem return the jokes with great ones. The reaction of these old Americans is so fast and punctual! I admit I'm a little envious.
Actually, 10 hours pass from the opening at 9 am every morning, since the closure is at 7pm!!
We had a very good time here at the IPMS Virginia. Joe-san, John-san you did an awesome job. Thank you very much!!
That's it for today. Please look forward to the next entry!!
From Kyoto, Japan, where rainy days don't seem to stop.
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
"1/48 Ta 152" is now available too!!
Now in 1/48 size, how far developed is SWS Ta 152? How has it changed from previously released 1/32 kit?
We made a wonderful kit that will not disappoint 1/48 kit collectors!
This is the first attempt to show you the 3D drawings of SWS Do 335.
What do you think about this? As compared to 1/32 Horten, obviously Do 335 makes a big difference!!
With this 3D drawing, this SWS kit is recreated as the way it is.
From the fuselage structure and the reproduction of each part, to the precise description of the mechanical movements of the plane, the development of this SWS kit is currently moving forward.
However, this is just a 3D drawing. From now, we will do more historical researches, and add more detailed description about each part as we can. We seek a recreation of the assembly process that will give you the fun as if you are creating the real aircraft.
We, the development team keep working hard to complete the final investigation in order to make this kit good enough to be part of your collection.
Please be a little bit more patient!!
While waiting for the day when the SWS Do 335 is released, please enjoy building the Ho229.
Our only hope is your patience and your judgment as a modeler.
Through the SWS kit style, the entire "Do 335" is finally recreated!
From the DB 603 A traction engine to the cockpit, and from the tank fuels to the internal structure and the propulsion engine, you will enter into a world of building where you will feel as you are recreating the real "Do 335"!
The model-making world of 1/32 scale kits has moved so far!
For both, the expert modelers who built SWS kits many times and the new modelers who have never tried before, SWS Do 335 is the best recommended kit.
Luftwaffe Heavy Fighter 1/32 Do335 is also diligently under development in order to make one of the best SWS kits!!
This will be a breathtaking kit too!! Look forward to it!!
- Archives -
- The Old Man Blog No.103A Big Hello to All of My SWS Brothers!!
- The Old Man Blog No.102Welcome to the Zoukei-Mura Booth at IPMS Telford! Thank you for purchasing the 1/32 Toryu!!
- The Old Man Blog No.101We went to IPMS Phoenix!! Plus an Exciting Quiz: Guess the Next SWS Airplane!!
- The Old Man Blog No.100Have you got F-4J Marines?
- The Old Man Blog No.099The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
- The Old Man Blog No.098SWS Brothers from UK & Europe!! Thank you very much!!
- The Old Man Blog No.097The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!
- The Old Man Blog No.096We've been here!! Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.095 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 2)
- The Old Man Blog No.094 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 1)
- The Old Man Blog No.093 Already the beginning of summer?!! But while I was silent, the new release of the F-4S got closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.092 Happy New Year 2017!
- The Old Man Blog No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- The Old Man Blog No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- The Old Man Blog No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- The Old Man Blog No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- The Old Man Blog No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- The Old Man Blog No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- The Old Man Blog No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- The Old Man Blog No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- The Old Man Blog No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- The Old Man Blog No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- The Old Man Blog No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.074 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.073 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.072 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.071 The Old Man's meddling!!
- The Old Man Blog No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.069 We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- The Old Man Blog No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- The Old Man Blog No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- The Old Man Blog No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- The Old Man Blog No.064 Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- The Old Man Blog No.063 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- The Old Man Blog No.062 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- The Old Man Blog No.061 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- The Old Man Blog No.060 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- The Old Man Blog No.059 IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.058 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- The Old Man Blog No.057 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- The Old Man Blog No.056 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.055 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.054 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.053 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- The Old Man Blog No.052 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.051 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.050 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- The Old Man Blog No.049 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.048 Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- The Old Man Blog No.047 IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- The Old Man Blog No.046 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- The Old Man Blog No.045 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- The Old Man Blog No.044 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- The Old Man Blog No.043 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- The Old Man Blog No.042 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- The Old Man Blog No.041 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- The Old Man Blog No.040 Cockpit Assembly
- The Old Man Blog No.039 We went this year, as well!! The Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- The Old Man Blog No.038 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- The Old Man Blog No.037 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- The Old Man Blog No.036 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.035 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.034 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.033 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- The Old Man Blog No.032 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.031 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.030 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- The Old Man Blog No.029 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.028 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- The Old Man Blog No.027 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- The Old Man Blog No.026 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- The Old Man Blog No.025 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- The Old Man Blog No.024 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- The Old Man Blog No.023 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- The Old Man Blog No.022 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- The Old Man Blog No.021 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- The Old Man Blog No.020 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- The Old Man Blog No.019 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- The Old Man Blog No.018 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.017 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.016 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.015 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- The Old Man Blog No.014 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- The Old Man Blog No.013 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- The Old Man Blog No.012 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- The Old Man Blog No.011 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- The Old Man Blog No.010 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- The Old Man Blog No.009 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- The Old Man Blog No.008 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- The Old Man Blog No.007 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- The Old Man Blog No.006 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- The Old Man Blog No.005 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.004 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.003 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.002 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- The Old Man Blog No.001 Passion for the Product Launch Process