Last episode about IPMS Virginia!
Hello, dear fans of SWS!!
My blog entries about IPMS Virginia finally come to the end.
It's with a lot of souvenirs and nostalgia that I write this last episode.
Once again, I would like to say that I sincerely bless you all, lovely old scale modelers, and I am glad that I could influenced even a little bit this scale model world. Also, I am very pleased that I could offer SWS kits during the event.
Thank you to all the people who came to our Zoukei-mura booth!
Thank you very much to all the SWS kit purchasers too!
And thank you to all of you who always supported our booth, whatever happened!
Then, I am grateful to Joe-san, my big brother who taught me the most important thing in the world, to John-san who is like my twin brother, and to all the Zoukei-mura staff.
Woo!! What is that!! The SWS Uhu kit!! Moreover it has been lovely cut to show its interior!
Thank you for enjoying this kit and for your efforts to finish it!! Please continue supporting the SWS kits.
Mr. Ed who wrote a very nice article for our SWS Skyraider Concept Note came to our booth!! Thank you for this. With your article, a lot of modelers could check the good aspect of the SWS kits.
Ho?! You are Mr. Charles, from IPMS Richmond, aren't you?
Thank you for your high evaluation of our SWS kits. Please continue introducing them to a lot of fans!
What? While we meet you at each event: IPMS Omaha, Florida, Colorado, and now here in Virginia, you say that you come from Seattle?!
Thank you also for always purchasing our SWS kits!!
And then, Mr. Dennis came to visit us! We did not meet since IPMS Colorado! Actually, Mr. Dennis is in charge of the SWS Focke Wulf box art! First of all, he will finish the A4 type. Then, other wonderful works wait. To all the Focke Wulf fans: please look forward to them!
"Where do you come from?" "I come from ..."
I asked this question to a lot of visitors, but surprisingly all drove few hours to come to the venue! Among them, one drove for 10 hours! And I was surprised that some people drove for 8 hours!!
That's America. The size of this country is different than Japan!
Here are the best troops of Zoukei-mura eating an hamburger at lunch. That kind of scene also becomes a good memory. More than the hamburger, talking with everybody is our real treasure.
Ho?! This is Mr. Ed! Thanks to you, we succeeded in building a lot of SWS kits! Once again, thank you very much. We are thankful for your strong support while we gathered information on real Shinden, Ta 152, Uhu, Do 335 and then Fw 190 aircrafts.
Hey!! We met you once again Mr. Earl! You helped us a lot during IPMS Omaha and in Florida. What a nice guy always purchasing our SWS kits you are! Please continue supporting us.
Then, here is Mr. Fred.
Thank you for purchasing SWS kits at each event!
I am so pleased that you offered me a huge 1/42 XB70 Valkyrie this year!! Thank you for this valuable gift!! I will add it to my precious collection!!
Finally IPMS Virginia is now over! John-san and developer H started immediately cleaning up the booth, which has welcomed a lot of customers.
While we needed almost 1 entire day for the set-up, cleaning is so fast!
Joe-san, John-san, thank you for your hard work!!
I was really speechless in front of your hard fight.
You are typical American old guys, working fast and well. But the Zoukei-mura team will not lose against you!!
Look at this! In no time, the Zoukei-mura booth has become a small amount of cartons thanks to the hard efforts of everybody!!
By the way, have a look at Chris's power! He is like a Japanese born in France. All your emails to me are translated by Chris and by Carmine, an Italian.
If you receive strange translations, it's their fault!
Thank you for your help, IPMS Virginia!!
I have a strange feeling: I regret that the event is over but at the same time I feel relieved that it has ended. Next year, we will meet in Ohio! Please continue supporting us until that day.
IPMS Virginia "Extra" Report
Tadaaaam!! Here is the long-awaited "extra" report of the event!
What? You did not look forward to it?
Anyway, there are people among you that are waiting for it without saying it… or perhaps not.
Well, as we went until Virginia, USA, I have to introduce you the funny dinners we had.
Please consider this section if you actually plan to go to an IPMS event....
We always eat well during the IPMS.
Where is this?
Ho yes, it's "Outback" the steakhouse. One says that by enjoying our time before the steaks come, we increase their flavors.
I never limit the order of the Zoukei-mura team. They order what they like, and only what they like!
Developer K and Chris cannot hide their joy as they want to have dinner now! The one who isn't amazed is Joe-san, my brother.
"You don't work? Hey work!" he thinks.
Then, we received an unexpected gift from John-san! Indeed, he offered to all of us a T-shirt with the Zoukei-mura logo! Usually, it should be the opposite, shouldn't it? Anyway, look at my surprised face. Thank you John-san.
What we will have for dinner tonight!?
Hey hey, here is "Olive Garden", an Italian restaurant. When dinner time comes, everybody is always like this! Everybody's morale increases.
The waiters are also surprised by our enthusiasm. No order restriction tonight too! Please eat all what you want!
Wow, the atmosphere is nice, the food tasty, and all members have a great appetite! And we have no doubt about the success of our booth! The dinner continued with this atmosphere for many hours. Italian restaurants in the US are pretty good.
Tonight we ate seafood at the famous "Joe's Crab Shack" restaurant! But who is the one who could eat such beautiful lobsters! American crayfish will see red!
Hooo, it's you!! Criminal!
Moreover you are exhibiting its clamps!
Did you say "thank you" before eating it?
Yum yum, it's tasty!
For sure this is nice and tasty! Finally, please pay the bill for this dinner!!
And the result is...!
Thank you "Joe's Crab Shack"! It was worthy coming from Japan. We were completely satisfied by the nice atmosphere and the good food.
Finally, the morning when the Zoukei-mura team has to dissolve has come. Now, we are going back to Japan while Joe-san goes to Arizona and John-san to Nevada. Everybody goes back home.
Please take care of you, and see you in Ohio!!
See you in Ohio!!
My IPMS Virginia report, which has been split in 4 episodes, comes to the end.
Thank you very much to all of you who came to the Zoukei-mura booth, and who purchased our SWS kits. I would like to thank you on behalf of the Development Team.
Then, I am looking forward to meeting you in 2015 during the Ohio event. I am very pleased and honored to share this wonderful scale model hobby with all of you.
Thank you very much.
Representative of Zoukei-mura, Inc.
↓ Please don't hesitate to use the submission form below ↓
"1/48 Ta 152" is now available too!!
Now in 1/48 size, how far developed is SWS Ta 152? How has it changed from previously released 1/32 kit?
We made a wonderful kit that will not disappoint 1/48 kit collectors!
This is the first attempt to show you the 3D drawings of SWS Do 335.
What do you think about this? As compared to 1/32 Horten, obviously Do 335 makes a big difference!!
With this 3D drawing, this SWS kit is recreated as the way it is.
From the fuselage structure and the reproduction of each part, to the precise description of the mechanical movements of the plane, the development of this SWS kit is currently moving forward.
However, this is just a 3D drawing. From now, we will do more historical researches, and add more detailed description about each part as we can. We seek a recreation of the assembly process that will give you the fun as if you are creating the real aircraft.
We, the development team keep working hard to complete the final investigation in order to make this kit good enough to be part of your collection.
Please be a little bit more patient!!
While waiting for the day when the SWS Do 335 is released, please enjoy building the Ho229.
Our only hope is your patience and your judgment as a modeler.
Through the SWS kit style, the entire "Do 335" is finally recreated!
From the DB 603 A traction engine to the cockpit, and from the tank fuels to the internal structure and the propulsion engine, you will enter into a world of building where you will feel as you are recreating the real "Do 335"!
The model-making world of 1/32 scale kits has moved so far!
For both, the expert modelers who built SWS kits many times and the new modelers who have never tried before, SWS Do 335 is the best recommended kit.
Luftwaffe Heavy Fighter 1/32 Do335 is also diligently under development in order to make one of the best SWS kits!!
This will be a breathtaking kit too!! Look forward to it!!
- Archives -
- The Old Man Blog No.103A Big Hello to All of My SWS Brothers!!
- The Old Man Blog No.102Welcome to the Zoukei-Mura Booth at IPMS Telford! Thank you for purchasing the 1/32 Toryu!!
- The Old Man Blog No.101We went to IPMS Phoenix!! Plus an Exciting Quiz: Guess the Next SWS Airplane!!
- The Old Man Blog No.100Have you got F-4J Marines?
- The Old Man Blog No.099The long-awaited F-4 D, finally available from February 17th (Sat)!!
- The Old Man Blog No.098SWS Brothers from UK & Europe!! Thank you very much!!
- The Old Man Blog No.097The autumn show of hobby world is about to begin!!
- The Old Man Blog No.096We've been here!! Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.095 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 2)
- The Old Man Blog No.094 We went to IPMS Nationals in Omaha!! (Part 1)
- The Old Man Blog No.093 Already the beginning of summer?!! But while I was silent, the new release of the F-4S got closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.092 Happy New Year 2017!
- The Old Man Blog No.091 Greetings for the end of 2016
- The Old Man Blog No.090 Thanks for the instant sell-out!
- The Old Man Blog No.089 SWS F-4J finally ready for its pre-release at the IPMS Telford!!
- The Old Man Blog No.088 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 4
- The Old Man Blog No.087 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.086 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.085 The Giant of the Jet-fighters F-4: the Answer from Zoukei-mura - Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.084 We went to the IPMS Columbia!!
- The Old Man Blog No.083 Hey! Just like I said!! With the SWS kit, you can understand this far the Do 335's secrets!
- The Old Man Blog No.082 SWS Do 335 Thank you for all the reservations we received from all over the world!!
- The Old Man Blog No.081 So, let's build the Do 335!! Last Episode.
- The Old Man Blog No.080 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.5: "this time let me introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.079 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.4: "this time I introduce you the work on the main wings!!"
- The Old Man Blog No.078 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.3: "the cockpit is awesome too".
- The Old Man Blog No.077 So, let's build the Do 335!! Episode No.2: "how to build the DB 603 engine".
- The Old Man Blog No.076 So, let's build the Do 335!!
- The Old Man Blog No.075 The soul of a reciprocating engine is finally here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.074 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.073 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.072 IPMS Telford 2015 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.071 The Old Man's meddling!!
- The Old Man Blog No.070 Here we go!! IPMS Telford 2015 is about to start!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.069 We went to the IPMS Nationals in Ohio!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.068 Come, SWS brothers!
- The Old Man Blog No.067 What is the rear taste of building a kit?
- The Old Man Blog No.066 One of the plastic model kits' tastes (the current taste)
- The Old Man Blog No.065 Spring time! Hobby season has come!!
- The Old Man Blog No.064 Thank you for the pictures of your finished SWS kits!
- The Old Man Blog No.063 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!! 2nd Part!!
- The Old Man Blog No.062 Presentation of the finished SWS Horten kit!!
- The Old Man Blog No.061 The indispensable tools of the Old Man!
- The Old Man Blog No.060 Urgent Notice for all of you who purchased our SWS 1/32 Horten kit!
- The Old Man Blog No.059 IPMS Telford 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.058 SWS Horten finally spreads its wing and flies in to the big sky!
- The Old Man Blog No.057 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 4
- The Old Man Blog No.056 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 3
- The Old Man Blog No.055 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 2
- The Old Man Blog No.054 IPMS Virginia 2014 Event Report: Episode 1
- The Old Man Blog No.053 Zoukei-Mura finally headed to IPMS Virginia!
- The Old Man Blog No.052 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.051 Development status for SWS HORTEN Kit Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.050 Want to see more of HORTEN!!
- The Old Man Blog No.049 The first test shot of SWS Ho 229 is finally getting here!!
- The Old Man Blog No.048 Welcome to JOINT FESTIVAL of our company that will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Volks Inc!!
- The Old Man Blog No.047 IPMS Telford 2013 Event Report
- The Old Man Blog No.046 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 3
- The Old Man Blog No.045 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 2
- The Old Man Blog No.044 IPMS Colorado 2013 Event Report 1
- The Old Man Blog No.043 The so long-awaited Japanese aircraft episode is starting
- The Old Man Blog No.042 Finally, the long-awaited SWS kit, "He 219 Uhu," has started shipping, in order by reservation!
- The Old Man Blog No.041 The final production prototype for SWS No. 6 Uhu is done
- The Old Man Blog No.040 Cockpit Assembly
- The Old Man Blog No.039 We went this year, as well!! The Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany!!
- The Old Man Blog No.038 For all of our SWS fans and Uhu fans, I have an apology and an announcement!
- The Old Man Blog No.037 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part3
- The Old Man Blog No.036 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.035 IPMS Telford 2012 Event Report: Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.034 The Opening Day of IPMS Telford is Finally Getting Closer!!
- The Old Man Blog No.033 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Final Part
- The Old Man Blog No.032 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part2
- The Old Man Blog No.031 Event Report from IPMS Florida 2012, Part1
- The Old Man Blog No.030 Delivering Your Hopes along with My Dreams
- The Old Man Blog No.029 Finally, the SWS Mustang will Take Flight!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.028 The Pre-Order Deadline for the P-51D Mustang is Coming Soon!
- The Old Man Blog No.027 SWS Mustang! Long-Awaited Pre-Order Period Finally Started!!
- The Old Man Blog No.026 Delivering the SWS Mustang to All of You Around the World!!
- The Old Man Blog No.025 I Want to Make the Most Beautiful Mustang through the SWS!!
- The Old Man Blog No.024 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #4
- The Old Man Blog No.023 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #3
- The Old Man Blog No.022 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #2
- The Old Man Blog No.021 Event Report from IPMS in Telford, UK #1
- The Old Man Blog No.020 Is Your SKYRAIDER Already Home?!
- The Old Man Blog No.019 Thank You for Waiting!! Your SKYRAIDER is Finally Coming Home!!
- The Old Man Blog No.018 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 3
- The Old Man Blog No.017 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 2
- The Old Man Blog No.016 Took a Trip!! To IPMS "Omaha By The Sea"!!! Part 1
- The Old Man Blog No.015 Package design has reached its final stage!!
- The Old Man Blog No.014 The 'R3350 Engine' and the 'Cockpit' are complete!!
- The Old Man Blog No.013 Japan and the Japanese will recover, once again!!
- The Old Man Blog No.012 SKYRAIDER Test Model 1 Debut, Part 2!!
- The Old Man Blog No.011 The SWS SKYRAIDER will fly over the sky of Nurnberg!
- The Old Man Blog No.010 Is Your Ta 152 Being Brought Up Happily!!??
- The Old Man Blog No.009 The time that Ta 152 fans worldwide have been waiting and waiting for has finally arrived.
- The Old Man Blog No.008 Finally, it's just before the release of the Ta 152!! At last it goes to you!!
- The Old Man Blog No.007 Scale Model Reproduction Must Start with Your Gut Feeling! Is What I've Really Come to Believe.
- The Old Man Blog No.006 Ta 152 Means Wings!!
- The Old Man Blog No.005 Forgive Me, Brothers-in-Arms! At This Point, Just Let Me Announce It~!!!
- The Old Man Blog No.004 Also,The Engine Known As Jumo 213E Is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.003 This Ta 152 H-1 is Amazing!!
- The Old Man Blog No.002 Using plastic, that magicalmaterial,I wont to create a real airplane!
- The Old Man Blog No.001 Passion for the Product Launch Process